The Logos Now Membership Program is here!

Page 4 of 6 (111 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next >
This post has 110 Replies | 15 Followers

Posts 1844
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 10:08 AM

SineNomine:

Phil et al., thank you for answering so many questions.

Unfortunately, I think you guys may have missed one of mine (from the bottom of the first page):

Will the special 5% Logos Now discount also apply to people with academic discounts?

I'm checking to confirm how this will work. Just want to be sure before giving an answer.

Posts 1844
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 10:09 AM

Mattillo:

Phil

Any chance of making videos in the media browser downloadable? Videos like the DaSilva series. Thanks

Are you looking to be able to watch them offline?

Posts 1844
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 10:10 AM

David Couch:

How often will the Mobile Ed course cycle?

Not defined yet. Maybe a couple of times a year, or maybe quarterly.

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 10:18 AM

SineNomine:
This thread gets a lot less complicated if you ignore everything in it about Logos Now that wasn't written by a Faithlife employee.

Now that would be an EXTREMELY helpful  filter to be able to apply to the threads that inevitably arise and go on for pages and pages whenever there is a big announcement. Would probably save a lot of time and frustration for all involved if such a thing could easily be implemented. 

Posts 1844
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 10:22 AM

Is Mebin:

Me thinks I'll wait for L8...I simply can't understand a word of this...maybe there should be some strategies that include the non-intelligencia

Sorry this seems confusing. I'm intentionally providing more detail than we'll provide in our marketing communication, since many forum users like these kinds of details.

It'll be much easier to understand once Logos 7 is live on the website and we have more simplified marketing communication better suited for most users. Your options should be pretty clear at that point. Not interested in Logos Now? That's okay. You can buy Logos 7 just like you would Logos 6. Want to know what impact Logos Now will have on your Logos 7 purchase? Just add Logos Now to your cart with Logos 7 and look at your price. Remove it to see what you'd pay without it.

It's simpler than these threads may make it seem. A Logos Now membership really boils down to two basic things:

1. Member-only offers, discounts, promotions, promo codes, freebies.
  2. Access to Logos features and other content.

That's pretty much it. If I can help you, feel free to call me (360-685-2314) or email me (phil@faithlife.com).

Posts 3386
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 10:23 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

Phil

Any chance of making videos in the media browser downloadable? Videos like the DaSilva series. Thanks

Yes sir. The DaSilva videos are great but my church has terrible wifi so it would be awesome if I could download them. Not sure how to use or access the new media included with now but once I find something I'd like to use it would be great to be able to download and show later

Posts 1844
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 10:26 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

I want to thank all of the Logos staff who have been so patient, gracious, and earnest in their efforts to present and clarify the details of this new program and Faithlife's reason for creating it.  I have cringed when reading some of the rather accusative member posts in this thread (and others) regarding the program and have subsequently been amazed at the gentle and helpful responses by staff members.  But I've also appreciated the staff's responses to so many questions from members who are simply trying to get a handle on the new program.  It does seem to me that Faithlife has made an earnest attempt to come up with a program that can have a very broad range of appeal.  By it's very nature however, I think any such program can lead to a lot of confusion and misunderstanding when first presented.  I don't know if Faithlife adequately anticipated the number and range of questions members would have, but I think the staff has done a great job in fielding them all.

I'm not in full-time ministry, so as a lay-person, I acknowledge I don't have as much skin in the game as those who are.  My vocation is not affected by Faithlife's offerings, whether in terms of features or resources.  Even so, I've had the software since the Libronix days and have upgraded with each new release of Logos.  I currently have the Logos 6 Gold library and have purchased many additional resources that were not offered as part of a package.  Unlike some, I have not kept an account of what I've spent with Faithlife, but I expect it's in the $4K to $5K range--possibly (probably Wink)higher.  In the past, I have followed discussions regarding the Logos Cloud and the old Logos Now programs, but I found them of little interest/value for me.  But I am looking very seriously at the new Logos Now program.  I am not at all upset that the new program provides both new customers and existing customers with easier, less expensive options for obtaining features that in the past required me to purchase a Gold library or above.  Nor do I feel the new program harms me in any other way.  I'm glad I can continue with business as usual, making my purchase decisions regarding features and resources as I always have if I so choose.  But I'm also thankful for the new options made available.

I also want to thank all the non-staff forum members who have responded to so many of our questions.  As is so often the case, your contributions have added much value to the forum.     

Thanks for your kind words! It's our pleasure.

Posts 1844
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 10:27 AM

Mattillo:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

Phil

Yes sir. The DaSilva videos are great but my church has terrible wifi so it would be awesome if I could download them. Not sure how to use or access the new media included with now but once I find something I'd like to use it would be great to be able to download and show later

Thanks for letting me know what you'd like to do. Let me look into this with the team.

Posts 3386
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 10:35 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Mattillo:

Phil

Thanks for letting me know what you'd like to do. Let me look into this with the team.

Neat! Thank you for listening and considering

Posts 297
Mike McKnelly | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 11:13 AM

If I own logos five and I buy the new logos now will my version of the software say 6.13?

Posts 3322
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 11:22 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
SineNomine:
Phil et al., thank you for answering so many questions.

Unfortunately, I think you guys may have missed one of mine (from the bottom of the first page):

Will the special 5% Logos Now discount also apply to people with academic discounts?

I'm checking to confirm how this will work. Just want to be sure before giving an answer.

Thank you. I realize it's probably complicated. I can be patient.

Puer natus est nobis. Merry Christmas!

Catholic Products Forum - Book Suggestions UserVoice - Verbum Blog

Posts 27961
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 12:15 PM

Mike McKnelly:
If I own logos five and I buy the new logos now will my version of the software say 6.13?

Yes, but for clarification: You don't have to get Logos Now for your software to say "6.13." The software engine is always free. When major new releases come out, they are typically made available at first only to those who make a purchase, but are then made available to everyone. If you are using the L5 engine, you should have updated a year and a half ago! 

If you own an L5 base package, a "Logos Now" membership will get you ALL of the datasets for L6 & L7 which have been made available to date. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 1:11 PM

alabama24:
a "Logos Now" membership will get you ALL of the datasets for L6 & L7 which have been made available to date. 

Out of curiosity, if the features from 6.12 etc are being called features of L7 how does that way of describing them change when L7 ships, in other words, they are saying 6 point __ features are actually 7 early release so 7 point __ are actually L8 features etc. Sounds like it will be confusing when someone wants to buy a base package with features. What will L7 contain? All the features that have been developed up to that date of shipping L7? Seems like one could argue that 7 point___ features should come with 7 etc. Maybe I'm just confusing myself. Apologies in advance

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 27961
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 1:57 PM

I didn't follow all of that, and I admit some of it is confusing. Part of that is FL's fault. 

James Taylor:
if the features from 6.12 etc are being called features of L7

It is really semantics. The features may or may not need software changes, but are features released with L5 (like personal books) any less a part of L6? The software engine is an evolution, with little changes along the way. Sometimes major changes happen mid stream. The early L7 engines will likely have more similarities to the later L6 ones, than the later L6 ones have with the early L6 ones. 

James Taylor:
What will L7 contain?

We will have to wait and see! Smile 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 27589
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 2:09 PM

James Taylor:
Maybe I'm just confusing myself.

I think you are Wink Are you confusing "new features" with "features"? The features of L8 = all the retained features of L1-L7 + new features added to L8.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 2:15 PM

I'm pretty sure I understand what will be included when it ships, I just don't think the current numbering description will be helpful. For instance all new features after L6 are call L7 features even though they are released as 6.12 , 6.13 etc. then after day one of L7 they will start naming new  releases 7.1,2,3,4 etc. But are advertising that as early features of 8 etc.

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1844
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 3:01 PM

James Taylor:

I'm pretty sure I understand what will be included when it ships, I just don't think the current numbering description will be helpful. For instance all new features after L6 are call L7 features even though they are released as 6.12 , 6.13 etc. then after day one of L7 they will start naming new  releases 7.1,2,3,4 etc. But are advertising that as early features of 8 etc.

It is potentially confusing. Part of that confusion is the difference between the version of the software/application (the thing you install) and the version of the product/SKU (the thing you purchase). For example, think of the person who is using the Logos 6 engine/application, but owns a Logos 5 base package. Each has its own versioning.

For Logos Now members, the licensable features of version 7 of the product/SKU are released in versions 6.x–7.0 of the software/application. For everyone else they're released with version 7.0 of the application. The fact that a Logos 7 product feature can be used early while still running Logos 6.x doesn't make it a Logos 6 feature. It reinforces that Logos Now grants you early access to Logos 7 features.

If you can get your head around the product/SKU vs. software/application version difference, it starts to make sense.

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 3:39 PM

When are the new features of Logos Now coming out?  I'm talking about programming features. This is my main interest in Logos Now since I have gold and above.  

Posts 1844
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 11 2016 4:28 PM

John Brumett:

When are the new features of Logos Now coming out?  I'm talking about programming features. This is my main interest in Logos Now since I have gold and above.  

We try to release a new version every six weeks. Here's the anticipated release schedule for the rest of the year:

• 8/22
  • 10/3
  • 11/14
  • 12/26
Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 12 2016 7:52 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

For Logos Now members, the licensable features of version 7 of the product/SKU are released in versions 6.x–7.0 of the software/application. For everyone else they're released with version 7.0 of the application. The fact that a Logos 7 product feature can be used early while still running Logos 6.x doesn't make it a Logos 6 feature. It reinforces that Logos Now grants you early access to Logos 7 features.

If you can get your head around the product/SKU vs. software/application version difference, it starts to make sense.

That makes sense, though I feel sorry for the guys that have to sort that all out :-)

Page 4 of 6 (111 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > | RSS