How to reinstall Logos 4?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13
lo1384 | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 4 2010 11:07 AM

I change a hard drive (from 5400rpm to 7200rpm) recently.  After changed, the speed is faster, but some problem showed up.  For example:

1. when I type 'close all' in command line, and hit 'enter', Logos freeze! 

2. If I try to do two passage analysis, it will cause Logos 4 freeze.

I think something wrong during HD changing.  Do I need to reinstall Logos 4?  Or Is there anyway to diagnose my Logos 4?

Thanks!

Andrew

Posts 12
Charles Long | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 12:17 PM

Hi Andrew,

I talked with Tech Support yesterday about this very issue because I have been experiencing it, as well.  We diagnosed it for awhile and discovered that the Passage Guide is supposed to connect to the Logos.com servers, but it wasn't, leaving the program in a crashed state.  We didn't fix it, either, but the tech said she would take my log file and have someone else look into it.  If I hear back, I will post the fix.  I did a ping trace route test and it appears as if the route gets messed up over in Seattle, but I don't know what to do about it.  I'll have to wait until they call me back.  If you get it fixed, will you post the fix here?

Thanks,

Charles

Posts 26256
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 2:52 PM

Yi-ChiangLo:
I change a hard drive (from 5400rpm to 7200rpm) recently.  After changed, the speed is faster, but some problem showed up. 

We need some logs to help diagnose - see http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging and upload as per Uploading Logs

Please state what you have done to cause the freeze with each log, and upload before you restart L4.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 12
Charles Long | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 3:32 PM

Hi Yall, it appears as if my problem is fixed.  I noticed that the links for sermons.logos.com and sermon central are not in the Passage Guide, but I don't really care about that stuff.

Take care,

Charles

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS