Printing all notes in a Note

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 58
Kathy Brasby | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 15 2016 5:45 AM

I want to copy all notes within a Note but am only getting one note selected. (Terminology is challenging here. Within a Note, I have added several individual notes. For example, I have a 1 Peter 1 Note. In that is a note for v 1-4, another for v 5-7, etc.)  My plan is to put those notes into a Word document.

I have Logos 6.13 on a Mac. I used to be able to copy all the notes with a Note but either I've forgotten a step or it's been changed. Ideas would be appreciated. Thank you!

Kathy Brasby

Posts 24295
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:01 AM

Kathy Brasby:
Terminology is challenging here.

The "container" for Notes is a "Notes Document" - and is the object you create / open from the Documents menu. It is often referred to as a Notes File. The individual elements within a Notes Document are Notes.

Kathy Brasby:
I used to be able to copy all the notes with a Note but either I've forgotten a step or it's been changed

Try using the Print / Export function - click the icon at the top-left of the panel and select this from the dropdown menu.

Please let us know if this gives you what you want.

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:02 AM

Kathy Brasby:
it's been changed

It has been changed—that would be a bug/regression, and it is also a problem on Windows. I will file a bug report.

Graham posted while I was testing on the Mac and firing up Parallels to open Windows. I was trying his method, and it still yields a single note, not the entire note file.

Posts 1866
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:05 AM

Make sure that you have "Full" selected in the upper right hand corner of your note. I suspect this is the step you are missing.

Then Print/Export, and you should have all the notes within the note document in the print preview window.

EDIT: I'm on a Mac, so it may not be working correctly on Windows.

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:08 AM
Levi Durfey:
Make sure that you have "Full" selected in the upper right hand corner of your note
Levi Does it work for you? I did select Full, and only got a single note in both Mac and Windows.
Posts 24295
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:12 AM

Jack Caviness:
I did select Full, and only got a single note in both Mac and Windows.

I've just double-checked this and while the complete set of Notes is shown in the Print / Export pane all that is actually exported is the first note.

Apologies for not checking more thoroughly the first time.

Posts 1866
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:18 AM

Jack Caviness:
Levi Durfey:
Make sure that you have "Full" selected in the upper right hand corner of your note
Levi Does it work for you? I did select Full, and only got a single note in both Mac and Windows.

Yes, it's working for me, but I am also on the Logos 6.14 beta, so maybe that's why.

To be clear: 1) I selected "Full" for my note; 2) Print/Export; 3) 49 pages came up on the preview; 4) Copy to Clipboard, Export to RTF, Text, and PDF all yielded all the notes in my notes document.

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:19 AM

Graham Criddle:
I've just double-checked this and while the complete set of Notes is shown in the Print / Export pane all that is actually exported is the first note.

All I got displayed in the Print/Export panel was a single note.

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:22 AM

Levi Durfey:
Yes, it's working for me, but I am also on the Logos 6.14 beta, so maybe that's why.

I initially tried this in 6.14 Beta 4 on Mac OS 10.11.6, and only got a single note. When Windows finishes indexing, I will close out Parallels and try it on the Mac version again.

Were you able to export more than a single note? See Graham's comment above.

I have created a Bug report in the Logos 6 forum.

Posts 1866
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:25 AM

Jack Caviness:
Were you able to export more than a single note?

Correct—I have a PDF, a Text File, and an RTF document on my Desktop with all my notes from my notes document.

I just checked the release notes for the 6.14 betas and found no mention of this bug.

Posts 24295
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:37 AM

I've just tried it on 6.12 SR2 (for some reason I haven't upgraded that system to the current stable release) and it works correctly as expected.

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:47 AM

Graham Criddle:

I've just tried it on 6.12 SR2 (for some reason I haven't upgraded that system to the current stable release) and it works correctly as expected.

Interestingly enough, after Logos Windows finished indexing, it wanted to print all 54 pages of my Acts note file. At least they all showed in the OS Print Preview dialog—I cancelled.

Posts 24295
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:51 AM

And now it's all working correctly for me as well on 6.14 beta

Posts 58
Kathy Brasby | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:53 AM

Graham Criddle:

Try using the Print / Export function - click the icon at the top-left of the panel and select this from the dropdown menu.

Please let us know if this gives you what you want.

Thank you for replying. I have used the Print/Export function but it only grabs the individual note, not all the notes in the Notes Document. I'd like to print all the notes (actually copy but it's the same process.)

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:54 AM

Graham Criddle:

And now it's all working correctly for me as well on 6.14 beta

Don't know what is happening here. Back on Mac 6.14 Beta—Tried Print/Export in Compact Mode and note a full list of all notes in the file. Shifted to Full Mode and exported the entire note file to MS Word. Now, it is working correctly. Wish I knew what I did to correct the problem, so I could advise Kathy, but I have no clue.

Posts 58
Kathy Brasby | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:54 AM

Jack Caviness:

Kathy Brasby:
it's been changed

It has been changed—that would be a bug/regression, and it is also a problem on Windows. I will file a bug report.

Thank you. That's exactly what I am struggling with. Didn't think about it being a bug. I assumed it was something I had forgotten to do.

Posts 58
Kathy Brasby | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 7:57 AM

Thank you for replying. Unfortunately, I did have "full" selected and I still didn't get all the notes.

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 8:06 AM

Kathy Brasby:
I did have "full" selected and I still didn't get all the notes

I am at a loss to explain. Now, all I get is the first note—either in Full or Compact.

Tried some more—one time it will give a single note—then it give them all. I have no idea what is happening.

Posts 58
Kathy Brasby | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 15 2016 8:08 AM

Jack Caviness:

Kathy Brasby:
I did have "full" selected and I still didn't get all the notes

I am at a loss to explain. Now, all I get is the first note—either in Full or Compact.

Tried some more—one time it will give a single note—then it give them all. I have no idea what is happening.

That fits what I've seen, too. Thanks.

Posts 4
Marshall Benbow | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 7 2017 10:41 AM

The key is that you cannot have selected a particular note. Select "Full" and then put your cursor on the note's title and click so that no notes in the list are selected. Then you should be able to export all of them at once. 

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS