What's Included in Logos 7

Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 42 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 2069
LogosEmployee

I might be able to help with some of your confusion, Mike.

Mike Binks:

Type the three resources (or similar) into the top bar. Note NO spaces.

There are very good odds that this does not do what you want it to do. When you type something, the list of displayed items gets filtered using a simple text match against the title and abbreviated title shown in the list. Just type "NIV" and then check the one you want to use. Then replace "NIV" with "ESV" and check the one you want to use. Then replace "ESV" with "NLT" and check the one you want to use.

The "# resourcess with..." item is used if you just want to select all items that are a result of a library search (such as you might use in the Library panel). This is usually overkill, particularly if you don't plan on using the results "as-is".

At this point you can click outside the popup to allow the the Text Comparison to update, and you are done. You don't need to do anything else.

You don't need to use "Save" unless you think you might want to select the list again, and don't want to have to reenter it.

Mike Binks:

... where is says either 'Saved' or 'Recent' and double click on one of the lines.

No need to double click to load a saved or recent item. Just single click will do. In fact, double clicking will sometimes mess things up if the number of selected items changes, as your second click may register on a different item than your first click, causing that to load instead of the one you wanted.

I hope this helps make the selector easier for you to use.

Posts 4624
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 3 2018 12:27 AM

Thanks for the tutorial Andrew - it is indeed helpful.

The authors of the help file might like to consider the confusion that I got into by reviewing the line...

3. Click into the Resources box and choose the Bibles you want to compare.
You can type a list of Bible abbreviations with commas between each (i.e., NASB95, NIV, ESV, KJV).

Logos Help. (2016). Bellingham, WA: Faithlife.

Your explanation is clear. I consider, in the light of your explanation, the second sentence to be misleading at best.

A link in the help file to the training video would be very useful here.

Posts 2069
LogosEmployee

Mike Binks:

Thanks for the tutorial Andrew - it is indeed helpful.

The authors of the help file might like to consider the confusion that I got into by reviewing the line...

3. Click into the Resources box and choose the Bibles you want to compare.
You can type a list of Bible abbreviations with commas between each (i.e., NASB95, NIV, ESV, KJV).

Logos Help. (2016). Bellingham, WA: Faithlife.

Your explanation is clear. I consider, in the light of your explanation, the second sentence to be misleading at best.

A link in the help file to the training video would be very useful here.

Ah... looks like we neglected to get the help file updated when we replaced the resource selector. Thanks for letting us know. We'll get it fixed up.

Page 3 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS