August 22nd Special LOGOS Event . . .What could it be?

Page 2 of 9 (177 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป
This post has 176 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 1966
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 3:08 PM

Randy W. Sims:

Michael Sullivan:

The release of Logos 7?  I always thought that this happened October/November, but the reference to "new Logos products" instead of "new Faithlife products" has me wondering.   (Especially since the url has "logos 7 promo" in it)

It could still be the October date. Many companies release trailers, info, demos ahead of product launch to create buzz and get people excited and to prepare their wallets/purses. And Phil just said in another thread that Logos 6.14 releases Monday. OTOH, this link https://www.logos.com/7 was getting the Lost Sheep when I tried a few days ago, now it points to an empty template. It could go either way, but it's definitely either 8/22 or 10/3.

Also note that the page has Logos 7 in the top corner:

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 6327
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 3:09 PM

It says new PRODUCT demos. Product is singular in the ad not plural -- so it might just be L7's release and FL just wants to pull off an a la Apple release broadcast or just announce when the new product will be released. 

DAL

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 3:26 PM

Joseph Turner:
If I'm not mistaken, the release of L5.14 coincided with the L6 release.

Logos wiki => Mac Release Notes and History shows 5.2B was followed by 6.0

Faithlife maintains wiki pages =>Logos 6 Release Notes (Starts with 6.0 stable on Mon 27 Oct 2014) and => Logos 5 Release Notes (5.2B SR-8 release on Wed 12 Nov 2014)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 87
Michael Sullivan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 3:45 PM

Below is what my Logos homepage says about the event. 

Live Special Event on August 22

My Logos Messages

Join us on Monday from 8 a.m. to noon for live interviews with Logos experts demonstrating how the entire Faithlife Platform works together. Also, watch as the Logos Pro team demos new products to help you grow in the light of the Bible.

Posts 1966
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 4:29 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Joseph Turner:
If I'm not mistaken, the release of L5.14 coincided with the L6 release.

Logos wiki => Mac Release Notes and History shows 5.2B was followed by 6.0

Faithlife maintains wiki pages =>Logos 6 Release Notes (Starts with 6.0 stable on Mon 27 Oct 2014) and => Logos 5 Release Notes (5.2B SR-8 release on Wed 12 Nov 2014)

Keep Smiling Smile

I don't know what I was thinking.  I thought someone said something to that effect recently.  I still think L7 will release on Monday!

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 5:53 PM

John Brumett:

I hope logos 7 has some surprises for Logos Now users and not simply all the stuff that Logos Now Users have.  I know that Logos Now Users will get some additional things but I'm hoping that Logos 7 itself will have some additional features not revealed in Logos Now up to this point.       

Logos Now => https://www.logos.com/now was recently updated. Mon 8 Aug => The Logos Now Membership Program is here!

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 939
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 6:40 PM

Joseph Turner:

My bad, it was in this thread that he made that statement, and the one posted above referenced the cycle dates.

I'm seeing 4 possible release dates based on this post.  You are thinking it's Monday?

Posts 939
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 6:45 PM

Can we "tune in" on Faithlife TV?  I'd love to be able watch on my AppleTV.

Posts 5
LogosEmployee
Reuben Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 6:57 PM

Yes, the stream will be live on the Faithlife TV app as well.

Posts 1418
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 7:12 PM

Lol, it's definitely Logos 7. See the link title: https://faithlife.com/logos-bible-software/activity?m2wutm_source=logos&utm_medium=appmessage&utm_content=9367-live-event&utm_campaign=promo-logos7

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1966
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 7:15 PM

Steve:

Joseph Turner:

My bad, it was in this thread that he made that statement, and the one posted above referenced the cycle dates.

I'm seeing 4 possible release dates based on this post.  You are thinking it's Monday?

If you look at those three or so threads from last week, and then add the information discussed in this thread, it would seem that L7 will be released on Monday.

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 7:39 PM

It would be wonderful if L7 is released.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1210
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 8:27 PM

Wild Eagle:

Lol, it's definitely Logos 7. See the link title: https://faithlife.com/logos-bible-software/activity?m2wutm_source=logos&utm_medium=appmessage&utm_content=9367-live-event&utm_campaign=promo-logos7

Your right......excited!!!

Posts 1825
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 8:44 PM

I'm assuming almost every employees at Logos are in house right now with their Starbucks preppin' everything to go smooth on Monday..

*show us a pix how hard y'all workin' right now! Beer

Posts 26303
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 9:00 PM

From the L6 release - second latte run:

(just kidding ... but we needed some barista art).

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 9:09 PM
Where do we go to watch the event?
Posts 6327
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 9:23 PM

Mattillo:

You can go home, the office, the park...pretty much anywhere you want, just sign up, join the group and follow the link provided: 

https://faithlife.com/logos-bible-software/activity?m2wutm_source=logos&utm_medium=appmessage&utm_content=9367-live-event&utm_campaign=promo-logos7

๐Ÿ˜œ

DAL

Posts 26303
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 9:28 PM

Until Monday it may look like this ... pretty boring

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2290
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 11:26 PM

https://www.logos.com/7

Last week, this page had a 404 error message. Now it's an empty frame.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 3160
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 21 2016 4:29 AM

DAL:

Mattillo:

You can go home, the office, the park...pretty much anywhere you want, just sign up, join the group and follow the link provided: 

https://faithlife.com/logos-bible-software/activity?m2wutm_source=logos&utm_medium=appmessage&utm_content=9367-live-event&utm_campaign=promo-logos7

๐Ÿ˜œ

DAL

Good point! I went to the group on my phone and clicked follow but I don't see anywhere to go to sign up or a link to click on to go on 8/22. Am I missing something or do I need to hop on a computer? 

Page 2 of 9 (177 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS