Proclaim repeatedly crashing after latest update

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13
Rich Sclafani | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 20 2016 8:51 AM

I updated Proclaim on Thursday and have been unable to do anything in the program since as it is repeatedly crashing.  I get through login, update licenses, syncing, etc. Main window opens, program crashes. I'm running OS X 10.11.6, and I've tried it on three different machines (2010 Macbook pro, 2015 macbook air, 2012 iMac, all running OS X 10.11.6) and have had the same results.  I emailed support and got some fairly unhelpful information ("make sure your OS is up to date and go look in the forums!"), and no further correspondence. Being that it's now Saturday, what are my options for making this work for our services tomorrow? 

Posts 22076
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 9:26 AM

There was a fix to a crash (on Windows) shipped on Thursday as per https://community.logos.com/forums/p/129107/839169.aspx#839169 

I think this was version 1.35.0.0145. Are you able to check you have this version?

If so please upload logs after a crash - details of how to do this are at https://community.logos.com/forums/t/39446.aspx 

Posts 144
LogosEmployee
Christian Villapando | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 9:32 AM

Hello Rich,

Thank you very much for reporting your crashing experience. 

We are investigating this problem right now as we speak. 

Please be patient while we look into this.

Posts 13
Rich Sclafani | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 10:09 AM

Thanks Graham. It is version 1.35.145.  I'll upload a log shortly. 

Posts 13
Rich Sclafani | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 10:10 AM

Thanks Christian.  As per Graham's post above, I'll get a log uploaded to this thread shortly. 

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 10:14 AM

Shouldn't be any need, Rich, you're fixed up.

Posts 13
Rich Sclafani | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 10:21 AM
so far so good. Thanks for the quick help, and apologies if my initial post came off sounding a bit more frustrated than it needed to!
Posts 3501
LogosEmployee
Scott Alexander | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 10:31 AM

Rich Sclafani:
so far so good. Thanks for the quick help, and apologies if my initial post came off sounding a bit more frustrated than it needed to!

I completely understand any frustration this caused you. Sunday is coming! Smile Sorry we didn't get this resolved sooner and we're definitely working to prevent this in the future!

Just so you know the item that was causing the issue is shown in the image below. Something to do with the blank line before the text and the drop shadow effect in use. We'll get to the bottom of this ASAP.

Posts 13
Rich Sclafani | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 10:33 AM

huh that's weird.  that slide has been in our presentations off and on for a long time.  

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 11:39 AM

Out of curiosity, did you edit it at all before adding it into your most recent presentation? I'm wondering what triggered this.

Posts 13
Rich Sclafani | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 11:57 AM

nope no edit at all, at least intentionally. I updated to the most recent version, then duplicated my previous week's presentation and went to change the date to tomorrow, then crash. That was as far as I had gotten. Sometimes I'd get that far, other times it'd crash as soon as the main window opened. 

Posts 716
LogosEmployee
Peter June | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 20 2016 12:34 PM

Thanks for all the info!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS