New Feature: Courses Tool

Page 1 of 6 (110 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 109 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 249
LogosEmployee
Jacob Cerone | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 20 2016 4:20 PM

The Courses Tool is designed to be a planning tool for structuring your study of certain books or topics. Like reading plans, learning plans help you systematically work through content. Select from one of our pre-built learning plans an area you'd like to learn more about and the pace you'd like to go through the content. The Courses Tool generates a learning schedule, allows you to read the selections within the tool itself, and then tracks your progress.

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 1:18 AM

Jacob, what Kind of Cources do I need to use it? My Logos Now Cources are not there

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 1:25 AM

Sascha John:

Jacob, what Kind of Cources do I need to use it? My Logos Now Cources are not there

Have you finished indexing? Most if not all should be there? What is the name of the course?

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 1:47 AM

Lynden I thought Logos was finished...but it start downloading more and more :-) and after that it index again, so I gues I wait till this afternoon

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 1:52 AM

Mine is showing 132 courses. Even though I do not own most of them.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 1:54 AM

OK I'm waiting :-)

Posts 13343
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 1:57 AM

Lynden Williams:

I have 213 - mostly MobileEd courses that I don't own!

Posts 4912
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 3:11 AM

Mark Barnes:

Lynden Williams:

I have 213 - mostly MobileEd courses that I don't own!

I see 213 Courses also.  Its a mix of m.Ed courses and 'Reading Plans' based on books in that may or may not be in your library.  Some of these non-m.Ed 'Courses/Reading Plans' provide introductions to figures in Church History, books of the bible, topics in Theology or Biblical Figures ( I see one created by Graham Criddle on the file of Abraham].

I like what has been done with this tool Yes

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 6:47 AM

Perhaps its too early to know, but is this tool going to be curated and maintained by Faithlife? Or is this tool something that would enable churches to create their own courses?

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 6:51 AM

Jonathan:

Perhaps its too early to know, but is this tool going to be curated and maintained by Faithlife? Or is this tool something that would enable churches to create their own courses?

I am hoping for both.

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 7:09 AM

Lynden Williams:

Jonathan:

I am hoping for both.

Yes

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 2851
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 7:14 AM

Yes all there

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 7:16 AM

Fully updated and indexed but none of my courses are showing in the Courses tool:

Posts 548
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 7:44 AM

lost my bookmarks, kind of.  I had several bookmarks that pointed to courses that I was in process. Now they don't open.  if I browse to them, it has lost "tracking" what I have completed. when I open a course in Courses that I have completed, it does not show that, and makes me start again.  If I open a completed course from the library, it does go to the "last" location (end/final exam), but has no tracking of the sections being completed.

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 7:51 AM

Mine is showing 224. I was thinking of Mobile Ed courses only. Yasmin, are you sure that you are fully indexed?

Posts 548
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:41 AM

mine shows 207 "available" courses - some that I do not own. :(

edited by: Brent Hoefling at 8:46 AM (GMT -8) on Mon, Aug 22 2016]
edit: I may have been mistaken about ones i don't own. i started going through them and it seems I do (so far)

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 8:49 AM

Lynden Williams:

Yasmin, are you sure that you are fully indexed?

Yes, I am. No idea what's going on.

Posts 244
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:34 AM

Yasmin Stephen:
Fully updated and indexed but none of my courses are showing in the Courses tool:

I believe courses are only updated when you first launch the app. It might be that you need to restart the application one more time for them to show up.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 9:41 AM

Ryan Gano:

Yasmin Stephen:

I believe courses are only updated when you first launch the app. It might be that you need to restart the application one more time for them to show up.

I've restarted the app more than once, and same result - nothing in the Courses tool.

Posts 63
Markus Schiller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:46 AM

Same here

Page 1 of 6 (110 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS