Have I received all of the Calvin 500 Collection?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 90
Steve Nicholson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 4 2010 9:31 PM

I have downloaded the Calvin 500 Collection ordered on pre-pub but my total resources have not risen by the advertised 108 volumes. I did not own a thing of Calvin's before the download but the total number of books in my Logos 4 Library only went up by 72. Has anyone experienced this too? It is a big task cross checking which volumes are missing. Any suggestions?

Posts 89
Stephen DeKuyper | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 4 2010 10:48 PM

I noticed the same thing. I am not sure if this is the answer, but when I checked, I noticed that some of the resources are listed in my library as 1 resource, but are multiple resources on the product page. e.g. commentary on Psalms is 1 volume in my library, but 5 volumes on the product page. I didn't add them all up, but looking at it, it seems to me that there are definitely enough multi-volume products that it could add up to the difference.

Stephen

Posts 1084
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 12:01 AM

Mine went up by 75 resources.

I rate ALL my resources at 2, which I then change to between 1 and 5 as I work with them.

New resource downloads are easy to identify since they will be the only ones with a rating of zero.

I then tag these new resources with something like '#123456 Calvin 500' where the number relates to the Logos.com order number. Again, this makes it easy.

The 75 resources that I received were:

A defence of modern calvanism: Containing an Examination of The Bishop of Lincoln's Work, entitled a Refutation of Calvinism
A tragedy of the reformation: being the authentic narrative of the history and burning of the "Christianismi restitutio," 1553, with a succinct account of the theological controversy between Michael Servetus, its author, and the reformer, John Calvin.
Arminianism v. Hyper-Calvinism
Calvin and his enemies: A memoir of the life, character, and principles of Calvin.
Calvin and Servetus : the reformer's share in the trial of Michael Servetus
Calvin and the Reformation.
Calvin and the Swiss reformation.
Calvin in His Letters
Calvin memorial addresses
Calvin on scripture and divine sovereignty
Calvin: Commentaries
Calvin: Theological Treatises
Calvinism and Modern Thought
Calvinism in history.
Calvinism Popularized
Calvinism: An Address Delivered at St. Andrew's
Calvin's Aphorisms and Letter to Francis the First: In Defense of the Reformation
Calvin's Calvinism: A Defence of the Secret Providence of God
Calvin's Calvinism: A Treatise on the Eternal Predestination of God
Calvin's Commentaries: Commentaries on the Book of the Prophet Ezekiel
Calvin's Commentaries: Commentaries on the Epistles to Timothy, Titus, and Philemon
Calvin's Commentaries: Commentary on the Book of the Prophet Isaiah, Volume I-IV
Calvin's Commentaries: Commentary on the Epistles of Paul the Apostle to the Corinthians, Volume I and II
Calvin's Commentaries: Commentary on the First Book of Moses Called Genesis
Calvin's Commentaries: Commentary on the Gospel According to John, Volume I and II
Calvin's doctrine of predestination.
Calvin's doctrine of the Word and sacrament.
Christ the End of the Law: Being the Preface to the Geneva Bible of 1550
Church and state in Luther and Calvin: A Comparative Study
College Days of Calvin
Commentaries on the Catholic Epistles
Commentaries on the Epistles of Paul the Apostle to the Philippians, Colossians, and Thessalonians
Commentaries on the Epistles of Paul to the Galatians and Ephesians
Commentaries on The Four Last Books of Moses Arranged in the Form of A Harmony
Commentaries on the Prophet Jeremiah and the Lamentations, Volume I-V
Commentaries on the Twelve Minor Prophets
Commentary on a Harmony of the Evangelists, Matthew, Mark, and Luke
Commentary on the Book of Joshua
Commentary on the Book of Psalms
Commentary on the Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Hebrews
Commentary on the Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Romans
Commentary on the Prophet Daniel
Commentary upon the Acts of the Apostles
Institutes of the Christian religion
Institutes of the Christian religion
Institutio Christianae religionis
Institution de la Religion Chrétienne
John Calvin and The Genevan Reformation: A Sketch.
John Calvin and the influence of Protestantism on national life and character
John Calvin: a study in French humanism
John Calvin: His Life, His Teaching, and His Influence
John Calvin: His Life, Letters, and Work
John Calvin: The Man and His Work
John Calvin: The Organizer of the Protestant Reformation
John Calvin: The Statesman
John Calvin: Theologian, Preacher, Educator Statesman
Letters of John Calvin. Vol. I-IV
Memoirs of the Life and Writings of John Calvin
Servetus and Calvin: a study of an important epoch in the early history of the reformation
The Early Years of John Calvin; M'Crie, Thomas
The Essential Calvinism
The five points of Calvinism.
The Five Points of Calvinism: Defined, Defended and Documented
The Institution of the Christian Religion
The Life and Times of John Calvin, the Great Reformer Volume 1
The Life and Times of John Calvin, the Great Reformer Volume 2
The Life of John Calvin
The theology of Calvin.
The true Scripture doctrine concerning some important points of Christian faith: particularly, eternal election, original sin, grace in conversion, justification by faith, and the saints' perseverance
Three addresses delivered by professors in Union theological seminary at a service in commemoration of the Four Hundredth anniversary of the birth of John Calvin: In the Adams Chapel on Monday evening, the Third of May, Nineteen Hundred and Nine
Tracts Relating to the Reformation, Volume 1
Tracts Relating to the Reformation, Volume 2
Tracts Relating to the Reformation, Volume 3
What Calvinism has done for America
What is Calvinism? or, The confession of faith, in harmony with the Bible and common sense, in a series of dialogues between a Presbyterian minister and a young convert

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 1084
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 12:43 AM

A better list, with authors:

Title Author 1 Author 2 Author 3
Calvinism and Modern Thought Beattie, Francis, Ph.D., D.D., LL.D.    
Memoirs of the Life and Writings of John Calvin Mackenzie, John Beza, Theodore  
College Days of Calvin Blackburn, Wm. M.    
Letters of John Calvin. Vol. I-IV Bonnet, Jules, Dr.    
John Calvin: a study in French humanism McNeill, John T. Breen, Quirinus  
Christ the End of the Law: Being the Preface to the Geneva Bible of 1550 Calvin, John    
Institutio Christianae religionis Calvin, John    
Institution de la Religion Chrétienne Calvin, John    
Institutes of the Christian religion Allen, John Calvin, John  
Commentary on the Book of Psalms Anderson, James Calvin, John  
Tracts Relating to the Reformation, Volume 3 Beveridge, Hendry Calvin, John  
Tracts Relating to the Reformation, Volume 2 Beveridge, Henry Calvin, John  
Commentary on the Book of Joshua Beveridge, Henry Calvin, John  
Commentary upon the Acts of the Apostles Beveridge, Henry Calvin, John  
Institutes of the Christian religion Beveridge, Henry Calvin, John  
Tracts Relating to the Reformation, Volume 1 Beveridge, Hendry Beza, Theodore Calvin, John
Commentaries on The Four Last Books of Moses Arranged in the Form of A Harmony Bingham, Charles William Calvin, John  
Calvin's Calvinism: A Treatise on the Eternal Predestination of God Cole, Hendry H. Calvin, John  
Calvin's Calvinism: A Defence of the Secret Providence of God Cole, Henry Calvin, John  
Calvin's Commentaries: Commentary on the First Book of Moses Called Genesis King, John Calvin, John  
Calvin's Commentaries: Commentaries on the Book of the Prophet Ezekiel Myers, Thomas Calvin, John  
Commentary on the Prophet Daniel Myers, Thomas Calvin, John  
The Institution of the Christian Religion Norton, Thomas Calvin, John  
Commentaries on the Prophet Jeremiah and the Lamentations, Volume I-V Owen, John Calvin, John  
Commentaries on the Twelve Minor Prophets Owen, John Calvin, John  
Commentaries on the Catholic Epistles Owen, John Calvin, John  
Commentary on the Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Hebrews Owen, John Calvin, John  
Commentary on the Epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Romans Owen, John Calvin, John  
Calvin's Commentaries: Commentary on the Epistles of Paul the Apostle to the Corinthians, Volume I and II Pringle, John Calvin, John  
Commentaries on the Epistles of Paul the Apostle to the Philippians, Colossians, and Thessalonians Pringle, John Calvin, John  
Calvin's Commentaries: Commentaries on the Epistles to Timothy, Titus, and Philemon Pringle, William Calvin, John  
Calvin's Commentaries: Commentary on the Gospel According to John, Volume I and II Pringle, William Calvin, John  
Calvin's Commentaries: Commentary on the Book of the Prophet Isaiah, Volume I-IV Pringle, William Calvin, John  
Commentaries on the Epistles of Paul to the Galatians and Ephesians Pringle, William Calvin, John  
Commentary on a Harmony of the Evangelists, Matthew, Mark, and Luke Pringle, William Calvin, John  
Arminianism v. Hyper-Calvinism Cozens, Samuel    
A tragedy of the reformation: being the authentic narrative of the history and burning of the "Christianismi restitutio," 1553, with a succinct account of the theological controversy between Michael Servetus, its author, and the reformer, John Calvin. Cuthbertson, David    
The five points of Calvinism. Dabney, Robert, L., D.D.    
John Calvin and the influence of Protestantism on national life and character Lamont, Daniel, M.A., D.D. Rev Davies, Alfred, T., K.B.E., C.B. Sir  
The true Scripture doctrine concerning some important points of Christian faith: particularly, eternal election, original sin, grace in conversion, justification by faith, and the saints' perseverance Dickinson, Jonathan, A.M.    
The Life of John Calvin Dyer, Thomas H.    
Calvinism: An Address Delivered at St. Andrew's Froude, James Anthony    
Calvin: Commentaries Smith, Louise Pettibone Haroutunian, Joseph  
Calvin in His Letters Henderson, Henry    
The Life and Times of John Calvin, the Great Reformer Volume 1 Stebbing, Henry Henry, Paul  
The Life and Times of John Calvin, the Great Reformer Volume 2 Stebbing, Henry Henry, Paul  
John Calvin: The Man and His Work Irwin, C. H.    
John Calvin and The Genevan Reformation: A Sketch. Johnson, Thomas Cary    
Calvin's doctrine of predestination. Klooster, Fred, H.    
Calvinism Popularized Long, H. A.    
Calvin and the Reformation. Mackinnon, James, Ph.D., D.D., D.Th., LL.D.    
Calvinism in history. McFetridge, N. S.    
The Early Years of John Calvin; M'Crie, Thomas Ferguson, William M'Crie, Thomas  
What Calvinism has done for America Monsma, John Clover    
Church and state in Luther and Calvin: A Comparative Study Mueller, William, A.    
Calvin on scripture and divine sovereignty Murray, John    
The theology of Calvin. Knight, Harold Niesel, Wilhelm  
Calvin memorial addresses Presbyterian Committee of Publication    
Calvin: Theological Treatises Reid, J. K. S.    
John Calvin: His Life, Letters, and Work Reyburn, Hugh Y.    
Three addresses delivered by professors in Union theological seminary at a service in commemoration of the Four Hundredth anniversary of the birth of John Calvin: In the Adams Chapel on Monday evening, the Third of May, Nineteen Hundred and Nine Hall, Thomas Cuming Brown, William Adams Rockwell, William Walker
Calvin and the Swiss reformation. Scott, John, M.A.    
What is Calvinism? or, The confession of faith, in harmony with the Bible and common sense, in a series of dialogues between a Presbyterian minister and a young convert Smith, William D, D.D.    
Calvin and his enemies: A memoir of the life, character, and principles of Calvin. Smyth, Thomas    
The Five Points of Calvinism: Defined, Defended and Documented Nicole, Roger Thomas, Curtis C. Steele, David N.
John Calvin: The Statesman Stevenson, Richard Taylor    
The Essential Calvinism Strong, Selden J.    
Calvin and Servetus : the reformer's share in the trial of Michael Servetus Tweedie, W.K.    
Calvin's Aphorisms and Letter to Francis the First: In Defense of the Reformation Various Authors    
John Calvin: Theologian, Preacher, Educator Statesman Roberts, W. H. Good, J. I. Vollmer, Philip
John Calvin: The Organizer of the Protestant Reformation Walker, Williston    
Calvin's doctrine of the Word and sacrament. Wallace, Ronald S., M.A., B.Sc    
John Calvin: His Life, His Teaching, and His Influence Wileman, William    
A defence of modern calvanism: Containing an Examination of The Bishop of Lincoln's Work, entitled a Refutation of Calvinism Williams, Edward    
Servetus and Calvin: a study of an important epoch in the early history of the reformation Willis, R., M.D.    

Posts 90
Steve Nicholson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 5 2010 8:47 PM

Thanks for the hard work you have put in here. I take it then that this is a complete list of the Calvin 500 Collection?

Posts 1084
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2010 12:23 AM

Steve Nicholson:
Thanks for the hard work you have put in here.

Not mine ... Logos. This is the fruits of the bibliography features in the beta. All I did was use Excel to re-purpose it.

Steve Nicholson:
I take it then that this is a complete list of the Calvin 500 Collection?

On a similar thread, it ws suggested that 75 was about right but I have not tried to reconcile my list with the product page.

Logos  themselves have not confirmed this, but then I think that they are a little too busy for that, and I would not expect them to. Their track record on this sort of thing is generally excellent.

On top of that there was a flurry of reports over the first weekend about missing downloads, crashing resources and indexing problems relating to the 500 collection. I would have expected the resource package to have been checked in-house. Personally, I do not have any concerns at the moment and am happy that it is all there.

Regards

Martin.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS