John Kight | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:46 AM

Please...Yes

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1221
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:46 AM

Yes

Posts 787
James Hiddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:55 AM

I want to know what these base packages look like as well as how much the feature package is?

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:58 AM

James Hiddle:

I want to know what these base packages look like as well as how much the feature package is?

Plan for late this evening or tomorrow, if you do not want to call.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1564
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:02 AM

Lynden Williams:
late this evening or tomorrow

I really hope that is not the case. You would think that better preparation would have implemented given past experience.    

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 128
Russel Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:08 AM

I'm able to check out the base packages now.

Posts 2825
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:09 AM

Aless than impressive launch for Logos 7; however, I suspect the software is better planned than the launch.

Without the packages and the upgrade costs available, I will do some more consideration of my finances and evaluation of my needs to determine if I really need to upgrade or not.  It is going to be a tougher decision as payment plans require more down payment than the last upgrade.

On top of that, I am pretty turned off by the monthly membership model that Logos is pushing.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:11 AM

Michael Childs:

Aless than impressive launch for Logos 7; however, I suspect the software is better planned than the launch.

Probably a case of greater demand than the server/bandwidth upgrade. You plan for x users on launch day and end up with y users. Not to mention all of those Logos Now users who are in the process of upgrading.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:19 AM

Site is back up. Comparing Base packages seem to be the problem as it goes back to an infomercial page.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:19 AM

Not only is the website [for all intents and purposes] down, the Status Page is useless as well. According to it, Logos.com is Operational, although with Degraded Performance. Being able to see one page isn't my idea of Operational... And all they claim to be doing is Monitoring... I would certainly hope they are doing a lot more than that right now! 

We are also supposed to get regular status e-mails when there are issues. The one and only e-mail arrived a couple of minutes ago, looong after today's problems started. And again, only said Monitoring. If you can't keep the website up, at least keep the Status Page updated, so that we can get some kind of information! Otherwise, what use is it?

And Verbum.com doesn't even show on the Status Page! Angry

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1978
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:22 AM

It seems to be working fine with the exception of the comparison feature.  I have been browsing base packages for about 20 minutes with few issues.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1705
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:31 AM

Joseph Turner:
It seems to be working fine with the exception of the comparison feature.  I have been browsing base packages for about 20 minutes with few issues.

Joseph: What did you click? Everything I click leads back the the logos.com/7 page or to a phone number page.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:33 AM

Michael Childs:

On top of that, I am pretty turned off by the monthly membership model that Logos is pushing.

Monthly payment mode is no longer available, it's now annual. Pre-existing monthly subscriptions will only run to the end of 2016, and come January 2017, it'll be annual only. (https://community.logos.com/forums/p/128695/836465.aspx#836465)

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:35 AM

Robert M. Warren:
Joseph: What did you click? Everything I click leads back the the logos.com/7 page or to a phone number page.

While your're waiting for the compare page to come back up, here's some individual product URLs that allow you to do a "New to You" on individual packages (if the page loads, which it's currently doing about half the time for me):

If you're looking for a denominational package, here are links to all the Bronze versions. You can get to the product pages for the other ones from there:

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:35 AM

Robert M. Warren:
What did you click?

Suggest searching products for a base package name: e,g, Silver, Gold, Diamond, Portfolio, Collector's

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1705
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:45 AM

Thanks.

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 1978
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:49 AM

Robert M. Warren:

Joseph Turner:

If you go to the top menus and hover over "Store," and then click "View Logos 7 Base Packages."  Once you get there, you need to click the following ribbon that will pop up at the bottom:

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:53 AM

The team is working hard on this. We're really sorry.

We had web site issues at previous releases, and tried hard to make sure that wouldn't happen this time, but the server load is crushing. In theory we could have scaled up our systems, but this is a 'once every couple years' problem, and the load doesn't just double, it increases by 20-40x normal, or more. It could cost a _fortune_ to build everything out just for those couple days....

We did try to plan around it, but dynamic pricing prevents us from using static content -- we have to do a lot of database queries to build custom pricing that reflects your library, etc. and that puts load on everything. (Temporarily scaling up simple web pages would be easy and something we could contract out, but almost every page people want to look at during an upgrade cycle involves many queries against license and purchase databases distributed over many systems.)

Sorry! We want it up even more than you do! :-)

-- Bob

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:58 AM

(Using my Progressive Insurance Lady Voice) Hang in there Bob, we will help you get through this.

Posts 948
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:11 PM

I think there may some glitches in the "New To You" logic, at least in the Verbum base packages.  I'm seeing papal encyclicals listed as new that link back to a resource set I already own.

Is anyone experiencing similar items being displayed that you already own?

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS