Do I own the Features or Not?

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1561
John Kight | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:53 AM

I'm and Now Member who just purchases a Logos 7 base package. I know that the features are included in the Now Membership, but the verbiage is making me question this. Did I purchase a library only or a library w/ features (e.g. datasets, interactives, etc.)

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 27546
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:01 PM

My understanding is "no." An additional purchase would be required to "own" them. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:06 PM

Since you already have access to the features/datasets etc with Logos Now, I would've thought that you bought a library only.

Posts 1561
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:08 PM

Yeah, I'm confused because it states that it's "included" in base package, but then its asterisked that its "included" with the Now Membership. 

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:12 PM

... but you do retain access to them as long as your Logos Now membership remains active.

Posts 1561
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:14 PM

Eli Evans:

... but you do retain access to them as long as your Logos Now membership remains active.

If I dont own them, then why does it state they are included int he "base package" I purchased? That just seems confusing. 

Posts 791
LogosEmployee
Eli Evans (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:15 PM

Sorry, forgot to type: The wording is definitely confusing, and I've alerted the web store team about that.

Posts 1561
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:16 PM

If the base package I purchased doesnt include the Feature Set, why does it state that it is "included in THIS base package"? 

Posts 144
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:25 PM

I read that "Logos 7 full feature set is available Bronze and above" and bought Silver. Then realized it did not give ownership to the feature set which was waht I originally wanted. This was definitley not the experience I was looking for. Now I additionally paid for the full feature set. Logos gains!

Posts 1561
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:28 PM

Peter Lever:

I read that "Logos 7 full feature set is available Bronze and above" and bought Silver. Then realized it did not give ownership to the feature set which was waht I originally wanted. This was definitley not the exepreinece I was looking for.

Same here, but with Diamond. Now I have to call and return the purchase to make a separate purchase to add the feature set... Confused  

Posts 1561
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:28 PM

Peter Lever:

I read that "Logos 7 full feature set is available Bronze and above" and bought Silver. Then realized it did not give ownership to the feature set which was waht I originally wanted. This was definitley not the exepreinece I was looking for.

Same here, but with Diamond. Now I have to call and return the purchase to make a separate purchase to add the feature set... Confused  

Posts 228
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:32 PM

OK so now I'm confused.

My understanding is that as a Logos Now user I have full access to all features, so I'm confused as to why I would want to but them?

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:34 PM

Graham Owen:

OK so now I'm confused.

My understanding is that as a Logos Now user I have full access to all features, so I'm confused as to why I would want to but them?

You would only buy, if you plan to drop the subscription. No subscription no features. Buy the features and you have them for life.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 144
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:34 PM

I wanted to buy, not have as part of Logos Now.

Posts 7982
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:36 PM

See Glenn's post here for a description of how Libraries and Feature Sets relate: https://community.logos.com/forums/p/129215/840409.aspx#840409 

Posts 129
Tim Farley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:38 PM

This is very confusing. At the bottom of each product page there is a heading stating "Feature Set Resources You'll Get". I click on "new to you" and there is a list of all of the new L7 features. If they are not included in the base packages, why are they listed as if they are?

Posts 144
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:38 PM

I do not understand why the statement "Include full feature set" is shown against the package when it does not actually include as part of package but only as part of Logos Now or Full Purchase

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:39 PM

Tim Farley:

This is very confusing. At the bottom of each product page there is a heading stating "Feature Set Resources You'll Get". I click on "new to you" and there is a list of all of the new L7 features. If they are not included in the base packages, why are they listed as if they are?

See this thread for clarification. https://community.logos.com/forums/p/129215/840409.aspx#840409

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1810
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:41 PM

Graham Owen:

My understanding is that as a Logos Now user I have full access to all features . . .

That's correct.

Graham Owen:
so I'm confused as to why I would want to buy them?

Buying a feature set won't get you anything you don't have access to via Logos Now. But if you end up deciding you don't want Logos Now, owning the feature set would ensure that you don't lose access to those features. Those who are passionate about ownership or unsure how long they'll be Now members will probably consider purchasing a feature set.

Posts 1810
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 12:44 PM

Tim Farley:
If they are not included in the base packages, why are they listed as if they are?

A base package is the pairing of a library and a feature set. The only difference between Logos 6 and Logos 7 is that the two parts are now separable. So a base package does include the features. You can buy a library without a feature set or feature set without a library.

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS