SineNomine:
Our patience will be worth it.

Yes

Pastor Glenn Crouch
St Paul's Lutheran Church
Kalgoorlie-Boulder, Western Australia

Posts 638
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 25 2016 8:11 PM

Topical bundles have not been a priority as demonstrated by their actions. While topical bundles are a priority for many of their customers, Logos will get them out based on their priorities. Logos is a business with a monopoly in their sector. If they had a strong competitor offering topical bundles things would be different.

Posts 665
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2016 2:29 AM

Into Grace:

Topical bundles have not been a priority as demonstrated by their actions. While topical bundles are a priority for many of their customers, Logos will get them out based on their priorities. Logos is a business with a monopoly in their sector. If they had a strong competitor offering topical bundles things would be different.

To be fair, you can still buy the copious range of Logos 6 bundles. I appreciate that updates are nice for people who already own those, but it's not like there are no options. And they have confirmed that they're working on new bundles. And we don't know that it's Faithlife holding things up or being slow - it might well be an issue with one or more of the publishers or... well, any number of things. 

Posts 3037
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2016 2:41 AM

James McAdams:

To be fair, you can still buy the copious range of Logos 6 bundles.

L7 bundles will be discounted (if you purchased an L7 library), L6 bundles aren't.

Posts 665
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2016 3:45 AM

PetahChristian:

James McAdams:

To be fair, you can still buy the copious range of Logos 6 bundles.

L7 bundles will be discounted (if you purchased an L7 library), L6 bundles aren't.

The bundles are already discounted - I know we will get an additional discount when the Logos 7 bundles come out, but the Logos 6 bundles are still bargains. I bought the Hebrew Starter Bundle about 4-6 weeks ago, because I wanted Futato's BBH and the price difference between that resource and the bundle was almost inconsequential. Buying that book alone on Amazon would have cost me considerably more than buying the entire bundle from Logos.

I do get the frustration, but Logos have assured us that it is being actively worked on, and I don't see any reason to doubt them. I'm thrilled that we do have these collections available in the meantime, and I'm thrilled that Logos is promising that the discount will remain available for people who've already upgraded. It just seems unnecessary to throw out accusations given how many good-will gestures and readily available options are in place.

Posts 1930
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2016 4:47 AM

James McAdams:
The bundles are already discounted - I know we will get an additional discount when the Logos 7 bundles come out, but the Logos 6 bundles are still bargains. I bought the Hebrew Starter Bundle about 4-6 weeks ago, because I wanted Futato's BBH and the price difference between that resource and the bundle was almost inconsequential. Buying that book alone on Amazon would have cost me considerably more than buying the entire bundle from Logos.

This has been my experience on several occasions.  Whenever I look at single volumes, I look to see if they are part of an L6 Bundle.  With dynamic pricing, I can usually get 3-10 volumes for the price of the one volume at which I am looking to purchase.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 1815
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2016 5:25 AM

You guys do know that Logos makes more money by selling the topical bundles vs. the base packages right?

Why?

Because normally books in BP would cost around $1 to $5 each

Whereas in the (TB) Topical Bundles would cost around $4 to $10 each

What I'm saying is, its better buying BP than TB, unless you guys needed to buy a book, but for a reason, that book is not included in a BP but in TB, that would be the better choice to buy the TB instead of that individual book. (if you can afford the TB)

Posts 127
Russel Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2016 8:30 AM

mike:

You guys do know that Logos makes more money by selling the topical bundles vs. the base packages right?

Why?

Because normally books in BP would cost around $1 to $5 each

Whereas in the (TB) Topical Bundles would cost around $4 to $10 each

What I'm saying is, its better buying BP than TB, unless you guys needed to buy a book, but for a reason, that book is not included in a BP but in TB, that would be the better choice to buy the TB instead of that individual book. (if you can afford the TB)

To me, the Topical Bundles seem to have more titles that are relevant to my interests.  Base Packages may have a lot of titles, thus making them less expensive overall, but I would rather pay a little more per title for titles I will actually use.  

Posts 853
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2016 9:12 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

Ben Amundgaard:

We plan to release new L7 topical bundles in the next week or two (probably after we release the L7 Orthodox base packages). 

Ben, on 8-23-16, the bundles were only suppose to be a week or two away.  Is there still no firm release date?  No list of resources we can look at?  I'm currently holding off on the purchase of some resources because I don't want to buy them now only to find out "after' the 30 day return window expires, that they're either included in a bundle or that there are some very similar (acceptable replacement) resources included in a bundle.

Hi Rick,

I made a mistake in giving any estimate at all. That's a lesson I'm still working on learning Sad

We're actively working on this. It's a big priority to us (we realize that we're missing out on sales because of the delay). There are some technical issues that we're trying to work through.

I will see if it is possible to get a list up at some point (no promises!).

As always, we appreciate your patience.

Manager, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 1356
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2016 9:48 AM

Ben Amundgaard:

Hi Rick,

I made a mistake in giving any estimate at all. That's a lesson I'm still working on learning Sad

We're actively working on this. It's a big priority to us (we realize that we're missing out on sales because of the delay). There are some technical issues that we're trying to work through.

As always, we appreciate your patience.

Thanks, Ben.  I understand.

Posts 3037
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 26 2016 9:49 AM

Ben Amundgaard:

There are some technical issues that we're trying to work through.

The store and back end already support (dynamic pricing for) collections. What's so different about L7 topical bundles, from a technical perspective?

Ben Amundgaard:

Patience isn't an issue, but I wonder if the "technical issues" have more to do with a lack of manpower, due to all the downsizing that's taken place?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2016 2:50 PM

PetahChristian:
Patience isn't an issue, but I wonder if the "technical issues" have more to do with a lack of manpower, due to all the downsizing that's taken place?

I have been wondering about the work environment at Faithlife since they started with layoffs and job reassignments. Are there enough workers to handle the work load? Are their spirits high? I hope so.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 6122
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2016 4:02 PM

Maybe the policy on vacation should change.    Maybe one too many abused the privilege and got behind... or maybe faith life bit on more than they could chew  from a business standpoint  trying all these new things and projects.  Hey,  the sign that this may be the case is the many resources that are included in base packages but that are actually not available yet but are made available later...in other words:  delivering an incomplete product and raw features.  There are some things that are understandable but others that just kind of make you wonder what their situation really is 😕

Anyway I have purchased too much already so I'm not in a hurry for the bundles to come out.  Besides we still have Black Friday and Christmas  that are just around the corner.

DAL

Posts 9922
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2016 4:25 PM

These days you have to force vacations, or at least we did.

I'm confident the technical issue is the site handling unbelievable prices.  Like all the cameras in the world ordering from Logos. 

Posts 26014
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2016 5:22 PM

Matthew C Jones:
Are their spirits high?

Assuming their spirits are attached to their bodies, their spirits are just a little above sea level. I, on the other hand, have moved much nearer a mountain pass so have a higher spirit. Stick out tongue

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 701
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2016 5:48 PM

Matthew C Jones:

PetahChristian:

I have been wondering about the work environment at Faithlife since they started with layoffs and job reassignments. Are there enough workers to handle the work load? Are their spirits high? I hope so.

Something is going on. For example, Phil Gons has been all but absent from the forums for the month of October. There are several forum threads that could use his attention (or the attention of others with some insight from FL), but the issues remain unaddressed...

Posts 6122
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 29 2016 7:26 PM

JH:

Matthew C Jones:

PetahChristian:

Something is going on. For example, Phil Gons has been all but absent from the forums for the month of October. There are several forum threads that could use his attention (or the attention of others with some insight from FL), but the issues remain unaddressed...

Not necessarily true. Phil Gons answered one of my posts on the sermon editor 5 days ago: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/132577.aspx 

Give them a break, they're working on the bundles. Why you want to buy a bundle now when most of you will put it on the shelf anyway. Just buy for the sake of having it.

DAL

Posts 3037
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2016 9:19 AM
Any chance of topical bundles showing up by Black Friday? It would be nice to know if a resource that goes on sale would be available for less in a bundle, especially considering the additional 15% L7 discount.
Posts 956
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2016 2:25 PM

Every time I see new activity in this thread, I get excited, thinking it's Ben or Chris come to say bundles are ready, but no ... Sad

Posts 397
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 14 2016 4:07 PM

Yes... I was hoping to hear the announcement too Crying

Page 3 of 4 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS