GOLD - Missing NIGTC Romans Volume?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 912
David Carter | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 22 2016 6:24 PM

The Gold base package is advertised as including the 13 volume New International Greek Testament Commentary (NIGTC). However the individual volumes listing only includes 12 volumes, the Romans volume by Longenecker is not included.

Is this an error on the product page, or does the Gold package not actually include the Romans volume for some reason?

Posts 1638
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 6:41 PM

David Carter:
or does the Gold package not actually include the Romans volume for some reason?

It only recently came off of "pre-pub"

Therefore they sometimes wait a bit after that to include these types of resources.

Regards, SteveF

Posts 912
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 6:52 PM

SteveF:

David Carter:
or does the Gold package not actually include the Romans volume for some reason?

It only recently came off of "pre-pub"

Therefore they sometimes wait a bit after that to include these types of resources.

If you are correct - which I suspect you are - then IMHO they shouldn't really be calling it 13 volumes when in fact there are only 12 Sad

I notice that in the same package (Gold) the Pillar volumes do not include Luke, presumably as that is another fairly recent addition. To be fair to Logos, they do at least refer to the set as being 2014 Yes

Posts 341
Abram K-J | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 7:04 PM

I think this has to do with O'Brien's NIGTC commentary being pulled, just last week. So what was a 13-volume series (pre-Romans) became 12 volumes. But I agree that "13 volumes" for not having Romans is not correct and should be adjusted.

Abram K-J: Pastor, Writer, Freelance Editor, Youth Ministry Consultant
Blog: Words on the Word

Posts 141
Felix Brito | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 7:21 PM

One of those volumes in my library is the "Expanded Paraphrase of 2 Corinthians".

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS