Does the Starter Base include the FULL FEATURES SET?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 497
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 22 2016 10:37 PM

Hi guys,

I am a bit confused with the current offerings from FL. When I browsed through the different packages it appears as if all base packages includes the FULL FEATURE SET of L7. Is this true, or am I misreading? This is what I see when I look at the starter package.

Starter contains 32 resources you don't own.
Get them all in a Starter base package today for only $*****

Included in this base package

The Logos 7 software, upgraded to include the Logos 7 Full Feature Set.

A carefully curated theological library containing 32 resources that will be added to the resources you already own.

I highlighted the part I am referring to. This gives met the impression that Logos includes its full feature set in all base packages. I am under the impression that not all Datasets are inlcuded in the starter package.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:15 PM
I believe it is Bronze and higher

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 497
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:18 PM

I also believe it is from Bronze upwards, but their wording is confusing. Which is the first package that includes all Datasets and all features?

Posts 4879
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:24 PM

If you have a Logos Now Membership and purchase starter 'library' youshould have access to full feature set. If you don't have membership and purchaSe the starter base package (library + features) you won't get access to the full feature set. FL has botched this up a bit and made the waters very muddy for their customers.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:28 PM

Yes it is all confusing, I am waiting to see how everything is sorted out in the next few days. I couldn't even compare packages so far. Just being patient though. Smile

Posts 1823
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 22 2016 11:48 PM

Keith, I suggest buy now think later.

Why?

Logos has a reputation of pulling sets of resources from what was advertised on the first day. Then on the 2nd or 3rd day people would notice that certain resources are gone from the packages because of various reasons... I remember couple years ago I had to take massive screenshots to prove my points.

So, take plenty screenshots and don't forget to call CS if you decide to return them.

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 12:16 AM

That is great advice Mike. Unfortunately I haven't been able to compare what is in each package to make a decision lol 😐

Posts 497
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 1:06 AM

Still, the question remains: if I want to buy, which is the first package that includes all Datasets and all features? In other words, what is the "cheapest" package that will give me access to all Datasets and Features?

Posts 10486
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 3:30 AM

Sarel Slabbert:

Still, the question remains: if I want to buy, which is the first package that includes all Datasets and all features? In other words, what is the "cheapest" package that will give me access to all Datasets and Features?

Unless you are wanting the resources available in some particular base package, the cheapest way to get all the features (other than Logos Now) is to purchase the datasets separately Get the Logos 7 Full Feature Set 

You will find that link—and several others here https://www.logos.com/ways-to-get-logos 

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 3:32 AM

Sarel Slabbert:
I highlighted the part I am referring to. This gives met the impression that Logos includes its full feature set in all base packages. I am under the impression that not all Datasets are inlcuded in the starter package.

You're correct, and that's an error on the web page. The same text is included on all packages for Logos Now subscribers, and it's not true for them either. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Posts 1691
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:38 AM

I don't want to seem to pile-on Faithlife while they're trying to honestly serve their customers, but it almost seems like they farm out the marketing portions of their website (and email) to persons who exist totally outside the experience of their customers. When June, 2018 rolls around, the L8 banner announcement might display "All Your Base Are Belong To Us".

Win 10 Android 8.1 Fire OS 5

Posts 7953
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 12:14 PM

This was an error on the website that is now fixed. It now correctly says "The Logos 7 software, upgraded to include the Logos 7 Starter Feature Set."

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS