Cannot see Hebrew text in Psalms Explorer (Logos 7 Bronze / Verbum 7 Bronze)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 16
Paul Samuel Lee | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:03 AM

Hi.  In Psalms Explorer, when I click on "Hebrew", the left pane shows up, but in English instead of Hebrew.  I followed the instruction from the video https://www.logos.com/product/45685/psalms-explorer already.  How do I make it so Hebrew appears in the left pane instead of English?

The software I'm using is PC Desktop Logos Bible Software 7.0.0.0055.

The Psalms Explorer version is

INTERACTIVE:PSALMS-BROWSER
2016-04-27T20:19:45Z
PSALMS-BROWSER.lbshtm

I don't know whether this is relevant or not, but I upgraded from Logos 6 Starter to Verbum 7 Bronze.  But instead of installing the Verbum software, I launched my previously installed Logos 6 software, and accepted the offer to download about 2.5 GB of updates.  In the middle the software restarted and comes up as Logos 7 instead of Logos 6.

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:10 AM

It's possible you need the Lexham Hebrew Bible to do this, and that doesn't appear to be included in Verbum 7 Bronze for some reason. But I think it would be better for someone from Faithlife to comment definitively.

Posts 16
Paul Samuel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:34 AM

Hi Mark, thank you for your prompt response.  It looks like Bronze includes only the Lexham Hebrew Interlinear (LHI), but not the Lexham Hebrew Bible (LHB).  Once I purchased LHB, downloaded the update from within Logos 7 software, and restarted the Psalms Explorer panel, I can now see the Hebrew text.

Actually the above also resolved my problem with the morphology chart tool.  It is now not empty anymore when searching a Hebrew lemma.

Really excited to explore all the new data sets and features of Logos 7!

Posts 24736
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:41 AM

Paul Budiardjo:
I don't know whether this is relevant or not, but I upgraded from Logos 6 Starter to Verbum 7 Bronze.

Could be a missing dataset PSALMS-BROWSER.lbssd. Restart Logos and try update resources in the Command box.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 24736
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:57 AM

Dave Hooton:
Could be a missing dataset PSALMS-BROWSER.lbssd

My hunch was wrong!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 13312
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 4:57 AM

Paul Budiardjo:

Hi Mark, thank you for your prompt response.  It looks like Bronze includes only the Lexham Hebrew Interlinear (LHI), but not the Lexham Hebrew Bible (LHB).  Once I purchased LHB, downloaded the update from within Logos 7 software, and restarted the Psalms Explorer panel, I can now see the Hebrew text.

Actually the above also resolved my problem with the morphology chart tool.  It is now not empty anymore when searching a Hebrew lemma.

Really excited to explore all the new data sets and features of Logos 7!

Great!

Posts 16
Paul Samuel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 5:21 AM

Dave Hooton:

Paul Budiardjo:
I don't know whether this is relevant or not, but I upgraded from Logos 6 Starter to Verbum 7 Bronze.

Could be a missing dataset PSALMS-BROWSER.lbssd. Restart Logos and try update resources in the Command box.

Thanks Dave for the tip.  The next time I have an issue with a tool / resource, I'll try that method.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS