Does anyone have the L5 Reformed Silver and want to part with it?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 100
N/A | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 23 2016 6:16 AM

If You have the Logos 5 Reformed Silver base-package and could imagine Yourself selling it, I'd be very interested in buying! Both You and I can do our best then, I'll pay You around $320 + license transfer fee, this despite that I have L7 Starter, because the L5 Reformed Silver is a good base-package. You may even contact a very long time after I posted this.

Here's what You do: Log on to Facebook, go to Logos Resales group, search for Unix

Here's a chart of base-packages: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ByXIGWq4UmnLeiGsoq3PeCJKanlJBYAVQWdeoqD9SOc/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=494097819

L2 Catholic new; Used: ODCC L5 Reformed Silver L6 Full Crossgrade; L6 Chinese Bronze new; L6 Ancient Literature Feature Expansion Collection (25 vols.) new, no dynamic pricing. Before packs had 100 books incl. AYBRL new

Posts 27432
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 1:36 PM

Buying and/or selling is outside the purpose of these forums, Unix.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 100
N/A | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 5:08 PM

That is so, MJ, however this way I'm also saying that the particular base-package is very good, which helps people also evaluate the current offers and the latter is currently a hot topic in other threads. I would not have wanted dynamic pricing - i.e. buying a used L5 Reformed Silver first and then upgrading to L7 is what I would not have wanted to do - because if I would have done it that way it would have hindered me from ever reselling the L7 base-package.
But doing it this way which I'm attempting to now, enables me to resell the L7 Starter base-package, however I won't do that for many years ahead. Moreover, this is probably the only time during my lifetime I'm looking to buy a used base-package.
This thread only needs to function as a pointer to the Facebook group and the chart of old base-packages, that's all, we don't need to have any discussion in this thread. Period, I'm done, I will only post when someone has sold me the used base-package.

L2 Catholic new; Used: ODCC L5 Reformed Silver L6 Full Crossgrade; L6 Chinese Bronze new; L6 Ancient Literature Feature Expansion Collection (25 vols.) new, no dynamic pricing. Before packs had 100 books incl. AYBRL new

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 5:33 PM

N/A:
That is so, MJ, however this way I'm also saying that the particular base-package is very good, which helps people also evaluate the current offers and the latter is currently a hot topic in other threads. I would not have wanted dynamic pricing - i.e. buying a used L5 Reformed Silver first and then upgrading to L7 is what I would not have wanted to do - because if I would have done it that way it would have hindered me from ever reselling the L7 base-package.

Any potential seller of L5 Reformed Silver with subsequent dynamic pricing purchases needs Faithlife to evaluate transfer cost plus resource (re)purchases.

Thread => Open letter to Bob: Please optimize the license transfer process includes dynamic pricing effect scenario for seller:

Mark Barnes:

Jehojakim:
Regarding Dynamic pricing: Is it really that different? That new? Think of the retail shop owner who always gives a certain discount to their regular customers.

Dynamic pricing is totally different. It's really very complex. Imagine the following scenario:

• You buy Product A for $100. It includes 5 resources.
  • You later buy Product B. It's supposed to cost $200 for 8 resources, but you own half the resources already, so you only pay $100. 3 of the resources you already own were in Product A.
  • You later buy Product C. It's supposed to cost $100 for 4 resources, but one of the resources was in product A, and one of them was in product B, so you only pay $50.

Now, you decide to return product A. Should you get your $100 back?

Mark Barnes:

Mark Barnes:
Should you get your $100 back?

The answer, obviously, is no.

To work it out, Logos have to rollback your dependent purchases.

1. First they have to effectively cancel the purchases of product B and product C (so you get $150 back).
  2. Now, you're able to transfer product A, which you'll have to pay $20 for.
  3. Now you need to 'buy' product B again. This time you only own one resource out of the eight, so you have to pay $175.
  4. Finally, you need to 'buy' product C again. Again you only own one resource this time, so you pay $75.

In this scenario, to process your transfer you'd have to pay Logos $120 — $20 for the transfer plus $100 extra for products B and C. 

This is an extreme example, as nine of the ten resources in product A were included in later purchases. But it's also a relatively simple example, as the levels of dependency can be much deeper than this.

But I hope it illustrates why it's complex to work out, and why it is difficult to untangle, and would be difficult to build an automated system for.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 100
N/A | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:34 AM

Thanks Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) for the information for the benefit of all! That's how it works, and may I add that if something gets bundled with something You bought used (i.e. You upgrade after buying for example a used base-package), You can't resell anything of the bundle! So I watch out so that I don't step on that stone. The intention with buying L5 Reformed Silver, if anyone is selling it to me, is to never upgrade this account again whether with a used or new base-package. It's enough to have the possibility to add Verbum Now, I just read that before the year ends You can place multiple purchases of Verbum Now/Logos Now in Your cart, and have them charged, to ensure You stay at the ~$90 level for Years, with the only drawback of deciding and paying in advance. The membership, which is annual-only, goes up with $10 starting from January 1. 2017.

On another note: Looking for a co-author (there's also a 99% complete list of commentaries owned): Concisely erudite expositional commentary vols. worth duplicating? Almost the entire list is recommended commentaries, and being content recommending commentaries not owned was not needed.
Yesterday evening I was evaluating Brevard Child's Isaiah commentary in the Old Testament Library -series, I would almost mark it as recommended, it has the canonical approach to Isaiah which has always made me hesitate if authors/translators have used that approach in a commentary or English Bible version on that book and my Old Testament professors have agreed with that type of hesitation when it comes to Isaiah.
In the Anchor Yale Bible Commentary -series (AYBC) a new volume on Ruth has just come out - I saw that after I posted the thread about commentaries, the volume is by Jeremy Schipper, publication Year 2016, I will get it when I upgrade my set the next time (I have OT and NT sets bought separately in Accordance - they've had cheaper prices on AYBC for a while if You bought the whole thing or just the entire OT or NT, but Logos often includes the set in some huge base-packages).
That's all from me for a while, now the Unix Facebook only needs to be checked regularly as always.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS