Logos 7 Core Engine?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 23 2016 10:40 AM

I know that in previous releases, the free core engine was released much later than the new packages, etc. Has anyone seen any indication of a Logos 7 Core Engine and/or a likely (later) release date?

Posts 27447
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 10:50 AM

Virgil Buttram:
Has anyone seen any indication of a Logos 7 Core Engine and/or a likely (later) release date?

Without any other purchases or memberships, the current L6 engine is essentially the same as the L7 one. The L7 engine will be made available to everyone else at a later date... (perhaps in 6 weeks when the next build ships?). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 11:18 AM

alabama24:

Virgil Buttram:
Has anyone seen any indication of a Logos 7 Core Engine and/or a likely (later) release date?

Without any other purchases or memberships, the current L6 engine is essentially the same as the L7 one. The L7 engine will be made available to everyone else at a later date... (perhaps in 6 weeks when the next build ships?). 

I was asking if anyone had spotted any official word about that later date. "On one of the scheduled release dates" definitely makes sense. Thanks!

Posts 27447
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 11:25 AM

Virgil Buttram:
I was asking if anyone had spotted any official word about that later date

In previous years, a date has not been released until closer to the time. I think at least a month out... but again, the 6.14 engine is basically L7 (unless you have LN). 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 7953
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 12:00 PM

Virgil Buttram:

From the bottom of https://www.logos.com/ways-to-get-logos:

Logos.com:
Just want to experience the look and feel of Logos 7 without the new books and most of the features? Check back in February to get the free desktop app.

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 12:21 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Virgil Buttram:

From the bottom of https://www.logos.com/ways-to-get-logos:

Logos.com:
Just want to experience the look and feel of Logos 7 without the new books and most of the features? Check back in February to get the free desktop app.

Huh. Missed that.

Thanks!

Posts 7953
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 12:23 PM

Virgil Buttram:
Huh. Missed that.

That's OK; I had to ask around to find out if we'd published that anywhere publicly yet. Smile

Posts 353
Virgil Buttram | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 23 2016 2:14 PM

Although, given my insanely low Dynamic Price for the Starter Feature Set, I'll probably pick that up (at least) well before February.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS