Logos 7 FREE engine

Page 4 of 4 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 72 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 26247
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 10 2016 2:03 PM

Simon Smailus:
I think it better to purchase well chosen books in the area of study needed. Or in my case for the building up of the church and personal growth in God.

There is a danger in this approach - that in choosing you bias your library towards what you agree with and already know. If you omit books that challenge you, you will never grow in knowledge or spiritually.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 58
Simon Smailus | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 11 2016 12:42 AM

MJ. Smith:

Simon Smailus:
I think it better to purchase well chosen books in the area of study needed. Or in my case for the building up of the church and personal growth in God.

There is a danger in this approach - that in choosing you bias your library towards what you agree with and already know. If you omit books that challenge you, you will never grow in knowledge or spiritually.

Bias is always a danger and we all do it. Knowing we are biased enables us to balance it out. The trick is in knowing where we are biased!

You'll note that I mentioned "well chosen" books. This depends on my criteria of choosing, which I have not shared here. In Adler and Van Doren's book mentioned earlier in the thread they highlight the need for reading books that are beyond you in understanding. I would agree with this premise, although this would not be my only criteria.

Posts 17
Ruth Colderwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 21 2017 1:38 AM

Hi Willie

If you buy the logos 7 starter features the mutiview resources is included I got it for just £18.74 or about $22 

Ruth 

Posts 147
Willie | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 22 2017 10:29 PM

Ruth Colderwood:

Hi Willie

If you buy the logos 7 starter features the mutiview resources is included I got it for just £18.74 or about $22 

Ruth 

Hi Ruth,

If you are referring to my post from last September in which I asked whether the Multiview Resources tool would be included with the free L7 Core Engine, I appreciate your reply, but the second paragraph of my post explained the reason for my question.  It read as follows: "The Multiview Resources three vertical line icon is distracting my eyes from focusing on resource text and other panel contents.  If the free Logos 7 Core Engine does in fact not include the Multiview Resources tool, I could return the Full Feature Set and wait for the Core Engine to be released in February.  This would of course mean sacrificing most if not all of the new Logos 7 features, but eliminating the visual distraction would be worth it for me." 

In a subsequent reply, Phil Gons confirmed the free L7 Core Engine would not include the Multiview Resources tool which provided me with an acceptable solution, although I'm hoping Logos might eventually allow us the option of hiding the resource panel toolbar from within the normal viewing mode.  

Thanks anyway for attempting to help.

Posts 31
Benny | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 7 2017 11:29 PM

Is this Logos 7 Free engine https://www.logos.com/product/136022/basic

Posts 3189
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2017 1:13 AM

It's more than the free core engine. That package lets new customers try a limited set of Logos 7 features by also giving them temporary access to some resources and datasets.

Right now, there is an issue where the store lets you re-buy it, but the program and resources do download to your computer.

Posts 284
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2017 8:52 AM

If I am already a Logos Now subscriber, should I download this Logos 7 Engine? Or would it be a waste of time. 

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2017 9:49 AM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
should I download this Logos 7 Engine? Or would it be a waste of time. 

If you are already using the L7 engine, you don't need to re-download it. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 284
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2017 11:36 AM

alabama24:

Pastor Michael Huffman:
should I download this Logos 7 Engine? Or would it be a waste of time. 

If you are already using the L7 engine, you don't need to re-download it. 

Well, I am not using, I don't think, the L7 Platform. I believe I am using Logos 6.14 with Logos Now to give me all the feature sets of Logos 7. Should I download the Logos 7 being a member of Logos Now or is it a waste of time?

Posts 24839
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2017 12:07 PM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
Well, I am not using, I don't think, the L7 Platform. I believe I am using Logos 6.14 with Logos Now to give me all the feature sets of Logos 7. Should I download the Logos 7 being a member of Logos Now or is it a waste of time?

If you subscribe to Logos Now you should be running Logos 7. Look at the Help >> About Logos... page to see what you are running and try the update now command if necessary to get the latest version (7.4).

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 8 2017 1:30 PM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
Well, I am not using, I don't think, the L7 Platform. I believe I am using Logos 6.14 with Logos Now to give me all the feature sets of Logos 7.

That isn't how it works. You should have been using L7 when it came out. Your LN entitles you to it! In any case, the engine is now free to everyone. 

Dave Hooton:
If you subscribe to Logos Now you should be running Logos 7.

In previous years, the user would have to download the engine manually... I don't know how it worked with LN members. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 284
Pastor Michael Huffman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2017 8:19 AM

Dave Hooton:

Pastor Michael Huffman:

If you subscribe to Logos Now you should be running Logos 7. Look at the Help >> About Logos... page to see what you are running and try the update now command if necessary to get the latest version (7.4).

Information says that I am running 7.4 but says that I have a pre-Logos 7 Library...I guess it says that since I have not purchased a L7 Library just LN. 

Posts 21846
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 9 2017 8:24 AM

Pastor Michael Huffman:
pre-Logos 7 Library...I guess it says that since I have not purchased a L7 Library just LN. 

That sounds about right

Page 4 of 4 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS