Over $300 for L7 Features? Really?

Page 6 of 14 (269 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
This post has 268 Replies | 12 Followers

Posts 366
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 12:16 AM

Like I say, I never want to be in your position. It's pretty much a lose/lose proposition. Especially the product you are selling. 
I have never and never will say it's a bad product. I can't help but to see you running this company more to milk us than anything. It's a judgement, one I hope is skewed badly. As much as I try, I can't help but going back to this same spot. 

I've said this several times. Logos is an extremely complicated system. I get it; it does extremely complicated stuff. Probably much more than I ever needed. I thought at one time I did need all this. So, when I see "all the resources", to me it's way overload, and is not impressive. So, when I see 4 upgrades in 8 or 9 years, I pretty much go on a rant. And, I feel for good reason. Knowing that L5 or 6 was being worked on before 4 was even out is beyond ridiculous to me. It makes me feel as if right now you are working on Logos 20 (yes, I am exaggerating; so maybe 10 or 11). This is a huge issue with me. (You can see a reply above that explains in more detail why I'm a Logos "hater". Not really, but at times, I probably could be). 

I think for me, had you guys tabled L7 and just went with LN, I would still have my frustrations, but, not to this degree-- those are frustrations that are all my own, frustrations that have me less than motivated to even try to spend time trying to utilize the free video training. LN was just recently rolled out, I did the free trial, and while good, definitely blows me out of the water. But a few months later, here  comes L7, and as stated above, I am pretty certain you are already working on 9 or possibly 10. Certainly you can see how some or many of us see this as milking it for all it's worth. Everywhere I turn, I see ads, in my Bible program (I am aware that I can turn them off) in email and on the website. So that does not help my view towards the company. 

Right now, at this moment, I have a very low opinion of Logos/Faithlife or whatever name it's going by this month (my own private joke). This entire thread is filled with them. I also gave a few positives, but, at this moment, very few. So I will offer some of the positives I have experienced and make me like Logos (sorry, but I may never love Logos-- even though, despite my rants, I really want to). 
Top notch Customer Service. Yes, there are those times when I get a person who must be new, because they are not very knowledgeable. But, by and far, they are more helpful than any company I have dealt with, with exception of Amazon and Costco. But, I would rate Logos CS right there in the middle of the pack at the top. One of your reps went way beyond the call of duty to figure out why it would not load. The upgrade to Win 8 from 7 solved it; but she was fantastic at looking into several issues. So, yes, Logos CS is right there with Costco and Amazon. Who's the best? I have no idea, but all 3 are above excellent. 
A great program. Much more than I ever expected, overall, it is a great program. I don't like the search function, because it's so much quicker and easier to get a simple search in a search engine than my Bible program. (Maybe something that can be worked on, I can hope). But, if I want to do a topical search, it's pretty overwhelming, which hopefully is a good thing. For most, it is. 
Freebies. Free book of the month, $2 add-a-book, and many of the freebies off the other companies. Most are pretty cool freebies. 
CP. What a great way to get something published at "no cost" to Logos, and a great price for us. I say no cost to Logos, because it is our bids that cover the cost of publication; but, that takes nothing away from it's creative marketing and ability to get products that otherwise might not get published. 
You. While I have some huge complaints about how you run the company, the fact you take time to respond, and usually you make a great case for why you do what you do, does mean a lot. 

And yes, I do get the whole "subscription" thing. As stated earlier, had it been a couple more years for L-7, I might not be so upset. I realize the "groupies" as I have dubbed them, may be happy if L-8 came out by Christmas, and L-9 by Easter, and L-10 by Mother's Day, that's just ridiculous. I've said it of MS, so I'll definitely say it of Logos, 3 years is just way too soon to do a full upgrade. Windows 95 to 98 was far too soon. Then they made the mistake of Windows ME, which you may or may not have known was so bad even MS tech support hated it. (They actually got locked out of their systems. lol). But, what many called the best OS ever, XP, lasted about 6 or 7 years. Gave the industry time to adapt, and us time to get into it. Had they left Vista on the market that long, we'd have all adapted to it. I hope you see my point. 
With LN, if I could find my way to making use of it, I would probably go that route. But don't then turn around and ask me to upgrade to L-7, after I just upgraded a couple years ago (well, I waited, I do believe, but, even from the beginning, it's too soon). All this push push push is just a huge turn-off. At least to me; and apparently others. 

So while I am best described as a "hater" as one put it, and I feel for good reason, I do appreciate your response. And I really do "get it". I just don't understand everything. (I understand the cost is great to keep Logos going) but, I don't understand the massive "push push push" at an almost nonstop pace. So in all sincerity, Thank you for taking the time to address my issues. 
Tim

Bob Pritchett:

Batman:
When does it stop? It's never ending. 

You're talking about operating system upgrades, right? Or server patches? Or mobile phones?

Smile

Yes, it's never ending. Welcome to the technology treadmill.

It keeps changing -- for you and for us. We are going to try to keep earning more of your money. (Earning. Earning.) Because even if you never buy anything else, you're going to expect your data to sync, your purchases to easily migrate to your new machine, your app to run on the next version of Windows or OS X or your phone, your cloud-backed databases to stay available, your information not to be deleted or stolen because we failed to maintain or patch a server, or upgrade its hard drives, etc. And that costs a (surprising) amount of money to maintain -- just to keep servicing a one-time purchase.

That's why everything is moving to subscriptions. It's not just us -- it is the whole tech world.

And no, I don't think it's sustainable. People can only take so many subscriptions. So, while we're presently de-bundling the world so that you can subscribe to more and more stand-alone services each week, I think we're just running in a circle which will lead back to bundling. 

Posts 22750
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 12:17 AM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:
i upgraded- think i got 2 whole features for 200.00- niether of which will i ever use.

I know you have posted elsewhere about this but I don't understand why you upgraded without determining whether what you purchased would be "value for money" for you.

Have you thought about discussing your requirements with sales?

Posts 170
Dwayne Justice | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 12:25 AM

Andrew Zoll:

💻2.6 GHz i7 MacBook Pro 15" Retina | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD💻
🎁Logos 6 Diamond🎁
🌐Logos Now🌐

Andrew, how did you do this? Thanks.

🖥 21.5" iMac; 2.7GHZ; 1TB HD🖥

💻 15" Macbook Pro Retina; 2.5GHZ i7; 16 GB; 500GB FSD💻

🎁Logos 6 Diamond; Logos 6 Anglican Diamond; Logos 6 Pentecostal & Charismatic Gold🎁

🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 366
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 12:29 AM

Unfortunately for me, because of how it is, I pretty much give up, and at best, I read the Bible; but I've found myself not even doing that. So, yes, quite a problem. 
What's weird to me is, while not the first to bring my computer to Church with my Bible on it, I would find people getting upset because I did-- I actually knew only one person who did have their computer as their Bible. Several of us ended up following his lead. So, digital Bibles are not new to me. 

Bob Pritchett:

Batman:
As I quoted in a previous response, 90% of Logos users utilize 10% of what Logos has to offer. That's about as poor a grade a company can get. And, that comes from Morris Proctor, "official Logos trainer". Or, maybe it came from Logos itself. Either way, it's not good

I use less than 10% of what Microsoft Outlook does, and I use it all day every day.

When I open Adobe InDesign I use less than 5%.

I use less than 2% of Excel. Or maybe less than 1%.

It's possible that I do use 50% of Instagram's power, but I'm not sure. But I _think_ there's just those five buttons, and I've clicked them all at least once.

I hear a lot of users say they use less than 10% of Logos. Some say it almost apologetically, like they've let themselves, or their church, or even me(!) down. Some say it resentfully, like they were somehow cheated of 90% of their investment.

But it's not unusual or anything to feel bad about: Logos is a big, toolbox full of things you use every day (hammers and screwdrivers) as well as some exotic tools you use rarely but which are the perfect thing when you need them (glass cutter, reciprocating saw, shingle froe, etc.).

A big toolbox isn't a waste if you don't use every tool in it. What's a waste (of time or energy) is trying to use a hammer and screwdriver for every job, even if they're a lot cheaper than the big toolbox.

Posts 68
Diego Lara | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 12:31 AM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

i upgraded- think i got 2 whole features for 200.00- niether of which will i ever use.

good grief!!

I think that was your mistake, you should have done a bit more research and you would have found out what you were getting for $200.

Do I have a purchase or two that I regret buying from Logo? Yup,  but I blame no one but my self. 

Posts 22750
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 12:35 AM

Batman:
With LN, if I could find my way to making use of it, I would probably go that route. But don't then turn around and ask me to upgrade to L-7, after I just upgraded a couple years ago

Just checking - do you realise that if you did subscribe to Logos Now you would get all of the Logos 7 features as part of that membership?

Posts 170
Dwayne Justice | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 12:45 AM

Batman,

I have my gripes with Logos/Faithlife as well. As I think anybody who is human might, as no company is perfect and will always have what some consider faults. One person thinks "A" is a fault while one person thinks "B" is a fault. But the person who thinks "A" is a fault doesn't think "B" is a fault and vice-versa. All that said, I understand your heartburn about constant upgrades (I like it, actually, but I understand why some wouldn't) and pricing (a major gripe for me) but, what I don't get is your complaints about the software itself.

You say that searches are slow and that it is better, for you, to Google a passage. I completely, totally, and utterly flat-out wholly disagree with you. If you know how to use the simple search functions (which aren't hard) and the simple guides (which aren't hard) it doesn't take but about half a second for Logos to bring up anything and everything you could ever want to know. ORRRR, it could just open up your bible to where you want to go in less than a blink of an eye.

Conclusion: pricing-bad product-GREAT! 

🎁Logos 6 Diamond; Logos 6 Anglican Diamond; Logos 6 Pentecostal & Charismatic Gold🎁

🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 366
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 12:49 AM

I think someone did a great job in selling that point; but, at this moment in time, I'm not sure what I know. I was not impressed when I first saw it-- "far too much info overload" for me. But, if they are going to continue to put out a new Logos every 2 years, it may be well worth it as opposed to a $300+ upgrade. 
What I really need right now, is motivation to care about the Logos software again. I honestly think I'd be better off just pulling out my old leather Thompson Chain NIV. No hourly updates, no indexing. No slowdowns. If I get stuck on where something is at, I can google it, get it faster. There may be a point in time in the not so distant future that I may give it some serious reconsideration. 

And thanks for making that point. It may or may not come into play for me, I have much to determine, but, others may find that very useful. 

Graham Criddle:

Batman:
With LN, if I could find my way to making use of it, I would probably go that route. But don't then turn around and ask me to upgrade to L-7, after I just upgraded a couple years ago

Just checking - do you realise that if you did subscribe to Logos Now you would get all of the Logos 7 features as part of that membership?

Posts 366
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 1:06 AM

I am using two laptops and my kindle I understand no longer "officially" works with the Logos software (a rather complicated workaround has been offered). My older laptop, about 5 years old now, is actually faster than my new one. But, for whatever reason, searching for a specific location (easier) or a partial verse (harder--sometimes no results) takes a while to get my computer to respond or as I pointed out, just doesn't find what I'm looking for. Sometimes it's just a matter of Logos loading. Because I am no longer in the cutting edge of technology, ie, more ram than 95% of users, slower 5400rpm HD, and having an Intel 3 or 5, it takes several minutes just to load. By the time it loads, I've found it on google and away I go. Sometimes it's just because I havent even opened Logos for several days and it wants to update and index (aware of the settings to manually do so, which I do) it's just tiring. I do wish it were more like a "Patch Tuesday" for updates (just not tuesday. lol). So for all these reasons, it has become a hassle just to find a simple verse. 
I have NEVER had an issue finding verses in any bible software, until Logos. 
So, no it is very rarely that it ever finds anything in a blink of an eye. Once it's open, and everything is done downloading, yeah, then I can open a book almost instantly, and find a verse almost instantly. But, before you (or more likely anyone else) says "that's your computer, not Logos", it has always been slow to move along. Even when my computer was cutting edge. 

Dwayne Justice:

Batman,

I have my gripes with Logos/Faithlife as well. As I think anybody who is human might, as no company is perfect and will always have what some consider faults. One person thinks "A" is a fault while one person thinks "B" is a fault. But the person who thinks "A" is a fault doesn't think "B" is a fault and vice-versa. All that said, I understand your heartburn about constant upgrades (I like it, actually, but I understand why some wouldn't) and pricing (a major gripe for me) but, what I don't get is your complaints about the software itself.

You say that searches are slow and that it is better, for you, to Google a passage. I completely, totally, and utterly flat-out wholly disagree with you. If you know how to use the simple search functions (which aren't hard) and the simple guides (which aren't hard) it doesn't take but about half a second for Logos to bring up anything and everything you could ever want to know. ORRRR, it could just open up your bible to where you want to go in less than a blink of an eye.

Conclusion: pricing-bad product-GREAT! 

Posts 170
Dwayne Justice | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 2:43 AM

Batman:

I am using two laptops and my kindle I understand no longer "officially" works with the Logos software (a rather complicated workaround has been offered). My older laptop, about 5 years old now, is actually faster than my new one. But, for whatever reason, searching for a specific location (easier) or a partial verse (harder--sometimes no results) takes a while to get my computer to respond or as I pointed out, just doesn't find what I'm looking for. Sometimes it's just a matter of Logos loading. Because I am no longer in the cutting edge of technology, ie, more ram than 95% of users, slower 5400rpm HD, and having an Intel 3 or 5, it takes several minutes just to load. By the time it loads, I've found it on google and away I go. Sometimes it's just because I havent even opened Logos for several days and it wants to update and index (aware of the settings to manually do so, which I do) it's just tiring. I do wish it were more like a "Patch Tuesday" for updates (just not tuesday. lol). So for all these reasons, it has become a hassle just to find a simple verse. 
I have NEVER had an issue finding verses in any bible software, until Logos. 
So, no it is very rarely that it ever finds anything in a blink of an eye. Once it's open, and everything is done downloading, yeah, then I can open a book almost instantly, and find a verse almost instantly. But, before you (or more likely anyone else) says "that's your computer, not Logos", it has always been slow to move along. Even when my computer was cutting edge. 

Batman,

I don't know what to tell you, man. First of all, Logos is always open on my computer (maybe you could consider that?) so I wouldn't have that issue, even if it was an issue. Second, when I do close it, or perform my weekly restart of my computer, when I open it back up it only takes about 5 seconds. If that is too long for you to wait, then I got nothing...If I do find that Logos is indexing at the time I am trying to accomplish a search, I simply click the pause button. I honestly do not know why yours is so slow if you maintain that it is not your computer. Maybe you should contact your computer and/or OS software manufacturers to see if it has something to do with your hardware or software not working right with Logos. All I know is that I have zero speed or functionality (searching capability) problems with my Logos on any of my devices (Macbook Pro, iMac, iPad, iPhone). It works great no matter which device I am trying to use Logos on.

🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 1707
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 4:37 AM

(In response to every post Batman has made in here....)

At last someone who says what I could not....you rock.  God bless this mess...and you too.

Posts 931
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 5:09 AM

Batman, I don't agree with a lot of what you've written, but I appreciate that you share what you really think about Logos, whether good, bad, or indifferent.

And sometimes I have some of your frustrations, but honestly, my frustrations are typically of my making because I have failed to get into Logos to discover what it does that I can use and what it does that I don't need. But when I do take the time to learn something, I find myself using it almost automatically and benefitting greatly.

But I really appreciate your writing because it resulted in Bob's two responses. I'm sure he's written similarly elsewhere, but those responses are helping this rapidly-becoming old dog to thinking that this new trick of Logos Now is a good idea and not merely a money-making idea of Logos.

Here's what I mean: with Logos Now one gets these new feature sets along and along, not all at once as with a major upgrade. It seems that is have to make the learning curve a little flatter. The idea of a Logos 7 or 8 or 20 become inconsequential in reality. That in itself may be enough to subscribe to Logos Now.

I hope you come to a resolution of your frustrations with Logos. I've worked through a lot of the same issues, longing for a simpler age, and then I remember some of the frustrations of that simpler age.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 8227
LogosEmployee

Batman:
Knowing that L5 or 6 was being worked on before 4 was even out is beyond ridiculous to me. It makes me feel as if right now you are working on Logos 20 (yes, I am exaggerating; so maybe 10 or 11).

I'm not sure where you got this information, but it's simply not true.

Logos 4 was released on November 2, 2009.

The first line of code for Logos 5 was committed on June 13, 2012. (Obviously, some planning may have occurred before that, but it wasn't in development before Logos 4 shipped.)

Batman:
But a few months later, here  comes L7, and as stated above, I am pretty certain you are already working on 9 or possibly 10.

We are not. We are currently working on 7.1, 7.2, 7.3 and discussing what will be in those releases for Logos Now subscribers.

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:38 AM

I am not adverse to subscription-based services.  I have a Evernote subscription and will continue to subscribe even though they recently jacked up the price and cut the number of devices on the free version (causing a wave of complaints on their forum).  I also subscribe to Pandora.  A great music service.  The differences between these services and what Logos is offering is their price and their value to me.  Evernote will cost me $35 a year when I renew.  Pandora costs me less than $50.  I use both services everyday and derive a lot of value from both.

By contrast, Faithlife/Logos wants $90-100 a year.  That is more than I pay for Evernote and Pandora combined!  What value will I receive from such a subscription?  A whole bunch of new features/datasets that I am not sure that I can even benefit from since some/many of them are library-dependent.  The Logos Now website remains a work in progress.  Essentially beta quality.  That is something that I am willing to pay for.  But not $7-8 a month.  For a bit more, you can buy Microsoft Office 365!   That suite has way more functionality for most people that the features/datasets and the semi-functional website offered by Faithlife/Logos

I understand that Logos needs to monetize their business.  They have to keep the lights on and the servers running. That is a given.  However, I do not agree with their current methodology.   Currently, the only real options we are given are to pay a king's ransom to buy the new features as a bundle (not separately) or pay $7-8 a month for the subscription and get all the latest features/datasets and future upgrades (with no idea of what they may do).

That is why my money is staying in my pocket until I am convinced that the value is commensurate with the price being charged.

Some suggestions to Faithlife/Logos:

1. Offer a monthly subscription option for everything at a slightly higher price.  That way, a user doesn't have to fork over a large amount of money up front and has a chance to opt out if they can no longer afford the price or they are not using the features.  It will also allow them to "test drive" the features for a month or two and gauge the value.

2. Create lower-priced subscription options.  For example, I am more interested in the web version than the new feature sets as I use the mobile and web versions more than the desktop version.   Price it at $3.99 a month and step up development and I'm in!

3. Allow people to buy the features they want a la carte as well as in bundles.  

4. Rethink your packages.  I looked at the latest Starter and Starter Features packages and see little additional value.  Certainly not worth the price you are charging.

5. Create less expensive onramps to the Logos platform for new users.  Loss leaders work.  I started with a $25 MacArthur Libronix package and have spent 2-3 grand with Logos.  And I am willing to spend more!

6. Perhaps it is time to end the free engine upgrades.  Development costs money.  I think if you charged a reasonable amount $50-60 for a new engine with some valuable added features, most users would pay up.  Of course, they could choose to continue to use an older, unsupported version. 

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 512
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:46 AM

Tony Thomas:

1. Offer a monthly subscription option for everything at a slightly higher price.  That way, a user doesn't have to fork over a large amount of money up front and has a chance to opt out if they can no longer afford the price or they are not using the features.  It will also allow them to "test drive" the features for a month or two and gauge the value.

2. Create lower-priced subscription options.  For example, I am more interested in the web version than the new feature sets as I use the mobile and web versions more than the desktop version.   Price it at $3.99 a month and step up development and I'm in!

4. Rethink your packages.  I looked at the latest Starter and Starter Features packages and see little additional value.  Certainly not worth the price you are charging.

5. Create less expensive onramps to the Logos platform for new users.  Loss leaders work.  I started with a $25 MacArthur Libronix package and have spent 2-3 grand with Logos.  And I am willing to spend more!

6. Perhaps it is time to end the free engine upgrades.  Development costs money.  I think if you charged a reasonable amount $50-60 for a new engine with some valuable added features, most users would pay up.  Of course, they could choose to continue to use an older, unsupported version. 

I want to add a number 7 (and yes, it is the same record being played but no one has answered me yet): allow subscribers to keep features after a certain period of subscription. This would solve a lot of problems. I would continue subscribing because of the newer tools that keep on being released, but if I must stop my subscription for whatever reason I will not lose all functionality but only the newest

Posts 1707
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:52 AM

Sarel, I for one would sign on to the beta testing version of Logos Now (I will always refer to it this way) if I got to keep the features over time too.

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:55 AM

Sarel Slabbert:

Tony Thomas:

I want to add a number 7 (and yes, it is the same record being played but no one has answered me yet): allow subscribers to keep features after a certain period of subscription. This would solve a lot of problems. I would continue subscribing because of the newer tools that keep on being released, but if I must stop my subscription for whatever reason I will not lose all functionality but only the newest

Excellent point and I absolutely agree!  I think I suggested this in another post.

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Posts 512
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:56 AM

JoshInRI:

Sarel, I for one would sign on to the beta testing version of Logos Now (I will always refer to it this way) if I got to keep the features over time too.

I truly believe that most would. It would cost me the same over a 2 year period (buying vs. renting to own), but it would take away the fear of losing most functionality if I must end my subscription after a few years

Posts 824
GregW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 8:14 AM

I don't really want to join this conversation, as I'm finding it rather tiresome, but there are a couple of points worth making:

• One thing nobody ever seems to mention is that there have been at least three occasions, and I think more, in the past year, when LN subscribers have also been given a $10 voucher, which actually significantly reduces the overall cost. That doesn't mean they will continue to do so, but it indicates that Faithlife is very aware of the amount of value members are getting out of the subscription. 
  • The term "beta testing" is one that non-LN subscribers like to use as a way of insulting the product: it is a slanderous term that really should not be bandied about here. The quality of the software that has come out over the past year has, in general, significantly improved with the six-week development cycle. LN users are certainly not beta-testers, and I am increasingly finding it galling to hear people who know little about LN referring to it as such. Most of the new features that have come out have been more robust, better-documented, and better explained than we saw in the past. Granted, there are some issues, but far fewer than there ever used to be. 
  • When I moved from L3 to L4 I was concerned about the Logos business model: I could not see how the syncing, mobile app upgrades, and storage of all my notes could be funded from one-off purchases. That's before considering the cost of constant development to keep up to date with Apple, Microsoft and Android software updates, server OS and security upgrades, etc. I think Logos/Faithlife is acting wisely and responsibly in seeking to protect its future by finding ways of generating recurring revenues from its users. The world is changing, and I have 3-4 disks in the back of my cupboard from previous Bible software packages that went out of business or ceased to be supported. I see the annual LN fee as a protection of my investment, but I get full value out of it on top of that as well. Yes, I'll lose some features if I cease to subscribe. I am happy to take that risk. There's more to life than fretting about my Logos features. 

Running Logos 6 Platinum and Logos Now on Surface Pro 4, 8 GB RAM, 256GB SSD, i5

Posts 3530
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 8:18 AM

Tony Thomas:
By contrast, Faithlife/Logos wants $90-100 a year.  That is more than I pay for Evernote and Pandora combined!  What value will I receive from such a subscription?  A whole bunch of new features/datasets that I am not sure that I can even benefit from since some/many of them are library-dependent.  The Logos Now website remains a work in progress.  Essentially beta quality.  That is something that I am willing to pay for.  But not $7-8 a month.  For a bit more, you can buy Microsoft Office 365!   That suite has way more functionality for most people that the features/datasets and the semi-functional website offered by Faithlife/Logos

There are two other ways to get your money's worth out of Logos/Verbum Now (and I'm going to bold them because in a lot of threads people seem to miss/forget about them; it's not me 'yelling' at you or whatever Smile).

1. Logos/Verbum Now can pay for itself by getting you better discounts on L/V7 Libraries and Feature Sets. It's pretty easy right now for buying a year of Now to save you more money that it will cost on a single Library purchase. And even if it only saves you $20-50, that's brought Now's cost down to or close to what you said you'd be happy paying.

2. Logos/Verbum Now can pay for itself by getting you access to special discounts on other FL products. One 20% discount on a $600 commentary set purchased any time in the next year would more than cover Now. Getting Now down to $3.99/mth (~$48/yr instead of $89, so a $41 discount) really isn't hard for those of us who intend to grow our libraries this year (at least if the right sales come up).

Page 6 of 14 (269 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | RSS