Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 24 2016 8:50 AM

With 2779 commentaries I only make use of a very small portion of them.  Even with Multiview I can only view just a few at a time.  I would like to suggest a commentary tool so I can compare all my commentaries on a particular passage such as Romans 8:28.   This is similar to Power Lookup feature but that tool gives you only prioritized commentaries.    I would like a complete stand-alone tool that has the following items:

1.  Allow users to choose collection such as all your Study Bibles

2.  Link to you current Bible

3.  Column View so you can read if there are many pages.

4.  Allow complete comment under that verse or have both option to truncate longer comments. 

5.  Allow corresponding word filters so you can immediately find certain comments on words. 

I think individuals would be encourage to use many more of their commentaries with a tool like this.

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 8:56 AM

Great idea!!

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 9:02 AM

The closest feature to that is Explorer. 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 612
John Brumett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 9:59 AM

Lynden Williams:
The closest feature to that is Explorer

Thanks Lynden but the Explorer only has popups which doesn't always include the whole comment and I can't see 20 commentant on one passage at the same time nor compare all 20 at once with corresponding words.  

Posts 88
T. L. Brown | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 25 2016 4:44 PM

I love this idea!  Thanks for suggesting it.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS