Making Logos usable for academic research

Page 4 of 4 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 62 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 2133
LogosEmployee
Posts 71
Jeffrey Visser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2016 6:46 PM

Interesting.  I did not know about that.  Thank you, I do see uses for this in the research stage of paper.  

While it may work for some professors, other professors won't accept it since it is not an online resource that can be accessed with that link. SBL does have a format for online resources and a format for resources without pages.  However, too many web links or no page resources and the level of academics is suspect after undergrad.  Maybe a checklist of required attributes before a book is published would be a good thing and keep consistency among the FL companies.

An interesting side note is that I copied it from Logos when I had both logos and Verbum open.  When I click on the link, it tries (and fails) to access it in Verbum and not Logos.  If Verbum is closed, it finds it in logos.  

Posts 1185
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2016 7:05 PM

Jeffrey Visser:

Interesting.  I did not know about that.  Thank you, I do see uses for this in the research stage of paper.  

While it may work for some professors, other professors won't accept it since it is not an online resource that can be accessed with that link. SBL does have a format for online resources and a format for resources without pages.  However, too many web links or no page resources and the level of academics is suspect after undergrad.  Maybe a checklist of required attributes before a book is published would be a good thing and keep consistency among the FL companies.

An interesting side note is that I copied it from Logos when I had both logos and Verbum open.  When I click on the link, it tries (and fails) to access it in Verbum and not Logos.  If Verbum is closed, it finds it in logos.  

You were right about online sources that can't be accessed with the link. I do not permit my students to use URLs that are not accessible online. It's too easy to simply make fake  citations that way.   But I do think the idea of copying the URL location is a good workaround until page numbers can be developed. I just hope that this isn't seen as a solution, because it isn't. 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Page 4 of 4 (63 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS