A Question

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 2825
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 24 2016 2:19 PM

I bought the subscription to Logos Now, as the sales person explained that the discount on my Standard Portfolio would be reduced more than the cost of the Logos Now, making the entire price less.  I had no other interest in Logos Now.

A question just came to my mind.  Does that mean that I did not purchase all the data sets, etc. in my package purchase?  If so, that was certainly not explained to me.  My concern is that if I ever cancel my Logos Now subscription, what will I lose?

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 13360
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 2:23 PM

Michael Childs:
A question just came to my mind.  Does that mean that I did not purchase all the data sets, etc. in my package purchase?  If so, that was certainly not explained to me.  My concern is that if I ever cancel my Logos Now subscription, what will I lose?

That depends. It's possible (but not necessary) for Logos Now members to buy the Feature Set. You should check your order (either the email, or the Orders section of the website). Look to see if the Feature Set is itemised there. If so, you've bought it, and would only lose the online services if you were to cancel your Now subscription.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 2:23 PM

Logos now gives you access to all of the data sets (in addition to the rest) .  This will terminate if you terminate your now subscription.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 358
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 2:46 PM

Michael, 

I just checked your order. You permanently own the Logos 7 Portfolio Library and the Logos 7 Full Feature Set. Even if you cancel your Now membership, you will always keep those. By getting you a Now membership first, your salesperson just got you a crazy good deal. ;)

Now membership also gives you access to: 

1. Some exclusive features right now: Bible Browser, Discourse Datasets, and Lemma in Passage. 
  2. New features as they continue to roll out every six weeks.
  3. Monthly preview resources
  4. Access to app.logos.com
  5. Exclusive members-only discounts

TC, you are also correct: Now membership also gives access to the Full Feature Set for those to who choose not to purchase it permanently.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 2825
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 24 2016 3:42 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Michael, 

I just checked your order. You permanently own the Logos 7 Portfolio Library and the Logos 7 Full Feature Set. Even if you cancel your Now membership, you will always keep those. By getting you a Now membership first, your salesperson just got you a crazy good deal. ;)

Now membership also gives you access to: 

1. Some exclusive features right now: Bible Browser, Discourse Datasets, and Lemma in Passage. 
  2. New features as they continue to roll out every six weeks.
  3. Monthly preview resources
  4. Access to app.logos.com
  5. Exclusive members-only discounts

TC, you are also correct: Now membership also gives access to the Full Feature Set for those to who choose not to purchase it permanently.

Thanks so much, Adam!  That is what I was hoping.  I appreciate you taking the time to check that for me.  Another example of quality service at Faithlife.

And I saved money of my package purchase that more than off set the cost of Logos Now.  So I can, more or less, have a year to try Logos Now virtually free (since I would have bought the same base package regardless) and decide if it is something I want to continue.  That is a win-win from my perspective. 

And that sales person did a super job of guiding me.  Her name was Nicole Blomquist, and I highly recommend her to anyone interested in purchasing resources from Faithlife.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS