Okay, I'm confused about upgrading.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 134
Joel | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 26 2016 7:16 AM

Someone please help my tiny brain- Logos provide...

-base packages that include new books and L7 features

-Logos Now that does basically everything and has features Logos kept from L7, but for a subscription

-the 'gotta know where to look to buy' Feature Sets

-the free software upgrade?

I'm after a Feature Set, I think. I don't want to pay for more books than what I have, unless they're necessary for L7 features. (basically the base packages look more like wasted money than anything to me)

Does all of this sound correct?

Posts 28703
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 7:31 AM
Joel:
I'm after a Feature Set, I think. I don't want to pay for more books than what I have, unless they're necessary for L7 features.
I'm sorry, I didn't fully follow. If you want the new features but not new resources, you have two choices: 1) buy the feature set or 2) become a Logos Now member. Personally, I recommend LN for most users. It isn't just "renting" the new features... that is only one of the benefits. Furthermore, you will continue to receive updates and be adding L8 features well in advance of the L8 release.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 23612
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 7:34 AM

Joel:
-base packages that include new books and L7 features

That is correct

Joel:
-Logos Now that does basically everything and has features Logos kept from L7, but for a subscription

Logos Now provides the full feature set associated with Logos 7 and has some features (mainly ones that are online and require ongoing maintenance) that are only available through that programme

Joel:
-the 'gotta know where to look to buy' Feature Sets

Not quite sure what you mean - the feature sets are compared and available at https://www.logos.com/compare/feature-sets 

Joel:
-the free software upgrade?

Not available at the moment - expected in February - but unless you are using any of the new Logos 7 features it operates the same as Logos 6.14

Joel:
I'm after a Feature Set, I think. I don't want to pay for more books than what I have, unless they're necessary for L7 features.

So I suggest you look at the link above and see which of the feature sets are best for what you need.

Posts 134
Joel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 26 2016 7:38 AM

Thanks Graham! The feature sets page is hard to find from the main page or dropdown menu... you have to compare every package before you can see a feature set is even available. When I looked into buying there was no mention of it. I was only given the option for a base package.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS