Because the engine is always free

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 47 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 9010
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 4:28 AM

Bootjack:
As to your question what I mean by being too bizarre. Here comes the answer with feeling. I presently own Logos 6 Silver with more than what I presently need. Does it make much sense for me to fork out another near 700.00 to buy Silver again with an extra few books? The simple & easy reply would be an all out no. For me to do that would be bizarre. Hope this make it a lot more clearer for you.  ;-) 

Thanks for clarifying. For sure it doesn't make sense for you to purchase more books if you don't need them. But you may not realize their value until after you have them and various searches refer to them.

Bootjack:
I should never say never to LN or a bigger package, because I might wind up eating a delicious lunch of Crow with a follow up of a rather large slunk of Humble Pie.  

I don't want to be the cause of you making a purchase you didn't want to make but I do think you would find LN very valuable. So "never saying never" is a good strategy to employ.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 496
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 5:14 AM

Yes Tony, those comments you made were really harsh!!!?????? :-) Seriously Jack, you have to grab yourself one of those Snickers bars. They sometimes will do wonders!!!  :-D

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 496
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 5:19 AM

Bruce Dunning:
Thanks for clarifying. For sure it doesn't make sense for you to purchase more books if you don't need them. But you may not realize their value until after you have them and various searches refer to them. 

You make a good point Bruce. Thank you for the reply.  

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 10597
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 5:38 AM

Bootjack:
Yes Tony, those comments you made were really harsh!!!??????

Thank you for catching my typo. I have now corrected it from y to my

Posts 496
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 5:55 AM

No problem Jack. The "y" to "my" changes the whole scenario. Have a super week! :-) 

Posts 228
Graham Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 7:24 AM

My confusion these days with the Free Engine is not the issue of whether or not it is really free but it is what would I actually get (or should I say keep).

The only experience that I have of the "Free Engine" is on a copy of Logos that my wife uses with a small resource set. This allows her to do everything that she wants to do with the Bible and a handful of Dictionaries and One Volume Commentaries. We only keep the software up to date and do not add resources or buy package upgrades.

An interesting experiment, though not one I have time to complete, would be to use a typical large library on the "Free Engine" and see how well the resources can be studied. My suspicion is that the core features would not be a disappointment.

Another reality is that there is not a single "Free Engine" because if I choose to take the free option free for me would be the core engine plus the features for which I have a permanent license. In my case free would be a lot more powerful than free for some other users.

I don't anticipate Logos dropping the free engine any time soon as the business case for them will be more about the cost of supporting multiple versions than the benefit to the customer. That may seem like a cynical statement but it is really a business reality and the truth is that giving a free upgrade to the customers who will not pay for an upgrade is more cost effective than leaving them on the old version. Don't forget these are the users who don't want the new features anyway because they are happy with what they have got.

From a business perspective making the free engine available at first launch would of course make no sense because Faithlife probably get a good percentage of the upgrade revenue from the customer who does not need the new features but wants to have the latest.

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 7:35 AM

Bootjack:

Thank you for the interesting comment Bill. Even if that were to hold true, the way the Canadian dollar stands up or falls against the US dollar, my payment next year could be 150 plus!  :-) 

I should never say never to LN or a bigger package, because I might wind up eating a delicious lunch of Crow with a follow up of a rather large slunk of Humble Pie.  

The Lord bless ya sir. 

I understand the issue with currencies. That's got to be a source of much irritation.

I thought "never" to Logos Now, but after researching subscription software and perusing so many threads that I think I've almost become one, I've come to appreciate what is going on with LN. I think I'm getting used to the taste of "crow" and "humble pie." Wink

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 9010
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 7:46 AM

Bill Moore:
I thought "never" to Logos Now, but after researching subscription software and perusing so many threads that I think I've almost become one, I've come to appreciate what is going on with LN. I think I'm getting used to the taste of "crow" and "humble pie." Wink

Thanks for your vulnerability to share this. I think when we more fully understand things we can apprediate them.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 3 of 3 (48 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS