Let Us Thank Faithlife for Logos 7!

Page 1 of 4 (70 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 69 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 146
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 27 2016 10:41 AM

I cannot imagine a life without Logos. Through the years it has become an indispensible part of my daily life. I am incredibly thankful for the transformative experience that it provides. It helps me impact lives, churches and communities. The latest release gives me tools like Hebrew Grammatical Constructions and OT Propositional Outlines that I value greatly. The Mobile Ed courses that by themselves cover the cost of some Libraries are a great value. Thanks for Bob, Faithlife staff, and the MVPs for the hard work behind Logos 7. I never had to pay separately for cloud based Sync or the mobile apps. Thanks for the generosity.

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 10:46 AM

Thank you, Peter, for the kind words. It's our joy to build products that serve you, and we love to hear what you're enjoying and getting the most value from.

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 10:50 AM

Logos is the bees knees! I've never regretted the money spent!

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 83
John W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:00 AM

I totally agree! I thank the Lord for FL and now L7. Thank you, specifically, for your graciousness, responsiveness and patience in the face of our grumbling sometimes found in the forums.

Posts 177
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:01 AM

Peter Lever:

I cannot imagine a life without Logos. Through the years it has become an indispensible part of my daily life. I am incredibly thankful for the transformative experience that it provides. It helps me impact lives, churches and communities. The latest release gives me tools like Hebrew Grammatical Constructions and OT Propositional Outlines that I value greatly. The Mobile Ed courses that by themselves cover the cost of some Libraries are a great value. Thanks for Bob, Faithlife staff, and the MVPs for the hard work behind Logos 7. I never had to pay separately for cloud based Sync or the mobile apps. Thanks for the generosity.

Hear! Hear!

I know serving Christians especially can be a challenging and thankless task in these days because of the entitlement attitude prevalent in our country of what Christians "should be doing anyway." So let me also add my voice to this expression of gratitude for all that you guys have done in making my life much easier.

💻MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018) | 2.9 GHz i9 6 core | 32GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB Graphics | 1TB SSD💻
💾MacOS Catalina 10.15 Beta (19A4871)💾
🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁
⌨Logos 7 Extended Feature Set⌨
🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 609
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:05 AM

Even for aging retirees engaged in small ministries of teaching, and now refugee sponsorship, the resources are invaluable. And my wife wouldn't know what to do with me, or about our budget, if this level of intellectual challenge were not available without high travel costs.

Posts 1501
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:09 AM

I sometimes wonder what some of the great theological minds of history (Augustine, Jerome, Luther, Calvin, Spurgeon, Moody, Barth, etc.) would have accomplished if they had access to Logos.

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:18 AM

Why are we thanking a corporation for making money?
I mean , I'm glad they are making money and, trying to improve product but, I see no reason to thank them for making said money.

I don't feel the need to thank Apple for making computers and iPhones 
Anyone thanked Mc Donalds for making money lately ???

I have never thanked a Car dealership for selling me a car.

I have no issue with people doing what they want to do, i just study "why " people do what they do.

Are there discounts your getting others have not?
Did logos do something for you personally they don't do for others and, did it at no cost?

Is it that you think Logos is some type of ministry and they exist to serve you?
surely not!

Logos is a business, for profit, your simply wage earners they seek to get money from for a product they create- Logos won't be at your funeral, they won't write software and supply resources free or at cost- they are a business, they have to make money, and, thats good, the create jobs, the are part of the local financial community where ever they are, they are part of the cash flow that makes things work.

I'm just wondering what makes people want to "thank" logos when Im willing to bet no one has even considered the Railroads for being Railroads or the bank for charging interest.

Thanks, very interested in the responses.

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:19 AM

Grin : Dear Josh- they probably would have gotten much done - too busy trying to pay for software, computer, electricity, internet  etc- hahahahaha

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:26 AM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:
Is it that you think Logos is some type of ministry and they exist to serve you?

Actually, I do see Logos as a ministry, at least just as much as they are a business.I don't believe they put this much effort into helping us study the Bible without a genuine love for said Bible. I am thanking them because I appreciate the way they help me in MY ministry, and I think they get too much grief in the forums. They probably appreciate the thank yous, and I believe they deserve them.

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 196
Stephen Terlizzi | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:31 AM

Josh:

I sometimes wonder what some of the great theological minds of history (Augustine, Jerome, Luther, Calvin, Spurgeon, Moody, Barth, etc.) would have accomplished if they had access to Logos.

Or even Albert, Aquinas, Anselm, Scotus, Liguori, Newman, Chesterton, Garrigou-Lagrange, Rahner, von Hildebrand, etc.  Wink

Agape,

Steve

Posts 507
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:36 AM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

I mean , I'm glad they are making money and, trying to improve product but, I see no reason to thank them for making said money.

I don't feel the need to thank Apple for making computers and iPhones 
Anyone thanked Mc Donalds for making money lately ???

I have no issue with people doing what they want to do, i just study "why " people do what they do.

Are there discounts your getting others have not?
Did logos do something for you personally they don't do for others and, did it at no cost?

surely not!

Logos is a business, for profit, your simply wage earners they seek to get money from for a product they create- Logos won't be at your funeral, they won't write software and supply resources free or at cost- they are a business, they have to make money, and, thats good, the create jobs, the are part of the local financial community where ever they are, they are part of the cash flow that makes things work.

I'm just wondering what makes people want to "thank" logos when Im willing to bet no one has even considered the Railroads for being Railroads or the bank for charging interest.

Thanks, very interested in the responses.

I have been a firm Logos supporter since 1996, and despite my apprehension about the subscription element (and my wish to make some changes there), I must thank Logos. Yes, they make money. And Yes, I paid for L7, as I did for L4, L5 and L6. And I probably would again for Logos 8.  I am glad Logos allowed me to get almost all features at Bronze level (last time you needed Gold or silver - can't remember, but you could not get them all with Bronze).

I thank Logos for creating software that allows me to study the Bible in ways I never could. I thank Logos for developing tools that make it possible to focus more on studying the text and other resources than searching, or paging through books hoping to find some relevant information. The amount of information I have access to is mind boggling, and yes, I probably use less than 10% of Logos (I think Bob himself mentioned this somewhere), but with that 10% I can do 200% more than I could with only my print library.

So yes, I want to thank Logos for their software, their development and their constant growth.

Posts 507
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:38 AM

Stephen Terlizzi:

Josh:

Or even Albert, Aquinas, Anselm, Scotus, Liguori, Newman, Chesterton, Garrigou-Lagrange, Rahner, von Hildebrand, etc.  Wink

Agape,

Steve

Perhaps they would have written less, playing with all the different Logos features would keep them too busy  Stick out tongueBig Smile 

Posts 146
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:41 AM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

i am not English or American. In my culture we do not say 'thanks' but we are not unthankful. But when we do say 'thanks' we mean it a lot. I have wondered in English and American land why the parties involved says thanks several times over a coffee transaction - while collecting the coffee, taking the card for payment, and receiving the card back, and whether all that is genuine. I do not know if it is, all the time. But mine was genuine.

Bob did not have to write Bible software to be "Inc.". Over my decade of interaction with them, they have remained far more than a Corporation would be In how they treated and take care of me. They have taken care of me in ways only my father would have. Sometimes I shout at them badly. Those are like occasions when in the middle of the night i hear the door creeking and suspect my father is running away from me for ever. I want to make sure I do not lose Faithlife as I know them and love them.

I am conservative in who I commend and associate with. It is the only company I can get the CEO to reply to my post, address my concern or reply to my mail. I can boldly say Faithlife do not have a peer in terms of the loyalty they command!

Posts 9010
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 1:29 PM

Cynthia Tucker:

Logos is the bees knees! I've never regretted the money spent!

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1691
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 1:51 PM

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words! It is a joy to be able to serve you.

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

Have you driven a Tesla? I don't own one, but a friend loaned me theirs for a day. Press that accelerator on an on-ramp and you'll be thanking Elon Musk for building it. Cool

We know we aren't a non-profit ministry, and I know that this is my job, and my reward is getting paid and maybe even earning a profit. But, FWIW, I'm thankful to be part of a free economy, where, in pursuit of profit, others exercise their God-given creativity to offer me more and more services, tools, and even little luxuries at increasingly lower (over the scope of history) prices.

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:
or the bank for charging interest.

I think people who live (or historically lived) in economies without commercial lending, and who didn't have the ability to purchase property, or seed an independent business, were very thankful when profit-seeking business people offered to charge them interest, and enabled them to buy a home, start a business, etc.

In fact the movie "It's a Wonderful Life" not only explains how charging interest helps people, but shows them literally thanking and celebrating the lender.

Big Smile

Posts 196
Stephen Terlizzi | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 2:14 PM

Sarel Slabbert:

Stephen Terlizzi:

Josh:

Agape,

Steve

Perhaps they would have written less, playing with all the different Logos features would keep them too busy  Stick out tongueBig Smile 

Christian follower: Augustine, how is the defense against the Manichaeans coming? Sad

Augustine: Yeah...yeah...it's coming. But, check out how I can search for this Greek lemma across my entire library!   Cool

Posts 506
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 2:31 PM

I would also like to thank Faithlife for providing us with excellent study tools.  Keep up the good work! 

Posts 56
Clearview | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 2:38 PM

Smile

Agree with all my heart.

Posts 10599
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 3:34 PM

Peter Lever:
Thanks for the generosity.

Peter, thank you for posting this. It is a refreshing change to much of the drivel flooding the forums at present. This is a very good thread you started in spite of the one grouch who attempted to hijack it.

I also very much appreciate all that FL has done to improve my Bible study experience. As I mentioned in another thread, I remember preparing for Sunday with an IBM Selectric, a wall full of paper books, and a mimeograph machine. Therefore, I do thank the Pritchett family for starting and maintaining FaithLife.

In another post you questioned the sincerity of those who thank several people for small actions—Yes, I to thank the server for refilling my drink because I appreciate their service.

Page 1 of 4 (70 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS