Let Us Thank Faithlife for Logos 7!

Page 2 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 69 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 17
Jay | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 3:47 PM

Peter, I completely agree with your post. I have been so blessed by this software. On top of that, everyone at Faithlife has been so patient with my questions (many very stupid ones!) and have helped me make the switch to Logos. In the few months I have been using this software I have been so blessed by it.

Thank you Faithlife! Keep up the great work!

Posts 2205
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 3:54 PM

First of all every business consists of people dedicated and hard working trying their best to provide an excellent product. When we thank FL we thank those that are behind the product most of us enjoy. So Peter, awesome post.

Jack, you really made me smile with the word "drivel". Perfect phrase for selfish, agenda-driven, inconsiderate posts.

FL and all the people behind L7, thanks for your dedication and excellent work.

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 3:55 PM

Cynthia Tucker:

Logos is the bees knees! I've never regretted the money spent!

I have never regretted the resources I've purchased, but I have at times regretted that I didn't wait for sales on various items. Big Smile

Posts 177
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 3:58 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

Why are we thanking a corporation for making money?
I mean , I'm glad they are making money and, trying to improve product but, I see no reason to thank them for making said money.

I don't feel the need to thank Apple for making computers and iPhones 
Anyone thanked Mc Donalds for making money lately ???

I have never thanked a Car dealership for selling me a car.

I have no issue with people doing what they want to do, i just study "why " people do what they do.

I'll be sure to tell your congregation not to thank you for preaching a sermon or teaching a lesson, or performing a wedding or funeral since you're being paid to do it. It can't be a ministry since you're paid to do it, right?

And maybe you should start thanking people for doing things for you, like selling you a car- you might find life is a bit more pleasant when you show love to other people in the same way that you would expect to be loved yourself.

I think you should probably reevaluate your position on what is and isn't a ministry.

💻MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018) | 2.9 GHz i9 6 core | 32GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB Graphics | 1TB SSD💻
💾MacOS Catalina 10.15 Beta (19A4871)💾
🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁
⌨Logos 7 Extended Feature Set⌨
🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 406
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 4:10 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

I mean , I'm glad they are making money and, trying to improve product but, I see no reason to thank them for making said money.

I have no issue with people doing what they want to do, i just study "why " people do what they do.

Are there discounts your getting others have not?
Did logos do something for you personally they don't do for others and, did it at no cost?

Is it that you think Logos is some type of ministry and they exist to serve you?
surely not!

Logos is a business, for profit, your simply wage earners they seek to get money from for a product they create- Logos won't be at your funeral, they won't write software and supply resources free or at cost- they are a business, they have to make money, and, thats good, the create jobs, the are part of the local financial community where ever they are, they are part of the cash flow that makes things work.

I'm just wondering what makes people want to "thank" logos when Im willing to bet no one has even considered the Railroads for being Railroads or the bank for charging interest.

Thanks, very interested in the responses.

It's times like this that make me really miss Milford.

Posts 3086
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 4:23 PM

Thank you, Faithlife and everyone in it now and before, for Verbum, and for all of your other good work. Smile

Erik:
It's times like this that make me really miss Milford.

Requiem aeternam dona ei Domine, et lux in perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace.

Posts 177
Andrew Zoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 4:34 PM

And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.  And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

Col. 3:14-15

💻MacBook Pro (15-inch 2018) | 2.9 GHz i9 6 core | 32GB RAM | Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB Graphics | 1TB SSD💻
💾MacOS Catalina 10.15 Beta (19A4871)💾
🎁Logos 7 Portfolio🎁
⌨Logos 7 Extended Feature Set⌨
🌐Logos Now🌐

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 5:04 PM

I thought we "thanked them" with our money.

Posts 3086
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 5:07 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

I've seen a lot of things on Logos.com over the years, but never yet a tip jar. Wink

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:07 PM

Dear Andrew: I do not expect any thanks from people for a sermon, or any other ministry.
Their thanks or lack thereof has absolutely nothing to do with my vocation .

Logos gets thanked with our money- thats what they want, thats how they gauge what the company is doing- they could care less about our thanks.
They cannot take our thanks to the bank, the board room.

Best way to "thank " Logos is to buy more product,

Posts 1113
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:22 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

Like one other poster I live in a culture where we don't drop "pleases" and "thank yous" every 30 seconds, especially when buying things. It took a while to get used to wordlessly handing over your money, taking your package, and leaving, but it does have some advantages. The pleases and thankyous may make for an outwardly more polite society, but woe to you if you miss one, or say it too softly to be heard, or aren't profuse enough with the thanking... the politeness & friendliness can vanish real fast.

That said, I commend FL for a pretty pleasant L7 rollout experience. I guess it's because I followed all the Logos Now happenings in the forums--which, granted, you shouldn't be required to do--but I didn't find the upgrade process confusing at all. Outside of a few hours the first day when it was hard to get into the website, I didn't have any problems finding what I wanted and deciding on an upgrade library. Download and installation went smoothly without a hitch. It definitely was a better experience than with L6.

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:28 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

I don't think anyone was thanking them for making money but rather for the product they produced.

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

I say thank you when I buy electronics, when I am handed a meal in the McDonald's drive-through, and when I am handed the keys to a new car.

For me, "please" and "thank you" are two expressions of my dependence on others so as to survive, or thrive, in this world. 

Thank you to the team who have produced this product and those who are assisting customers to make decisions that are right for them.

And, on another note, Bob I hope that you make a profit and are therefore inspired to keep going.

Posts 3086
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:38 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:
Logos gets thanked with our money- thats what they want, thats how they gauge what the company is doing- they could care less about our thanks.
They cannot take our thanks to the bank, the board room.

Faithlife is people.

You have shown every sign of having forgotten this.

Also, you're wrong about Faithlife not caring about our thanks.

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Thank you, Peter, for the kind words. It's our joy to build products that serve you, and we love to hear what you're enjoying and getting the most value from.

Posts 2078
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 6:39 PM

I am very thankful.  Logos has revolutionized Bible study for me.  I am deeply grateful for this wonderful tool and for the people who thought of it, provide it and keep making it better.

Posts 2103
LogosEmployee

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts. It means a lot to me that I get to play some part in helping you grow in your personal knowledge of God and equipping you to share God's word with others.

Posts 1839
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 9:34 PM

Let's not assume only guys works at Faithlife.

Posts 1501
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 9:38 PM

Stephen Terlizzi:

Sarel Slabbert:

Stephen Terlizzi:

Josh:

I sometimes wonder what some of the great theological minds of history (Augustine, Jerome, Luther, Calvin, Spurgeon, Moody, Barth, etc.) would have accomplished if they had access to Logos.

Or even Albert, Aquinas, Anselm, Scotus, Liguori, Newman, Chesterton, Garrigou-Lagrange, Rahner, von Hildebrand, etc.  Wink

Agape,

Steve

Perhaps they would have written less, playing with all the different Logos features would keep them too busy  Stick out tongueBig Smile 

Christian follower: Augustine, how is the defense against the Manichaeans coming? Sad

Augustine: Yeah...yeah...it's coming. But, check out how I can search for this Greek lemma across my entire library!   Cool

You guys! lol

Posts 178
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 10:02 PM

I'd like to chime in my thanks too!

The essence of the free market is that both the buyer and the seller are happy with the trade that they made. Some of us are just happier than others. I was an observer at a software company for a number of years and I can vouch for how much work goes into good software, the long hours, etc, the blood, sweat and tears (sometimes literally).

I appreciate a job well done.

In addition, Faithlife customer service has always met my needs, at considerable expense to the company. I am very thankful for that. Really there is no company I know of that has treated me better than Faithlife.

I remember complaining about not having the NIVRI one time, and within a month or two, it was done. It may have been a coincidence, but still, they made good on their promise.

I really hope Bob is happy, and I hope all those who work at Faithlife are happy with the compensation and perks they get. I want them to continue to produce stellar Bible software and other services until Jesus comes back! Amen?

Posts 178
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 10:07 PM

Sarel Slabbert:

Stephen Terlizzi:

Josh:

I sometimes wonder what some of the great theological minds of history (Augustine, Jerome, Luther, Calvin, Spurgeon, Moody, Barth, etc.) would have accomplished if they had access to Logos.

Or even Albert, Aquinas, Anselm, Scotus, Liguori, Newman, Chesterton, Garrigou-Lagrange, Rahner, von Hildebrand, etc.  Wink

Agape,

Steve

Perhaps they would have written less, playing with all the different Logos features would keep them too busy  Stick out tongueBig Smile 

LOL!! I almost fell off my chair!

Posts 5095
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 10:10 PM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

Is it that you think Logos is some type of ministry and they exist to serve you?

Logos is a business, for profit, your simply wage earners they seek to get money from for a product they create.

I'm just wondering what makes people want to "thank" logos when Im willing to bet no one has even considered the Railroads for being Railroads or the bank for chargi

Thanks, very interested in the responses.

i agree in principal with what Fr. Matheny is saying in regards to Faithlife being a business. And there are some things they do as a business I think they dont do very well, and one thing in particular I find offensive but I will say no more about it in this thread. Neither will I Judge Fr. Matheny for his response here or question his motives. He is clearly disengaged with this FL at the moment and its not for me to berate him because of that. Its something for Bob to take up with him offline. 

However despite these things I to say thank you to the employees of Logos for their efforts in bringing Logos 7 to our desktops, laptops and mobile devices via traditional applications, mobile applications and web applications. And thankyou for giving us a variety of purchasing options and choices in features and books we can purchase. Thanks Bob for your vision and leadership in bringing together a team of people to make this happen. Thanks to the many people behind this product which has enriched my study of the scriptures and challenged me to go  deeper in my study than I might otherwise  have done.  

Page 2 of 4 (70 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS