Multiview - the absolute best feature for me, so far.

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 35 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 507
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:22 AM

I am still browsing through the many new features of L7, but I must say that I am thoroughly enjoying the  Multiview opstion. It is great. Thanks for this one, Logos.

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:32 AM

I agree. That's my favourite feature, too.

Posts 507
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:41 AM

Mark Barnes:

I agree. That's my favourite feature, too.

I love the way I can add a commentary series, like Word Biblical, and no matter where I scroll in the Biblical text, the correct commentary from WBC opens at the correct (as far as it is possible in the layout of the commentary) place. I can also add my Hebrew and Greek Bible and only the correct one will automatically open. Absolute magic Stick out tongue

Posts 1259
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:57 AM

It was one of the main reasons for me to upgrade to Logos 7. Yes

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 12:44 PM

What is and how do you use Multiview?

thanks,

David

Posts 507
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 12:49 PM

David Bailey:

What is and how do you use Multiview?

thanks,

David

Look here https://www.logos.com/logos-pro If you scroll down you will find a video that explains it all. Hope you manage. This is a great feature

Posts 654
David Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 12:51 PM

Thanks for the link Sarel;  I'll take a look.

update:  that's a pretty cool tool.  I'll have to check that out in L7.

David

Posts 1836
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 1:18 PM

David Bailey:

Thanks for the link Sarel;  I'll take a look.

update:  that's a pretty cool tool.  I'll have to check that out in L7.

David

Check out these links:

1. https://community.logos.com/forums/t/115627.aspx
  2. https://www.logos.com/logos-pro/multiview-resources
  3. https://www.logos.com/product/54887/multiview-resources
Posts 3252
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 1:54 PM

Another unexpected benefit of Multiview is that study bible links open in a different pane.

You no longer have to navigate back to the previous content, once you're done reading the linked material.

Posts 506
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 2:22 PM

I agree.  I have just had some fun playing with this feature.  It is very helpful! 

Posts 8973
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 4:54 PM

It certainly is one of my favourite features as well. It would be interesting to hear how different people are using it in their study.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3086
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 5:01 PM

PetahChristian:

Another unexpected benefit of Multiview is that study bible links open in a different pane.

You no longer have to navigate back to the previous content, once you're done reading the linked material.

Oooh, I didn't know that. I like it!

Posts 10223
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 5:36 PM

Since the MultiView dropdown uses any user-edited resource titles and user-edited series names, you can move your most commonly used commentaries or study Bibles to the top of the list.

Use of user-edited resources/series also shows up in the other tools as well.

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:31 PM

How do you guys use this differently than linking various windows together?

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 10223
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 7:58 PM

Most obvious, Cynthia, is the initial resource is the leader; added resources automatically link, and follow the leader. 

So you keep your place in your Bible, while reading your commentaries, etc.  

Not sure why not simply have added leader links.

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 8:28 PM

This is so far my favorite feature I have found in L7. I have my English translation, the Greek and Hebrew, a concise commentary, and 2 of my favorite sets in the multiview. Off to the side I have BDAG or HALOT depending on where I am and to the bottom of that I have a concise dictionary.

Posts 13368
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 27 2016 11:39 PM

Cynthia Tucker:

I create shortcuts in my shortcuts bar so I can access different Bible multiview configurations in one click (people in our church use several different versions, and the 'pulpit bible' is not my preferred version):

• NIV only (personal use)
  • NIV with LHB and SBLGNT (when I need quick access to original languages)
  • NIV with NKJV (when preparing sermons)
  • NKJV with NIV (when preparing sermons and the NKJV is substantially different from NIV)
  • NIV with NKJV, ESV and KJV (a last check so I can see what 90% of congregants will see)

It achieves the same thing as multiple windows linked together, but because I can switch to a different configuration in a single click, it's much, much quicker.

Posts 26764
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 12:46 AM

Cynthia Tucker:

I use it to check the major traditions using the NRSV as the base as it has the broadest content then Dead Sea Scrolls, Masoretic, Targum, LXX, Peshiita, Vulgate . . . (I use translations not original languages) which I save as a shortcut

I also have a shortcut for approved lectionary translations around the world - cheating a bit because of unavailable translations - NABRE, NRSV, RSVCE, NJB

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 28 2016 1:21 AM

Sarel Slabbert:
I love the way I can add a commentary series, like Word Biblical, and no matter where I scroll in the Biblical text, the correct commentary from WBC opens at the correct (as far as it is possible in the layout of the commentary) place. I can also add my Hebrew and Greek Bible and only the correct one will automatically open. Absolute magic Stick out tongue

This fixed the biggest issue I've had with Logos since I first bought L3. Great!

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 11:11 AM

Thanks everyone, but still it seems using Layouts does all of this. I was just trying to figure out Multiview's uniqueness. For example, in what situation would I choose Multiview over Layouts and when would I choose Layouts over Multiview. But I guess I'll have to go and play around with it to see if it makes a difference for me.I did watch the video, but it didn't help.

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Page 1 of 2 (36 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS