Remote control display issues

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 28 2016 1:20 PM

I had trouble with the remote today. I was using the WIFI option if it matters, and tried it with two different Android phone devices and an iPad with the exact same result on each. Everything went fine until we got to the sermon slides. I was able to switch slides without any issue, and did not have any connection issues. When we finished our last song and advanced to our first sermon content slide it appeared normal on the big screen and on the main program preview area of the MacBook. However they were all blank on the remote control device. In addition, the yellow highlight box that appears around the active screen on the remote would disappear randomly. I could get it back temporarily by switching between display modes on the remote. Everything returned to normal after we got through the last sermon slide into the follow-up music area.

Today's presentation is "2016-08-28 Sunday" and I have attached logs for your reference.

Thanks for all you do in making this great tool a reality for us.

0830. 2016-08-28 Proclaim Logs.zip

Posts 690
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2016 9:06 AM

Thanks for the report Michael. Looking at your logs now. Looks like when it got to your sermon, it started failing to generate slide for the remote, due to a mismatched revision. Somehow the remote and the desktop got off of each other. This should never happen however..

I will look into fixing it!

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 1:25 PM

I had an instant replay of this issue during this mornings service. All the symptoms were exactly the same. However, it might be worth mentioning that on both occasions when this happened, the embedded verses would not work either. At places where a Bible verse should be propagated and displayed, only the typed reference enclosed in the double brackets is displayed. 

Proclaim also suffered a hard crash this morning while I was working on my sermon content slide. The proclaim app just disappeared between key strokes. I decided to to reboot the Mac before continuing. After re-booting and restarting Proclaim, the embedded verses would no longer work.

And on a unrelated note. The recording volume seems to decrease after approximately 66 minutes. Today is the first time I have recorded for so long, and by the end of the sermon the recording level had decreased to a point where the pastor can no longer be heard. The sound board was not adjusted after the start of the sermon.

I have attached logs for your reference. Today's presentation is 2016-09-25 Sunday.

As always, thanks for all your hard work in providing us with such an excellent resource.

5381.Proclaim Logs 2016-09-25.zip

Posts 690
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 1:59 PM

Michael Wright:
I had an instant replay of this issue during this mornings service. All the symptoms were exactly the same. However, it might be worth mentioning that on both occasions when this happened, the embedded verses would not work either. At places where a Bible verse should be propagated and displayed, only the typed reference enclosed in the double brackets is displayed. 

Thanks for the update. I will look into this remote issue again. You are up to date on both the desktop app and the mobile app correct?

Michael Wright:
Proclaim also suffered a hard crash this morning while I was working on my sermon content slide. The proclaim app just disappeared between key strokes. I decided to to reboot the Mac before continuing. After re-booting and restarting Proclaim, the embedded verses would no longer work.

Must have been pretty hard as the logs just get cut off. Did you happen to get an Apple Crash Report when it crashed? If you dismissed it you can find them here on your Mac: "~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/“. Easiest way to get there is by hitting cmd+shift+g and entering the path. 

Michael Wright:
the embedded verses would no longer work.

I looked at your logs and it appears that Proclaim was having trouble retrieving the bible content from Biblia.com. I checked with the Biblia team and there were no known outages on Sunday. Could you have a firewall, antivirus, or slow network that could be causing this? Might also explain the issues with the remote.

Michael Wright:
And on a unrelated note. The recording volume seems to decrease after approximately 66 minutes. Today is the first time I have recorded for so long, and by the end of the sermon the recording level had decreased to a point where the pastor can no longer be heard. The sound board was not adjusted after the start of the sermon.

Hmm, this one is odd. Proclaim uses the same, global volume that you can find in System Preferences -> Sound -> Input. If this happens again, it would be interesting to see what you see here.

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 169
Michael Wright | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 27 2016 3:03 PM

Thanks for looking into it Jordan. 

1. Proclaim is up-to-date on the MacBook and the remote app is up-to-date on my Android phone. I have been checking every day for a remote update for the iPad, but have not seen it; it is on version 2.4.1.533. The Proclaim app is not in the list of recent updates. however, the condition was present on both the Android and the iPad.
  2. I did not get a pop-up notification when it crashed Sunday, but did find a crash log for the event. I have attached it for you.
  3. Anything is possible with WIFI, but we did not experience any connectivity issues. We have had connectivity issues from time-to-time, but they normally just cause the remote to completely disconnect from the presentation, and also make the Apple TV unusable. Nothing of the sort happened on either recent occasion when the embedded verses would not work. On the first occasion (several weeks ago) the MacBook was positioned about 20 feet away from the WIFI router, within direct line-of-sight. This past Sunday, the Macbook was positioned no more that two feet from the WIFI router the same shelf. We use an Apple Airport Express WIFI router and the signal bars on the MacBook always indicate a full signal regardless of positioning. In light of your suggestion, I am configuring an additional WIFI device to extend the signal closer to the Apple TV next week, but it won't do anything for the signal where the MacBook resides. I suppose the issue could be the actual speed of the internet service provided by the facility; we are in a rented space. I have never conducted a speed test at this facility.
  4. I remote control Proclaim and our QSC soundboard, and do not normally sit close enough to the MacBook to be able to view the record level indicator. I will make a point of keeping a closer watch on it this next week. I know the level being sent from the board is remaining constant.

5444.Proclaim_2016-09-25-101607_The-Well-2.crash.zip

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS