$10 off Animated High Definition Commentary: Philippians

Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2593
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 1 2016 12:58 AM

I just noticed that you get $10 off the animated commentary if you already own the non-animated one.

https://www.logos.com/product/50323/animated-high-definition-commentary-philippians

Seems like a great deal to me, which as far as I know has not been communicated here before. The non-animated one must have been free at some point, so you might want to check your library whether you already own it, and can make use of this deal.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 7403
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 2:39 AM

I placed my order. I saw the prepub before, but didn't see the $10 off for futute purchase offer. Must be new or I missed it somehow. Thanks for pointing it out.

DAL

Posts 2041
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 3:21 AM

Thanks for highlighting this

Posts 91
John W | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 6:09 AM

How would the animated be a benefit to study? I watched the video.

Posts 7403
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 6:51 AM

John:

How would the animated be a benefit to study? I watched the video.

Instead of reading it you can watch and listen. I see it as an Audio/Video Book. 

DAL

Posts 9250
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 6:54 AM

DAL:

I placed my order. I saw the prepub before, but didn't see the $10 off for futute purchase offer. Must be new or I missed it somehow. Thanks for pointing it out.

DAL

Yes, thanks. I placed my order too. There is a note on the page saying that once the prepub ships a $10 coupon will be applied to the account of those who bought the prepub meaning that it only costs $4.99.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2593
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2016 2:18 AM

@Faithlife it would be good to receive the store credit by tomorrow, so that I can use it on the library expansions introductory deal.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2016 3:28 AM

It would be nice but because of the thirty day return period I would not expect it before that period had expired. Guess we'll have to see what they do.

Jan Krohn:

@Faithlife it would be good to receive the store credit by tomorrow, so that I can use it on the library expansions introductory deal.

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2016 3:28 AM

It would be nice but because of the thirty day return period I would not expect it before that period had expired. Guess we'll have to see what they do.

Jan Krohn:

Posts 10755
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2016 3:44 AM

Bruce Dunning:
There is a note on the page saying that once the prepub ships a $10 coupon will be applied to the account of those who bought the prepub meaning that it only costs $4.99.

I must have missed this back in September....

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 2041
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2016 12:25 PM

So the final price for me was:

Downloadable product: Animated High Definition Commentary: Philippians (SKU: 50577)
Pre-Pub price: $14.99
Sales Tax: $0.90
Today's Total: $15.89

The price quoted on the website is $19.99

If there is $10 off for those (like me) who own the non animated commentary, where is the $10 coupon?  How was it applied?

Posts 22971
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 30 2016 1:08 PM

The coupon is to be made available later. It didn't result in a reduced price for the purchase itself

Posts 133
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 6:50 AM

Thought perhaps this would show automatically on a buyer's next purchase (if I recall correctly, "future purchase" was the original language). However, made purchase today - a few days on from release - and this was not the case. Perhaps credit is to be posted after the 30-day return window on the Animated High Definition Commentary: Philippians. This would make considerable sense.

Happy New Year!

Grace and peace. <>< 

Posts 2041
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 8:21 AM

Robert:
Perhaps credit is to be posted after the 30-day return window on the Animated High Definition Commentary: Philippians. This would make considerable sense.

Sure hope that is not the case. 

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 11:30 AM

Mark:

Robert:
Perhaps credit is to be posted after the 30-day return window on the Animated High Definition Commentary: Philippians. This would make considerable sense.

It makes complete sense to me.  I would not expect the coupon while the return period is in play.

Posts 133
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 11:34 AM

Mark:

Agreed...hopefully just a brief delay due to the holiday week as ship date. 

Grace and peace. <><

Posts 7403
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 11:51 AM
Disciple of Christ (doc):

Mark:

Robert:

It makes complete sense to me.  I would not expect the coupon while the return period is in play.

Thank you, DoC! At least someone has common sense. It'd be nice to get $10 bucks now and then all of the sudden not like the resource and return it while getting to keep $10 bucks, right Mark and Robert? Wow, you'd have to be really miserable to think like that -- shame, shame! BTW, I'm not saying that you do think like that, but why else wouldn't you be willing to wait for the 30 day return period to be over and then get your $10 bucks? I think it's fair if Logos waits to protect themselves from thieves who would dare to pull such a stunt like that 😁And no, I'm not calling anybody a thief only those who would be miserable enough to want $10 bucks and then turn around and return the resource after they spend the $10 bucks...lovely 😬 DAL
Posts 7403
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 12:11 PM
Robert:

Mark:

Agreed...hopefully just a brief delay due to the holiday week as ship date. 

Grace and peace. <><

LOL you went from having considerable common sense to having none at all! How disappointing!
Posts 133
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 3:22 PM

DAL:
Disciple of Christ (doc):

Mark:

Robert:

Thank you, DoC! At least someone has common sense. It'd be nice to get $10 bucks now and then all of the sudden not like the resource and return it while getting to keep $10 bucks, right Mark and Robert? Wow, you'd have to be really miserable to think like that -- shame, shame! BTW, I'm not saying that you do think like that, but why else wouldn't you be willing to wait for the 30 day return period to be over and then get your $10 bucks? I think it's fair if Logos waits to protect themselves from thieves who would dare to pull such a stunt like that 😁And no, I'm not calling anybody a thief only those who would be miserable enough to want $10 bucks and then turn around and return the resource after they spend the $10 bucks...lovely 😬 DAL

Wow... Tongue Tied that is truly harsh, DAL- and your next post is no more charitable. How might one answer you? Sorry such a polite, low-key discussion (including you, earlier) set you off so. You have reminded me in part why my 3-year forum history is only about a hundred posts. 

In the end (as Mark and I made clear), exactly when we get a Logos credit is not important. Duly chastened for dabbling in the minutiae of life, I will get back to things that are. 

The Lord bless and keep you all. 

Posts 7403
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 2 2017 3:40 PM
Dear Robert you and Mark didn't make clear that the credit was not important; the only thing you guys made clear was that you both are desperate for $10 bucks (at least that's how you guys came across). If the credit is not important why can't you guys wait 'til the 30 day return policy expires to keep any of you from being tempted to return the resource after you spent the $10 credit? Anyway, why can't you guys wait? You seemed to be ok at first, but then you were hoping that would not be the case. I'm not accusing anybody of anything, I was replying in a way that would help you guys see how desperate you guys came across over a $10 bucks credit. If the shoe doesn't fit, then don't wear it 😜
Page 1 of 2 (28 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS