Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 1 2016 7:04 PM

Logos Now currently includes NT156 which is a resource it seems Logos often uses as a sample, and is one of the cheaper Mobile Ed courses. The members page gives the impression this addition is not permanent. Has the Mobile ed course included been switched in the past? Does Faithlife give advance warning when this happens? I like the way this is handled with the Mobile Ed subscription, with it both being said clearly when a course is pulled, and when it will come back.

Posts 1076
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 7:20 PM

Hi Johan

If you look at this link it will show you history of the monthly access to past resources.

https://www.logos.com/now-preview-resources 

They have not turned off access to this resource yet, and we had this for the month of Aug.

But access to this looks like it may not be a one month only thing.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 7:28 PM

Does this mean this resource was new in August?

Posts 1076
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 1 2016 7:42 PM

I think it was that is when I had access to it.

I made a layout for the resource for study on Aug 9th.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 10547
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 4:31 AM

Johan Leirvik:
Logos Now currently includes NT156 which is a resource it seems Logos often uses as a sample

The Now Members' Only page  Now Members indicates that this is permanent

Advance your theological education without leaving home. Logos Now members get access to select Mobile Ed content at no extra cost! Currently members can take Mobile Ed: NT156 The Significance of the Resurrection—featuring Douglas J. Moo, Ben Witherington, Elyse Fitzpatrick, Darrell L. Bock, and other scholars. This course is automatically added to your library as part of a Logos Now membership.

If I remember correctly, that course merely consists of excerpts from other courses.

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 4:57 AM

Jack Caviness:
The Now Members' Only page  Now Members indicates that this is permanent

Jack, by permanent do you mean as in "a permanent addition to our libraries"? To me it seems like the text leaves some room for interpretation in this regard, but it seems pretty clear that other courses will be available later.

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 5:34 AM

Sorry! I think I found the answer to my own question.

Would still be nice to know a little bit more about the timeline here though.

Posts 10547
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 6:16 AM

Johan Leirvik:
Sorry! I think I found the answer to my own question.

Seems that I was mistaken—Sorry for the misinformation.

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 7:19 AM

No worries Jack, I appreciate you taking the time. I feel, however that the most natural interpretation of the phrase "added to your library" were yours and wish Logos in this case as well could be clearer that it is temporary. To me it just seemed a bit too good to be true:-)

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 6:07 PM

So, Faithlife people, could you comment on the timeline here. How often do you plan to switch the Mobile ed course in LN? When you switch courses, how long in advance will you warn us.

Those who has the Mobile Ed subscription get a 2 week warning. It also seems like you are very clear on when a course can be expected back, which is a good thing.

Posts 3044
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 7:27 PM

Johan Leirvik:
So, Faithlife people, could you comment on the timeline here. How often do you plan to switch the Mobile ed course in LN? When you switch courses, how long in advance will you warn us.

See the Members page.

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 7:43 PM

SineNomine:

See the Members page.

Thanks! Maybe it's something I'm  missing, but I can't see the answers to my concrete questions on that page, which has more general info on the inclusion of a course along with info on the current course offered

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 8:05 AM

bump

Johan Leirvik:

Those who has the Mobile Ed subscription get a 2 week warning. It also seems like you are very clear on when a course can be expected back, which is a good thing.

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 17 2016 3:46 AM

double bump

Johan Leirvik:

Posts 263
LogosEmployee
Celeste Fiorillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 2 2016 8:48 AM

Sorry for the delay.

The Mobile Ed course will be switched out at the end of the year. I've updated www.logos.com/now-members to reflect that. 

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 2 2016 10:33 PM

Thank you for your reply, a bit late, yes, but exactly the kind of reply I was hoping for. Does this mean these courses will be switched fairly regularly in the future as well (fairly regularly, every 6 months - every year.)

Now I guess I better get started on that course :-)

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS