Got Logos 7 -- Nothing changed :(

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 41
Manuel Brambila | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 2 2016 2:53 AM

Hi,

Downloaded and installed the upgrade to 7. But nothing has changed in my screen. It all looks and feels the same, even if there were added some resources and additional books. 

But in my layout and the use of Logos, all is the same. 

In the promo videos I've seen, it looks so different--better. 

Any thoughts?

Manuel 

Posts 3658
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 3:06 AM

When you turn Logos on, does it show Logos 7 on the splash screen (you can also look in the About section from the help icon)?

There is no cosmetic change from the latest 6 version to 7. You should not expect to see a different desktop or a different feel. Sometimes demo videos look different for different reasons (e.g., whether it was done on Windows or Mac, screen resolution, etc.). 

Provided that what you downloaded and installed includes new features and resources (base package? feature set?) you should be able to see new features under the Tools menu and the new resources in the library.

Posts 1098
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 3:07 AM

They made no changes to the user interface. 

They have their reasons as to why they think it was best not to. 

If you have logos now you have the full 7 experience. If you have the full feature set,  nearly so. 

Posts 8
Ryan Riley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 5:01 AM

I dont see the new features, such as Sermon Editor or the NT Use of the OT interactive.

Posts 986
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 2 2016 5:06 AM

Ryan Riley:

I dont see the new features, such as Sermon Editor or the NT Use of the OT interactive.

Did you buy a L7 Library (base package) by itself, or did you include a Full Feature Set? If you didn't buy the Feature Set you didn't really upgrade to L7, as the libraries don't include the new features but only new resources. 

To get the new features you either need a Full Feature Set or a subscription to Logos Now.

Hope that helps!

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 5:44 AM

Nothing changed for me either, no new tools- nothing, just says I have logos 7.
I paid for full feature set.
But hey, if we will pay rent now, we can get the keys.
You buy it, but you also have to rent it- both. 

Posts 499
SteveHD | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 5:47 AM

So under Tools you do not see Bible Browser (for instance)?

Posts 21867
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 5:48 AM

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

If you bought the full feature set you should have access to a set of tools and capabilities you didn't have in Logos 6.

Please start a new thread and explain what you purchased - was it only FFS or something else as well - and what are you expecting to see that you aren't seeing

Posts 21867
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 5:49 AM

SHotchkiss:

So under Tools you do not see Bible Browser (for instance)?

Bible Browser is included with a Logos Now membership - not as part of FFS

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 5:57 AM

Graham Criddle:

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

If you bought the full feature set you should have access to a set of tools and capabilities you didn't have in Logos 6.

Please start a new thread and explain what you purchased - was it only FFS or something else as well - and what are you expecting to see that you aren't seeing

He's done that already: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/129849.aspx

Posts 927
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 11:12 AM

Yasmin Stephen:

Graham Criddle:

Fr. Charles R. Matheny:

He's done that already: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/129849.aspx

I've read that thread and still have trouble understanding the issue. If something is not valuable to me, I return it and get a refund.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 11:25 AM

Bill Moore:

I've read that thread and still have trouble understanding the issue. If something is not valuable to me, I return it and get a refund.

Same here!! Have read it (and his other, similar posts) more than once, and nothing has changed - I'm still very confused as to what he bought and what he got (or didn't get, as the case may be)  Confused

Posts 350
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 9:52 AM

Update: 
Manuel, Ryan, and Fr. Charles have each been assisted by Customer Service.

For any future readers of this thread:
If Logos 7 doesn't seem to have any new features after your purchase, please ensure you have automatic updates turned on under Tools>Program Settings>Automatically Download Updates: Yes (Midnight-Midnight). 
You may need to restart the Logos application once or twice for all updates to take effect. 

If you need any further assistance, please contact our support team at 1-800-875-6467.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 757
Fr. Charles R. Matheny | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 2:56 PM

I bought the full upgrade as I was instructed was my best path to all tools when talking to sales on the phone- not nuts, had phone conversation with sales.
as yet, I do not see the Tools in my software shown in the videos- nothing hard or confusing about that.

That said- Last reboot I did get some little icons in the biblical texts but, thats about it.

Currently be conservative using it as it locks up my Macbook Pro on shutdown.
Waiting for service release for that so I don't have to do hard shutdown on Macbook each time.

My "best guess" on the tools is I just got some strange corruption of install or exe files when servers were hammered.

Blessings.

Posts 927
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 8:07 PM

Sorry to read about locking up your MBP on shutdown, Charles. I run mine on  a 2012 retina MBP, typically without issue. Hope it gets straightened out. 

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 1699
JoshInRI | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 8:53 PM

My reaction to the original post above that I just read is this single word....

Gasp!

Now followed by this earnest reply...thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS