Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 26 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 350
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 29 2016 1:41 PM

Announcement: release of this feature has been delayed to 7.2. Updated original post accordingly.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 1007
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 1 2016 10:39 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Announcement: release of this feature has been delayed to 7.2. Updated original post accordingly.

Does this mean this feature it will eventually be provided to anyone with Logos 7 and a morphologically tagged Greek New Testament, without purchasing Logos Now?

Posts 7983
LogosEmployee

Harry Hahne:

Does this mean this feature it will eventually be provided to anyone with Logos 7 and a morphologically tagged Greek New Testament, without purchasing Logos Now?

No; as per the original post it is still part of the Cloud Feature Set and only available via subscription.

Adam's post is announcing that it will be available in 7.2 (at the earliest) rather than in 7.1 (as originally planned).

Posts 2041
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2016 12:50 AM

Graham Criddle:
and will require Internet access to work

This is going to leave some of us out.  

Posts 21867
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2016 12:56 AM

Gao Lu:

Graham Criddle:
and will require Internet access to work

This is going to leave some of us out.  

Understood

Adam explained the reason for it in his first post in this thread

"The new morph search engine requires large databases, so it is an online service. Queries are constructed and saved locally as documents, which must contact the remote server via the Internet to execute the query and retrieve results, which are shown within the current Morph Search panel."

Posts 1007
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2016 3:19 AM

How do you use it?

Create a document that is then attached to an instance of the Morph Search panel. The document defines the search, and the Search panel shows the results.

1. Go to Documents | New | Morph Query to create a new document.

2. Specify your query in the document as described above. (It’s strongly suggested that you give it a name.)

3. Open a Search panel and choose the Morph search type.

4. Click on the down-pointing triangle at the left side of the morph input box (by launch this will be a grid-like icon) and choose the document you just made.

I do not have the option for Morph Query in the Documents menu. I also do not see the down-pointing triangle at the left side of the morph input box.

I have Logos 7.1 and am subscribed to Logos Now. I am on the beta channel.

Is there anything I need to do to make this show up as an option?

Posts 375
Clint Cozier | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2016 3:33 AM

They have removed it from the beta builds for now. I assume having made the decision to polish 7.1 for release, it will reappear when the beta is more experimental. 

Page 2 of 2 (27 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS