Zondervan 6 at 60

Page 3 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 67 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 7748
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 5:17 AM

Erik:

DAL:

Is NIVAC on Revelation amillennial or premillennial?

DAL

Keener is premillennial.

Thanks Erik! I took the plunge on NIDOTTE, NIDNTTE, Atlas (nice quality pictures) and another L7 upgrade. NIVAC NT can wait, I really don't need them now and Zondervan has put them on sale like 3 or 4 times so I'm sure they'll be on sale in the future. 

NIDNTTE great price, and lower than prepub and the other sale they had. I may go for the old version too when it goes on sale.

DAL

Posts 4286
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 7:44 AM

Erik:

DAL:

Is NIVAC on Revelation amillennial or premillennial?

DAL

Keener is premillennial.

It's been a while since I looked through his commentary but I remember him taking an eclectic approach and not really sitting on one position too heavily. I could be wrong though

Posts 4286
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 7:55 AM

I was wrong. Premillennial. Sorry

Posts 3907
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 8:13 AM

Stephen Terlizzi:

Friedrich:

NB.Mick:
I'm still sitting on the fence for NIDNTTE and ZEB

I got ZEB, but found it not too hot, already having ISBE, AYBD etc.  Occasionally an article is good, or clearly written, but not really helpful if you have the other ones.  I think I got it more for the image files . . . that said, it is better than the old Zondervan Pictorial.

Hi all,

I have ISBE, AYBD and the IVP NT dictionaries as well as my Catholic Bible Encyclopedia. I am wondering if I will gain anything from the ZEB over what I already have. Would it be better to invest the $89 for two of the IVP OT dictionaries? I am planning to pickup up the Zondervan atlas, Mounce dictionary, and New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis.

Any advice?

Agape,

Steve

Steve, I think you would be much better served getting the IVP dictionaries.  Highly regarded and more in depth, certainly, than ZEB...they will certainly offer you something different than ZEB.  Just no images.  Wink

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 7748
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 8:38 AM

Mattillo:

I was wrong. Premillennial. Sorry

Yes, and I think somewhere in his commentary he says there can  only be 2 possibilities -- premillennial or amillennial. He chooses the premillennial one.

DAL

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 8:53 AM
Thanks for highlighting this, Allen. I've just picked up the Atlas, and may add ZEB before the end of the sale. Blessings
Posts 202
Stephen Terlizzi | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 9:19 AM

Friedrich:

Stephen Terlizzi:

Friedrich:

NB.Mick:
I'm still sitting on the fence for NIDNTTE and ZEB

I got ZEB, but found it not too hot, already having ISBE, AYBD etc.  Occasionally an article is good, or clearly written, but not really helpful if you have the other ones.  I think I got it more for the image files . . . that said, it is better than the old Zondervan Pictorial.

Hi all,

I have ISBE, AYBD and the IVP NT dictionaries as well as my Catholic Bible Encyclopedia. I am wondering if I will gain anything from the ZEB over what I already have. Would it be better to invest the $89 for two of the IVP OT dictionaries? I am planning to pickup up the Zondervan atlas, Mounce dictionary, and New International Dictionary of Old Testament Theology and Exegesis.

Any advice?

Agape,

Steve

Steve, I think you would be much better served getting the IVP dictionaries.  Highly regarded and more in depth, certainly, than ZEB...they will certainly offer you something different than ZEB.  Just no images.  Wink

That's exactly what I am thinking. Much thanks for the confirmation.

Agape,

Steve

Posts 75
Bryce Hufford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 11:14 AM

I'm interested in the atlas.  The resource I already own that I believe looks the closest to the Zondervan Atlas is the the Holman Bible Atlas.  Does anyone have both that can comment on the value of adding the Zondervan Atlas to my collection. 

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 12:41 PM

Bryce Hufford:

I'm interested in the atlas.  The resource I already own that I believe looks the closest to the Zondervan Atlas is the the Holman Bible Atlas.  Does anyone have both that can comment on the value of adding the Zondervan Atlas to my collection. 

It's a good atlas and has a lot of large images and nice looking charts and maps.  I've been playing with both the Zondervan and Holman atlases, and find that they are comparable in quality.  Some times one will have a map or chart the other one doesn't.  ZAB's images are larger and the maps are slightly more refined.   On the other hand, I was surprised that the ZAB doesn't have a map of the Exodus route(s), but HBA does.  ZAB does has a nice map of the Sinai area and the text talks about some possibilities but also the uncertainly of the route.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 81
Kevin Wang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 1:11 PM

Great review. Hit all the points I was concerned about. Thank you for linking it!

Paul Strickert:

Detailed (and IMO helpful) review of NIDNTTE here:  https://rbecs.org/2015/06/17/nidntte/

Posts 75
Bryce Hufford | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 4 2016 2:04 PM

Todd Phillips:

Bryce Hufford:

It's a good atlas and has a lot of large images and nice looking charts and maps.  I've been playing with both the Zondervan and Holman atlases, and find that they are comparable in quality.  Some times one will have a map or chart the other one doesn't.  ZAB's images are larger and the maps are slightly more refined.   On the other hand, I was surprised that the ZAB doesn't have a map of the Exodus route(s), but HBA does.  ZAB does has a nice map of the Sinai area and the text talks about some possibilities but also the uncertainly of the route.

Thanks for the reply, that is helpful.  Sounds like there is enough differences for both resources to be complimentary.

Posts 134
Ted Harms | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 9:09 AM

I looked at the preview of Mounce's dictionary. It seems to be arranged alphabetically. How would one search a book like this? Will it give results on a Strong's number search? Would it be referenced with Bible Word studies? Thanks 

Posts 1028
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 11:57 AM

Ted, it should be referenced when you do a bible word study in your guides section. 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/therealkpang

Posts 4286
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 12:23 PM

Posts 4286
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 12:23 PM

Posts 7748
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 6:56 PM

Ted Harms:

I looked at the preview of Mounce's dictionary. It seems to be arranged alphabetically. How would one search a book like this? Will it give results on a Strong's number search? Would it be referenced with Bible Word studies? Thanks 

If your Bible has a word that's contained in the dictionary it will appear in Bible Word study guide  but not in the exegetical guide. At least on my iPhone, haven't tried it on my laptop yet. Nice resource and very cheap!

DAL

Posts 202
Stephen Terlizzi | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 8:54 PM

DAL:

Ted Harms:

If your Bible has a word that's contained in the dictionary it will appear in Bible Word study guide  but not in the exegetical guide. At least on my iPhone, haven't tried it on my laptop yet. Nice resource and very cheap!

DAL

It is in my exegetical guide. See attached screen capture.

Agape,

Steve

Posts 8
Donovan Neufeldt | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2016 11:57 AM

He is pre-mil, post-trib I think. I highly recommend anything by Keener, He is an incredible scholar. Seriously, who but him can write a 5000 page commentary on one book of the Bible?

Posts 7748
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2016 3:19 PM

Donovan Neufeldt:

He is pre-mil, post-trib I think. I highly recommend anything by Keener, He is an incredible scholar. Seriously, who but him can write a 5000 page commentary on one book of the Bible?

I'll check him out on some key passages later since I went ahead and purchased the NIVAC NT set. I figured it's cheap now and since I need the volume on Matthew and that one alone is $41.99, I'd rather pay $179.99 for 20 volumes than $41.99 for just one.

DAL

Posts 1394
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 9 2016 5:44 PM

Donovan Neufeldt:

who but him can write a 5000 page commentary on one book of the Bible?

WOW....that's crazy! Crazy! 

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Page 3 of 4 (68 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS