Where are all my Features gone?

Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3349
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 6 2016 4:50 AM

I bought L7 Bronze and thought there all L7 Features in. My Logos Now stooped today and all my Features are gone with them??? What happend...

Sascha

Posts 3349
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 4:53 AM

Posts 2081
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 4:57 AM

Sasha,

When you bought L7 Bronze, while your subscription to Logos Now was valid, you only bought the resources.  The feature set had an * next to it with the words this is included in your Logos Now membership.  Once you stop the Logos Now membership the features go away.  

There have been several post about this. 

Posts 3349
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 5:02 AM

The Guy I ask at the Chat sayed that this is not the Case...so than I have to buy the Feature Set extra, or sine up for LN again?

Posts 1862
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 5:58 AM

Sascha John:
so than I have to buy the Feature Set extra, or sine up for LN again?
Right—and unfortunately, if you had bought the Feature Set while still on Logos Now you would have gotten a 25% discount. 

Sascha John:
The Guy I ask at the Chat sayed that this is not the Case..

Perhaps the guy on the chat misunderstood. He probably thought you were intending to stay on Logos Now, in which case, you would not need the Feature Set.

If you want to just buy the Feature Set (and not sign up for Logos Now), I would get in contact with Faithlife and explain what happened, perhaps they will still give you the 25% discount.

Posts 3349
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 6:23 AM

thanks Levi

Posts 3349
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 7:02 AM

So, what do I have here? Logos 6? If I would give back Bronze would it be a Change, I had Gold before

Posts 1862
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 7:26 AM

Sascha John:
So, what do I have here? Logos 6?

Find "About Logos Bible Software" on your menus (on the Mac, it's on the Logos menu on the left; on Windows, it might be on the Help menu). That will tell you what you have. I suspect you still have the Logos 7 engine, just without the additional features.

You don't have to give back Bronze (unless you want to). What you bought were more books, and you can still use them.

As I see it, you have three choices:

1. Buy the Feature Set (and you should contact Faithlife and explain what happened so you get the 25% discount)

2. Subscribe to Logos Now for another year.

3. Continue without the additional features.

EDIT: You can also keep or return the Bronze library you bought, but that has nothing to do with the features. It is just books.

Posts 3349
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 8:00 AM

Levi thanks

Two for me (spend more Money is no Option right now)

1. Give back Bronze (around 58$) to buy more Books

2. stay with Bronze (it was cheap) and get on the Dynamic Price in Future

Gues 2 is the better Choice

Posts 519
Sarel Slabbert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 9:06 AM

Sascha John:

I bought L7 Bronze and thought there all L7 Features in. My Logos Now stooped today and all my Features are gone with them??? What happend...

Sascha

This is exactly my worry about subscribing to LN.

Posts 31278
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 1:18 PM

Sarel Slabbert:

Sascha John:

. . . My Logos Now stooped today and all my Features are gone with them??? What happend...

Sascha

This is exactly my worry about subscribing to LN.

Clarification: not all features - you still have L6 and preceding features. You only lost L7/L6 Now features

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 2:31 PM

Now all of you me somewhat concerned.  I just finished updating from L6 Gold to L7 Bronze and am currently downloading the additional books.

I was under impression I am getting all the L7 features....am I not?   I do not have the online membership and am not interested in having it.

If the only difference I am getting is 70 more books, I may want to revert back to L6 gold.

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 31278
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 2:45 PM

It depends upon whether or not you purchased a feature set. If you were not a Logos Now member, the system would not have assumed that you already had it.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2523
LogosEmployee

Chuck P.:

Now all of you me somewhat concerned.  I just finished updating from L6 Gold to L7 Bronze and am currently downloading the additional books.

I was under impression I am getting all the L7 features....am I not?   I do not have the online membership and am not interested in having it.

If the only difference I am getting is 70 more books, I may want to revert back to L6 gold.

Chuck, you purchased the Full Feature Set. You have permanent ownership of the feature you got with Logos 7. This thread is talking about people who were Logos Now subscribers.

Posts 26364
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 2:49 PM

Chuck P.:

I was under impression I am getting all the L7 features.

If you also ordered a Feature Set it will show in your Order History

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 350
Chuck P. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 2:56 PM

Well, thanks so much...I pulled up my order history and it does include the full feature set, so I guess I'm ok.   Sent an email to tech support though...when I click on the ? mark and then click the about software section, it says I still own Logos 6 Gold...oh well.

Faithlife is beginning to get so confusing when it was so simple to upgrade and knew exactly what you were getting...I do some work offline so I don't see how the online membership helps me at all.

Chuck

Laptop: Lenovo P580 - 15.6" IdeaPad Laptop
 - 6GB Memory - 750GB Hard Drive - Windows 7
 Iphone5s            Logos 7, Bronze

Posts 26364
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 3:06 PM

Chuck P.:
when I click on the ? mark and then click the about software section, it says I still own Logos 6 Gold...oh well.

You should ignore the About list and trust your Order History! About... has been misleading since at least Logos 6, two years ago; despite many complaints.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3349
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 5:07 PM

Chuck there was miscommunication with me as Logos Now Member, Normal Buyers get it all like ever.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS