Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 8
Micah Brookhart | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 6 2016 12:02 PM

When we record audio sermons on Proclaim we are having issues part way through some of the recordings.  It is not consistent as to when in the recording but at times the voice will change and becomes deep and distorted.  Usually the audio will be fine for about 20mins and then the distortion ruins the rest of the recording. 

Any help?

Thank you. 

Posts 676
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 12:06 PM

Sorry about this. Could you grab us your logs from the machine you record on? You can follow the instructions here

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 676
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 12:51 PM

Hello, Micah, 

I am not seeing any OnAir sessions in these logs. Are these from the computer that you presented with?

Jordan Sjodin

Posts 8
Micah Brookhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 1:39 PM

No sorry.  I will send them with the presentation computer. 

Posts 8
Micah Brookhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 2:21 PM

Posts 8
Micah Brookhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 6 2016 3:03 PM

There is also a wav file but it crashes when I try to upload.

Thanks

Posts 676
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 9:09 AM

Do you mean Proclaim crashed or the forums crashed? I checked your logs and nothing stood out. I will look into how we record on Windows to see if there is something wrong in there.

Could it be that this is not Proclaim, but rather the audio source? Any way to check if the audio coming in is bad, or rather, if something changes about 20 minutes in that could cause this?

Posts 8
Micah Brookhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 7 2016 10:18 AM

Hey Jordan.  I meant the forums crashed when I tried to upload a wav file from the proclaim logs.  That is why I sent each file individually instead of the zip. 

It is strange because the audio comes in fine and then corrupts randomly throughout the recording.  And it doesn't happen every time. 

Here is an example at the 27 minute mark.  https://soundfaith.com/sermons/143276-august-21

We record from a digital board (Allen/Heath Qu-24) via USB cable to windows laptop.  Nothing is changed during recording at it happens randomly in the recording and not all recording get corrupted.

We get frustrated because sometimes it will record perfectly and sometimes it gets corrupted. 

Thanks Jordan

Posts 676
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 8 2016 8:54 AM

Sounds very frustrating. I’ll see what I can do on my end.

But I just had another thought, instead of using USB could you try using a RCA -> 3.5mm cable to run to a line-in on your PC? Perhaps taking away the digital component would yield better results?

Posts 8
Micah Brookhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 10 2017 12:24 PM

Hey Jordan,

Still having issues with recording.  Can you help with anything or heard of others with the same problems?

Posts 14
Chris Booth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 22 2017 11:33 PM

We are having these same issues.

CB

Posts 676
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 22 2017 11:44 PM

Chris, we changed Proclaim since this to store some extra files from audio recordings  I'll send you an Email with some instructions on how to find where they are. Hopefully we will find you recording intact. 

Sorry for the inconvenience.

- Jordan

Posts 1
Remlik Wesleyan Church | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 26 2018 3:45 PM

We are having the same issues with distortion, speeding up or slowing down while talking. From what I read this issue was suppose to be fixed. 

here is this past Sundays recordings.

https://faithlife.com/posts/1261927

Posts 354
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 27 2018 10:36 AM

Hello Remlik Wesleyan Church,

Would you be able to send us some log files from Proclaim?  You can grab them by going to Help > Save Log files, and e-mailing them to us at proclaimsupport@faithlife.com

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS