Adrian Rogers Sermons

Page 1 of 4 (74 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 73 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6743
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 10 2016 4:41 PM

When could we see Adrian Rogers' sermons available in Logos? I'm feeling tempted to buy them from WS as they are on sale now. I'm sure his sermons would hit the production line fast, unlike Mattoon's "commentaries/sermons.

DAL

Posts 9118
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2016 5:20 PM

We've requested these before, and heard second-hand that the publisher seemed to be very willing to make them available.

We haven't heard a word from Faithlife on this.

I'd certainly want to own them.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2016 5:43 PM

Yes

Posts 6743
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2016 5:53 PM

Mark Smith:

We've requested these before, and heard second-hand that the publisher seemed to be very willing to make them available.

We haven't heard a word from Faithlife on this.

I hope FL makes a move fast, I'd rather own these than Johnny Mac's sermons. I'm really looking forward to having Adrian Rogers in my Logos library, along with Carson's sermon archive. 👍👌 

I hope some one from FL can comment on this. I'd rather pay Logos instead of WS.

Posts 1578
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 10 2016 8:14 PM

Adrian Rogers is one of the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts 1083
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2016 6:28 AM

I have been collected his sermons by podcast for the past six years. before i left the USA to go to the field I would listen to on radio.

His sermons were old but they always spoke to current issues. He was a very good Pastor.

I would also love to have them in Logos.

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 105
William M. Harper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2016 11:45 AM

I used to watch his ' Love Worth Finding ' program every Sunday when he was still alive. He was a great preacher! One of the best I have heard since I have been a Christian. I would like to have them in Logos too but I know they will be expensive. It is on WS.

Posts 2832
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2016 12:12 PM

Adrian Rogers was truly a great preacher of God's Word. In addition, his ability for alliteration is a marvel.  With some preachers, like me, that might have come across artificial, but it was so natural for him that it worked amazingly.

HIs confidence in the authority of God's Word was an inspiration.  And he was a humble man, as well.

Yes, we need these sermons.  Even a Methodist says so.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 264
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2016 12:21 PM

I would be among the first in line to purchase those sermons. Adrian Rogers might be the best pulpiteer of the 20th century. In 2003, I had the opportunity to spend three days with him - along with several other young pastors. He cleared his calendar and invested three days with us. Interestingly, he did not talk at all about "how to have a big church" or "how we do it at Bellevue" but rather he exclusively talked to us about three things:  being a Godly husband and father, our personal walk with Christ, and expository preaching. It was three of the best days of my life. Not a day goes by that I don't think of something said on one of those three days. The life he lived makes his words more powerful.

Posts 27980
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2016 12:57 PM

Since I'd never heard of Adrian Rogers I couldn't resist:

Top Ten Greatest Preachers of 20th Century

Michael Duduit, Editor, Preaching

1)      James S. Stewart (1896-1990)

2)      Billy Graham (1918- )

3)      George Buttrick (1892-1980)

4)      Martin Luther King, Jr. (1929-1968)

5)      Harry Emerson Fosdick (1878-1969)

6)      Campbell Morgan (1863-1945)

7)      William Edwin Sangster (1900-1960)

8)      John R.W. Stott (1921- )

9)      D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones (1899-1981)

10)   Clarence Macartney (1879-1957)

11)  Leslie Weatherhead

12)  George W. Truett

13)  R.G. Lee

14)  Norman Vincent Peale

15)  Peter Marshall

16)  E. Stanley Jones

17)  Donald Grey Barnhouse

18)  Ralph Sockman

19)  W.A. Criswell

20)  Gardner C. Taylor

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 910
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2016 1:02 PM

MJ, Adrian Rogers was one of the leaders of the Southern Bapist Concention (along with Charles Stanley and WA Criswell) who led the conservative resurgence. A sermon which represents why he is beloved by so many is Flawed Appetites and Fatal Attractions.

I bought his sermon archive in WordSearch and use it occasionally. I would use it more for the content, but WordSearch is so difficult to navigate that I get frustrated. His illustrations alone are worth the price.If I had them in Logos, I would read the sermons to tag the stories.

Posts 520
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2016 2:27 PM

DAL:
I'm feeling tempted to buy them from WS as they are on sale now.

DAL, are you saying the $350 is the sale price? It's not, that's the everyday price. They were on sale last Christmas for $199.

Posts 520
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2016 2:32 PM

MJ. Smith:

MJ, Adrian Rogers succeeded #13, R.G Lee at Bellvue Baptist Church when Lee died. 

Posts 6743
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2016 2:50 PM

David P. Moore:

DAL:
I'm feeling tempted to buy them from WS as they are on sale now.

DAL, are you saying the $350 is the sale price? It's not, that's the everyday price. They were on sale last Christmas for $199.

$199 sale price. You have to call in to pay full price or 3 payments of $67. The sale is taking place to honor him for his birthday September 12 and it ends  September 26th.

DAL

Posts 1223
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 11 2016 7:09 PM

Mark Smith:

Me too!!!

From what I understood, there wasn't an official publisher for this resource right now. The family is actually selling this sermon archive set themselves, from what I understand. If that's correct, that's all the more reason why faithlife would want to connect with them.

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 450
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2016 1:12 AM

Thanks everyone for the illuminating conversation in this thread. Personally, I'd never heard of Adrian Rogers and this encouraged me to look him up on the internet!  Some speakers would of course be better known in the US rather than to those of us who live elsewhere, but there is always benefit in the sharing of knowledge. Keep well Paul     

Posts 520
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2016 7:42 AM

DAL:
The sale is taking place to honor him for his birthday

Thanks, DAL, I see it now.

Posts 2832
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2016 8:19 AM

David P. Moore:

MJ. Smith:

MJ, Adrian Rogers succeeded #13, R.G Lee at Bellvue Baptist Church when Lee died. 

Actually, Adrian Rogers followed Dr. Ramsey Pollard, who followed Dr. R. G. Lee.  Dr. Adrian Rogers led historic Bellevue Baptist for 35 years.  He was a major figure in American Christianity.  He was a good friend of Dr. Billy Graham, and most of the major Christian leaders of his day.  His expositions of Scripture were clear, easily understood, well illustrated, and very insightful.

I was a young Methodist preacher in the Memphis area when Dr. Rogers was in his prime.  I occasionally saw him making hospital calls.  I was impressed with how humble and friendly he was despite his fame.  He was the real deal.  And that voice he had was marvelous - a perfect preacher voice.  He was a gifted man.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 160
Dennis Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2016 12:43 PM

excellent preacher.  I used to watch his program all the time and still do watch occasionally on youtube or elsewhere.  I would love to have his collection. 

Posts 520
David P. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 12 2016 2:37 PM

Michael Childs:
Actually, Adrian Rogers followed Dr. Ramsey Pollard, who followed Dr. R. G. Lee.

Thanks, Michael for the correction. After I posted I had the nagging feeling I didn't have all the info. I seem to remember Rogers mentioning in one of his sermons visiting Lee as he was near death, so maybe that's where I made the connection.

Page 1 of 4 (74 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS