Beta version seems to be stuck on "installing application update"

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 15 2016 2:21 PM

3051.Logos Log Files.zip

Just installed beta version on a new Windows account. Restarted computer and when I restarted Logos, still seems to be hung on "installing...". Seems to be working otherwise, but it's not giving me the functions that Beta has working.

Thanks for your help. Brian

Posts 24837
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 15 2016 2:37 PM

There is a message that the update failed but it provides no diagnostic clues. The beta download link in the post "7.1 Beta 4 (xxxx) is now available" points to Logos 6, so I can only recommend you restart Logos and try the command Set Update Channel to Beta again.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 15 2016 4:10 PM

I restarted Logos and did the "set update channel to beta" command (it appeared to already be on beta).

I let it sit for an hour and it was still on "installing application update"0257.Logos Log Files.zip

The indexing also seemed stuck on 8% for quite a while (I realize it's an initial indexing).

Posts 2562
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 15 2016 4:38 PM

Dave Hooton:

There is a message that the update failed but it provides no diagnostic clues. The beta download link in the post "7.1 Beta 4 (xxxx) is now available" points to Logos 6, so I can only recommend you restart Logos and try the command Set Update Channel to Beta again.

Hi Dave,

I've edited the post to point to a different page that has install instructions for stable.

Posts 2562
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 15 2016 4:44 PM

Brian Maag:

I restarted Logos and did the "set update channel to beta" command (it appeared to already be on beta).

I let it sit for an hour and it was still on "installing application update"0257.Logos Log Files.zip

The indexing also seemed stuck on 8% for quite a while (I realize it's an initial indexing).

Brian,

Can you click on the About page and verify the version you have installed? Also depending on the size of your library downloading and indexing can take a period of time. Is indexing still stuck?

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 15 2016 7:00 PM

Philana,

I have version 7.02 SR-2, 7.0.0.0089

(update channel: beta)

I tried Update Now, and it tells me No Updates Available. (but still tells me that it's installing the application update).

I'm letting the indexing go again, as I can be away from the computer for a while.

I'll let you know if anything different happens when the indexing is complete.

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 15 2016 7:41 PM

Yes, it does appear that the indexing is stuck at 8%. It got up to that point inside about 10 minutes, but has spent the last hour sitting at 8%.

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 8:34 AM

I'm letting the indexing go again. Seems to be trudging through. It's made it past the 8% mark anyway. I'll see how this works when the indexing finishes.

Posts 143
Brian Maag | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 11:52 AM

Fixed. Once the indexing finished, it went to the 7.1 Beta 4 version. Guess I just needed a lot of patience. :)

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS