Stephen Smalley's Revelation Commentary

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 16 2016 10:12 AM

Help us get this resource into production! We're almost there!

https://www.logos.com/product/40925/the-revelation-to-john-a-commentary-on-the-greek-text-of-the-apocalypse

Posts 1974
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 10:21 AM

I thought this one had been in production already.  I would like to see this produced sooner than later.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 332
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 1:49 PM

I ordered this two years ago.  Looks like it is now in production.

Posts 390
Alain Maashe | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 1:50 PM

Joseph Turner:

I thought this one had been in production already..

It was until it wasn't.

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 16 2016 5:42 PM

Was this amillennial or premillennial? Can't seem to find the previous discussion on it. I wonder, if premillennial, who is better Steely or Thomas? I want a solid premillennial commentary to research and write a critic of the "Premillennial Theory of the Last Things." I did a 10 week study on Wednesday nights about "The Last Things" and it was extremely beneficial to the group and to me on a personal level. I drew from various sources (e.g. Hal Lindsay, Walvoord, Milton Spencer, Arthur Ogden, Demar, Lahaye, Jenkins, Keener, and other mixes on Revelation/Eschatological themes). It sure helps to have variety in your Logos Library.

DAL

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2016 11:35 AM

DAL:

Was this amillennial or premillennial? Can't seem to find the previous discussion on it. I wonder, if premillennial, who is better Steely or Thomas? I want a solid premillennial commentary to research and write a critic of the "Premillennial Theory of the Last Things." I did a 10 week study on Wednesday nights about "The Last Things" and it was extremely beneficial to the group and to me on a personal level. I drew from various sources (e.g. Hal Lindsay, Walvoord, Milton Spencer, Arthur Ogden, Demar, Lahaye, Jenkins, Keener, and other mixes on Revelation/Eschatological themes). It sure helps to have variety in your Logos Library.

DAL

"Rather than preterist, historicist, or futurist interpretations, Smalley follows Gregory Beale with a modified idealist interpretation, which portrays Revelation as “the timeless conflict between the forces of good and evil, God and Satan” (p. 16).

He is amillennial, and to him almost everything in Revelation is symbolic and allegorical. 

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2016 3:16 PM

Thanks Cynthia! I'll pass on it then. Beale, Lenski and others that are similar will suffice. I'll jump on Rob Thomas later when I'm done getting what I want and need first.

DAL

Posts 809
Cynthia in Florida | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2016 3:33 PM

DAL:  I used Rob Thomas' commentary as one of my "go to" resources when I taught Revelation two years ago.  We spent 2 solid years in Revelation.  Are you looking for more resources from different perspectives or are you looking for just pre-mil resources?

Cynthia

Romans 8:28-38

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2016 4:34 PM

Cynthia in Florida:

DAL:  I used Rob Thomas' commentary as one of my "go to" resources when I taught Revelation two years ago.  We spent 2 solid years in Revelation.  Are you looking for more resources from different perspectives or are you looking for just pre-mil resources?

I'm looking for resources from different perspectives, so if you have a list you could share I wouldn't mind having it 👍

Thank you!

DAL

Posts 2825
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 8:12 AM

Personally, I want commentaries from nearly all views.  I want amil, historic pre-mil, dispsensational pre-mil, post-mil, idealist, preterist, historicist, and futurist interpretations.

I do not just want opponents of a particular view, explaining why that view is wrong.  I want to hear each perspective making its case.  I do have my own perspective, but for study I want to hear all voices.

I also want my people to know that there is more than one view held by solid Biblical scholars. 

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 56
Fred Robbins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 1:28 PM

Michael Childs:

Personally, I want commentaries from nearly all views.  I want amil, historic pre-mil, dispsensational pre-mil, post-mil, idealist, preterist, historicist, and futurist interpretations.

I do not just want opponents of a particular view, explaining why that view is wrong.  I want to hear each perspective making its case.  I do have my own perspective, but for study I want to hear all voices.

I also want my people to know that there is more than one view held by solid Biblical scholars. 

I wish all people had this attitude. Thanks Michael.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS