Daniel PrePub

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 8 2010 2:24 PM

I noticed that the descriptions of the two books included in the recent "Daniel" PrePub are switched.

I noticed something else...the total page count of the two books...

Coincidence?

I think not.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 8 2010 2:36 PM

now that is funny.

David, I have to add to that my own experience, traveling with a student group to Jerusalem/Israel: They gave me the student ID # of 666.  And coupled that with calling me Mr. DEVIL-der.  I kid you not.  Devil  I was checking my head for a tattoo . . . 

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 5:37 PM

Touche', Dan. Good stuff...Big Smile

Years ago, I used to sell computers when the 286 was the common fair and the power users stretched up and snagged a 386...sometimes with a WHOLE MEGABYTE of RAM!

Anyway, this mild and unassuming fellow ambled in, and he told me he was a pastor. He said he had put off buying a computer for a long time, mainly because of the possibility of potential negative "worldly"  influence, and this was before the internet! But...it seemed to be the wave of the future, and so he decided to "give in" and take the plunge, especially since it would be such a big help to his ministry, so he said. I helped him pick out a vanilla model--nothing too "extravagant", of course--and we proceeded to check out. He handed me the church's credit card, which I swiped into the machine and the authorization code came back:

666 !!! Devil

Not being a good church-going lad at the time, I played it for all it was worth.

"OH, Noooooooooo!" I stammered...as if in real shock (that code actually came in on a fairly regular basis). I lifted the box for him to see...and he went WHITE.

I think I had to actually take the computer to the car and put it in his trunk for him, poor fellow. I don't think he had the strength to carry his car keys.

Never saw him again after that...

I still wonder if he ever even took it out of the box?

Posts 18723
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 17 2010 5:47 PM

David Paul:

Years ago, I used to sell computers when the 286 was the common fair and the power users stretched up and snagged a 386...sometimes with a WHOLE MEGABYTE of RAM!

Anyway, this mild and unassuming fellow ambled in, and he told me he was a pastor. He said he had put off buying a computer for a long time, mainly because of the possibility of potential negative "worldly"  influence, and this was before the internet! But...it seemed to be the wave of the future, and so he decided to "give in" and take the plunge, especially since it would be such a big help to his ministry, so he said. I helped him pick out a vanilla model--nothing too "extravagant", of course--and we proceeded to check out. He handed me the church's credit card, which I swiped into the machine and the authorization code came back:

666 !!! Devil

Not being a good church-going lad at the time, I played it for all it was worth.

"OH, Noooooooooo!" I stammered...as if in real shock (that code actually came in on a fairly regular basis). I lifted the box for him to see...and he went WHITE.

I think I had to actually take the computer to the car and put it in his trunk for him, poor fellow. I don't think he had the strength to carry his car keys.

Never saw him again after that...

I still wonder if he ever even took it out of the box?

What a great story, David! Smile

When this new Logos forum was in its early months, some of the active posters were watching out for when each other hit 666 posts, and they'd capture the screenshot and welcome the new initiate into the "666 club" SmileDevil  (I was amused to find out just now that the code for the devil smiley is a 6 between two brackets.)

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 8:08 PM

i think i have no words left . . . 

Big Smile great story!

Rosie, wonder what would happen if you bracketed 3 6's??  I'm too scared to try it!  Wink

Posts 18723
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 18 2010 8:43 PM

Dan DeVilder:

Rosie, wonder what would happen if you bracketed 3 6's??  I'm too scared to try it!  Wink

[666]

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 7:16 PM

Makes me wonder how much RAM the computer had.....

Posts 18723
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 19 2010 10:13 PM

Dan Sheppard:

Makes me wonder how much RAM the computer had.....

Well, if David Paul had anything to do with it, I'm sure it had 666 MB of . Wink

Posts 129
ton verdam | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 12:22 AM

- the hebrew equivalent for 666 is (3x WAW)  www - so stop surfing the internet...

- the hebrew root for Daniel 12:4 'many shall run to and fro ESV'' is the same as where our word google comes from... what we all are doing with LOGOS - increasing our knowledge and googeling is just fulfilling end-time prophecy...Geeked

Posts 26850
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 12:25 AM

ton verdam:

- the hebrew equivalent for 666 is (3x WAW)  www - so stop surfing the internet...

- the hebrew root for Daniel 12:4 'many shall run to and fro ESV'' is the same as where our word google comes from... what we all are doing with LOGOS - increasing our knowledge and googeling is just fulfilling end-time prophecy...Geeked

Finally, an understandable explanation of apocalyptic literature!

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18723
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 12:53 AM

ton verdam:

And if you spell googling upside down it's 6Ӏ6oo6.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 20 2010 5:35 AM

Rosie Perera:

ton verdam:

And if you spell googling upside down it's 6Ӏ6oo6.

But if you combine www with  6Ӏ6oo6 you get 1332, then you add 1+3 (4) and 3+2 (5) and their sum is 9, divide that by 3 and you get "3" which is the Trinity, so it's all good.

wow, I LIKE numerology.  You can do ANYTHING!  Geeked

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS