Is something missing in Logos 7 if I have Logos NOW???

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 98
JJ Miller | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 17 2016 7:29 PM

I wonderd, if I didn't have Logos NOW, what I am missing in a recent upgrade to LOGOS 7? 

INFO: 
I was using LOGOS 6 Portfolio Edition. 
Then I recently ordered LOGOS NOW and then upgraded to LOGOS 7 one day later. 
Maybe this is more of a LogosNOW question, but I wondered, "If I cancelled LogosNOW at year's end and just kept my Logos 7 package, would I be missing anything when Logos NOW went away???

I know I would lose any special previews and updated sets and such, but what part of LOGOS 7 would be missing without LogosNOW?   In other words, would I need to purchase something after leaving LogosNOW to get all that is part of Logos 7? 

Thanks so much. 

JJ Miller

Logos 7 running on a Windows 10 PC. 

Posts 23
C Stutzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 7:37 PM

If you upgraded with LN and did not buy a L7feature set, and then you cancel LN you would revert back to L6 feature set.

Posts 23
C Stutzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 7:38 PM

If you plan on canceling LN and buying a feature set, buy the feature set before you cancel LN as it will give you a discount.

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 17 2016 10:38 PM

JJ Miller:
If I cancelled LogosNOW at year's end and just kept my Logos 7 package, would I be missing anything when Logos NOW went away?

The What's Included in Logos 7 page lists which elements require Logos Now:

You will also lose any new Logos Now features that will be added in the next 12 months. For example, Morph Grid is coming soon.

All this assumes you purchases the Full Feature Set when you bought Logos 7. It's possible to buy a Logos 7 Library without the feature set, and if you were a Logos Now member when you purchased L7, the website would have defaulted to just the library. You can see whether you own the feature set by visiting this page: https://www.logos.com/product/120029/logos-7-full-feature-set. If you don't own the feature set, you'll lose all the L7 new features (not just the ones I've listed) when your subscription terminates.

Posts 10314
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2016 11:43 AM

It's difficult to add something to Mark's excellent answers around the content of L7, its various options and its pricing. But since we see some confusion in other threads, I want to focus on something you wrote: 

JJ Miller:
In other words, would I need to purchase something after leaving LogosNOW to get all that is part of Logos 7?

If you buy or already bought the Full Feature set, you have all of Logos 7 that is "buyable" because it is sold as Logos 7 features in an ownership model. There will be features delivered with Logos Now that may be not part of Logos 7 in that sense and from Faithlife's perspective are early deliveries of Logos 8 "buyable" content. So it may and most probably will be that Logos Now gives access to features that become "buyable" when Logos 8 ships, not earlier. So, leaving Logos Now earlier will cause you to miss those functionalities until Logos 8 comes around.

Then there is a second class of functionality, which is "membership-only". This growing number of features is typically server-driven (data volumes not being able to download, index and work on local machines) and ever expanded/updated on an ongoing basis. If I understand FL's communication right, those things are not planned to be part of the content of any "buyable" feature set in the near future - be it L7.x or L8. Canceling LNow would cause you to lose those features for good with no product you could buy that gives you those. Nobody knows today what those would be in a year's time from now. Technically, those things are not part of Logos 7 - but we see people confused over the various buckets of things.

So in a year's time you will have

• Logos 7 features that came with LNow memership giving access to the Full Feature Set - if you bought or buy then the Set, you get access to those.
  • Logos 8 features that came with LNow memership giving access to future version's features -you'll need to wait until L8 ships to buy those
  • Membership-only features that only come with a LNow membership period. No way to buy them. 

My understanding would be that for those people who like to use the latest and most powerful features, it's not a sensibble idea to let go of LNow - even if they don't like all the other membership benefits that come on top of the features. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 23
C Stutzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2016 1:05 PM

I guess I should really stop answering lol. Wow that big ol star and everything by your name. Someone really special. Undoubtedly know Logos more than I do. And honestly you do. But seems to me that the reply you gave is waaaaaayyyyyyyy confusing.

NB.Mick:

It's difficult to add something to Mark's excellent answers around the content of L7, its various options and its pricing. But since we see some confusion in other threads, I want to focus on something you wrote: 

JJ Miller:
In other words, would I need to purchase something after leaving LogosNOW to get all that is part of Logos 7?

If you buy or already bought the Full Feature set, you have all of Logos 7 that is "buyable" because it is sold as Logos 7 features in an ownership model. There will be features delivered with Logos Now that may be not part of Logos 7 in that sense and from Faithlife's perspective are early deliveries of Logos 8 "buyable" content. So it may and most probably will be that Logos Now gives access to features that become "buyable" when Logos 8 ships, not earlier. So, leaving Logos Now earlier will cause you to miss those functionalities until Logos 8 comes around.

Then there is a second class of functionality, which is "membership-only". This growing number of features is typically server-driven (data volumes not being able to download, index and work on local machines) and ever expanded/updated on an ongoing basis. If I understand FL's communication right, those things are not planned to be part of the content of any "buyable" feature set in the near future - be it L7.x or L8. Canceling LNow would cause you to lose those features for good with no product you could buy that gives you those. Nobody knows today what those would be in a year's time from now. Technically, those things are not part of Logos 7 - but we see people confused over the various buckets of things.

• Logos 7 features that came with LNow memership giving access to the Full Feature Set - if you bought or buy then the Set, you get access to those.
  • Logos 8 features that came with LNow memership giving access to future version's features -you'll need to wait until L8 ships to buy those
  • Membership-only features that only come with a LNow membership period. No way to buy them. 

My understanding would be that for those people who like to use the latest and most powerful features, it's not a sensibble idea to let go of LNow - even if they don't like all the other membership benefits that come on top of the features. 

Guess you saw so much more than me. I get that a lot of you love LN. Heck I have LN. But if LN is not for him for any reason then its not for him. You go into a big ol speal touting the greatness of LN. And if can afford and need it, its true. But the question was what do I need to buy, not what would I be losing. Nothing about reverting back to what you had which is important, more so the farther down the road you cancel. That whole statement you made is confusing. Well I'll let y'all do the answering.

Posts 10314
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2016 1:30 PM

C Stutzman:
the question was what do I need to buy, not what would I be losing.

The reason I answered in more detail is that the thread title contains "Is something missing in Logos 7" and it seems that many users don't differentiate the features they experience under L7 and just assume that all of those are L7 features.

This simply is not the case - and the less so, the more time progresses and features come with Logos Now that belong to either L8 or are Membership Only. In other threads people are discussing a lot about a feature (Bible Browser) that comes with LNow but is not part of the L7 Full Feature Set because it is Membership-only. Beta users already have access to L7.1 features that may come with Logos 8 - both of these sets of features will be "missing" when JJ jumps off LNow in a year.

So the answer "buy the Full Feature Set" is not wrong - it gives you all that is buyable from Logos 7 and there is no other product one could buy at the moment that would give more. But still one should not assume that buying it gives all features that are part of LNow, cause that ain't so.    

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 23
C Stutzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2016 1:47 PM

It states very clearly in his post that he knows he will lose all the special feature and functions of LN if he cancels. Its was a very clear question of what do I need to have L7 feature set. So you going back the way you did is confusing. Neither did you explain why he would need to purchase L7 full feature set. Seem everyone like to sing the praises of LN. That's cool, but at the same time need to explain about loosing more than just the LN features. That part of rolling back to the last feature set bought can be a bit of a kick. And I don't know about anybody else maybe just me but did you say he was not sensible?

NB.Mick:

JJ Miller:

"it's not a sensibble idea to let go of LNow - even if they don't like all the other membership benefits that come on top of the features." Really? I am insulted, and that was not even leveled at me. How can you know what is sensible for someone else? I answered short, sweet, and correct. Guess that's just not the way to do it in these forums.

Posts 28005
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2016 2:30 PM

C Stutzman:
I guess I should really stop answering lol. Wow that big ol star and everything by your name. Someone really special. Undoubtedly know Logos more than I do. And honestly you do. But seems to me that the reply you gave is waaaaaayyyyyyyy confusing

In the forums there are a number of people for whom English is not a primary language. Sarcasm presents an additional level of complexity in a language they are already struggling with. I suggest that you consider this before posting in this tone.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 10548
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2016 2:31 PM

C Stutzman ... you either have a really large cat, or a really small fan. Cute cat.

I suspect tne Now'ers will have a progressively interesting problem determining exactly what they own vs are renting.  Inagine you Now'd this round, but bought the Starter Features. Then a year or two, you buy some more Starters (new ones) but cancel your Now. Basically, you just have to see what blows up.  

Even I have no idea how various parts of my Logos 3,4,5,6,7 were purchased. Lucikily, I'm not sensible.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 23
C Stutzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2016 2:49 PM

Well thank you for your feedback MJ.. Out of all this all you got is that I was sarcastic? And once again I get pointed out that I am wrong for answering in these here forums. Nothing at all about how confusing the whole thing is whether on my part or theirs? Just mine? Or the hugely obvious insult? Guess I was insulted because if I have to give up either  feature set or LN, its definitely going to be LN. So that would also make me not sensible. Either way it is an insult. But thank you for pointing out about those that do not understand English so well. On a lighter note. Well Denise Goober thanks you. And he is a bit on the large side. As far as LN goes, it is pretty well stated that you revert back to what you have purchased.

Posts 28005
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2016 4:21 PM

C Stutzman:
Nothing at all about how confusing the whole thing is whether on my part or theirs? Just mine?

I have tried to stay out of the "confusing" discussing because in many cases I have had trouble seeing how the confusion arose ... in others, yes, it is clear. But I avoid answering questions I know I do not understand although I may ask for clarification

C Stutzman:
Or the hugely obvious insult?

I would address that with the poster of the insult, not with you. In fact, I addressed you specifically because your low post count indicated that you might not understand the premise of the forums.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 23
C Stutzman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 18 2016 4:43 PM

Thank you for your reply again MJ..

JJ Miller:

I wonderd, if I didn't have Logos NOW, what I am missing in a recent upgrade to LOGOS 7? 

INFO: 
I was using LOGOS 6 Portfolio Edition. 
Then I recently ordered LOGOS NOW and then upgraded to LOGOS 7 one day later. 
Maybe this is more of a LogosNOW question, but I wondered, "If I cancelled LogosNOW at year's end and just kept my Logos 7 package, would I be missing anything when Logos NOW went away???

I know I would lose any special previews and updated sets and such, but what part of LOGOS 7 would be missing without LogosNOW?   In other words, would I need to purchase something after leaving LogosNOW to get all that is part of Logos 7? 

Thanks so much. 

JJ Miller

Logos 7 running on a Windows 10 PC. 

Seems pretty specific to me. Had LN then Purchased L7 portfolio the next day. Says he knows he would lose any special previews updates ect.. Then states he want to know what part of the L7 feature set he would be missing when he cancels LN. And asked if he would need to purchase something after leaving LN to have the L7 feature set. I am sorry but I do not know how you could not see what would cause confusion. I made two very short posts which I do know are correct. I do not know if you are talking about the post I did a day or two ago about the new features in L7. I was very wrong lol. Forgot that they don't have crossgrades anymore. I started about half way through last year and they did. Or if because y'all have been around a long time and are MVP buds, so defend each other. I really do think that should be changed to maybe MKP (more knowledgeable people). Not sure how one person is more valuable than another. But that is the obvious case. Its is very clear what he asked. It is very clear as to the answer. Bringing up all that stuff that is in LN in no way whatsoever answered his question. All that extra stuff is someone's personal opinion on LN. All that extra fluff would be very confusing to someone who did not know the answer but was interested in the answer to this scenario. And I believe it is a disservice to spout on about all the cool stuff about LN but not explain the subscription part. Its not like a newspaper, where you get to keep everything.  You will lose everything that you have not purchased besides LN. As I said no worried as I wont be answering anything past this discussion.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS