Orthodox bargain (CP Freebie) ? or email error?

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 37 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1074
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 19 2016 10:52 AM

I have just received two emails about a CP bid: (part 1, and part 2 were the same).

Notice the closing date and closing prices.

I am assuming an error!

The product page is this: https://www.logos.com/product/32853/select-works-on-orthodox-history-part-1 and https://www.logos.com/product/32859/select-works-on-orthodox-history-part-2  

Logos Community Pricing Bid Information LS Logos Customer Service   Reply| Today, 17:21 You Bidding will close on 1/1/0001 at 12:00pm Pacific time for Select Works on Orthodox History, Part 2 (8 vols.).

The current community price for this product is $0.00.

Your bid for this product is $20.00.

Upon closing, your current bid will be successful and your Pre-Pub order for this product will be placed at the community price. 

To edit your bids for community priced products, visit http://www.logos.com/user/orders.

The final price for this product will be lower for everyone if we receive enough new bids before the closing date, so please spread the word to anyone you know who may be interested in this. Thank you for your interest in this product!

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 6483
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 11:08 AM

I am seeing 20.00 for both products.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 11:10 AM

Lynden Williams:

I am seeing 20.00 for both products.

and get Orthodox Gold and they are both "free" (well, included at a lower price)

Posts 1835
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 11:39 AM

I received the same email as Martin.

I am wondering if they were items with an * beside them in the previous Orthodox base packages or Orthodox library builder and are just now getting ready to ship? 

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 11:43 AM

Kenneth Neighoff:

I received the same email as Martin.

I am wondering if they were items with an * beside them in the previous Orthodox base packages or Orthodox library builder and are just now getting ready to ship? 

Look on the right side - "This title is included as a part of the following collections. Buy one of these package deals and save!"

They are in the new Orthodox base package.

Posts 1074
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 12:50 PM

But I do not have an orthodox package (and have few funds available after the initial L& release fest!) ... and the bidding closure date is also a little screwy at 1/1/0001

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 1:03 PM

Martin Folley:

But I do not have an orthodox package (and have few funds available after the initial L& release fest!) ... and the bidding closure date is also a little screwy at 1/1/0001

The date issue is the semi-normal email screw-ups they have, I'm sure just to keep us on our toes. The options are bid $20 each before Friday if you want them, else let them pass.

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Status=Community+Pricing&start=0&sort=progress&pageSize=60 

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 2:03 PM

I received the same emails today as well. I also received them for this too -

s

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 2:10 PM

Hello everyone,

First, my apologies for the confusion this email has caused.

The email(s) you received indicate the price you bid as well as the price you will be charged when this product ships.

If the price is $0.00, the email is indicating that you will not be charged for this product because you've obtained it through a base package purchase or some other purchase.

We recognize this email is not optimized, but we cannot cancel your CP bid/order for you.

We're working on getting this updated to avoid future confusion. But it is important to keep in mind that for any bid or order that you've placed on a product, you'll continue to receive email updates for that product unless the order is cancelled. 

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 2:13 PM

Two additional notes:

1. Dynamic pricing was not enabled when this thread started, but has now been turned ON.

2. I'm not sure what's wrong with the closing date in the email, but the product page does reflect the accurate close date.

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 2:13 PM

Matthew Miller:
The email(s) you received indicate the price you bid as well as the price you will be charged when this product ships.

If the price is $0.00, the email is indicating that you will not be charged for this product because you've obtained it through a base package purchase or some other purchase.

Thanks for clarifying Matthew. I thought this might be the case.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 2:26 PM

Matthew Miller:

I'll be happy to take it for free, but I'm not aware of having made any such purchase.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 666
James McAdams | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 2:30 PM

fgh:

Matthew Miller:

I'll be happy to take it for free, but I'm not aware of having made any such purchase.

I'm in the same boat as you - can't think how I might have bought it, unless it was bundled with something I bought ages ago and I'd just lost track.

Posts 298
LogosEmployee
Matthew Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 19 2016 3:00 PM

Hmmm...interesting.

My explanation above should account for this, but it seems like another problem may be afoot. I'll take a deeper look.

Thanks for your patience. Smile

Posts 128
Russel Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 2:25 PM

So, I got the same email, and now that the CP has closed, I can find no trace of it in my account.  It's not under Order or Community Pricing. It didn't download into my Logos.  And the Preorder button on the product page is not greyed out. I had ordered the L6 Gold base package, so if it was included in that, then I've ordered it. But I only ordered the L7 Bronze, in which it is not included.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 24 2016 5:59 PM

Russel Taylor:

So, I got the same email, and now that the CP has closed, I can find no trace of it in my account.  It's not under Order or Community Pricing. It didn't download into my Logos.  And the Preorder button on the product page is not greyed out. I had ordered the L6 Gold base package, so if it was included in that, then I've ordered it. But I only ordered the L7 Bronze, in which it is not included.

I'm in the same boat, though I never got an email before or after it closed. I'm reposting what I wrote in another thread:

Yasmin Stephen:

Yasmin Stephen:

The followings CPs are closing today:

Select Works on Orthodox History, Part 1 (8 vols.) - https://www.logos.com/product/32853/select-works-on-orthodox-history-part-1 (currently $19.00)

Select Works on Orthodox History, Part 2 (8 vols.) https://www.logos.com/product/32859/select-works-on-orthodox-history-part-2 (currently $19.00)

Select Works of Isaac Backus (9 vols.) - https://www.logos.com/product/46958/select-works-of-isaac-backus (currently $18.00

Whedon's Commentary on the Old and New Testaments (14 vols.) - https://www.logos.com/product/25780/whedons-commentary-on-the-old-and-new-testaments (currently $19.00)

What is going on?! I bid on all of these (except the Isaac Backus one) but I only received the closing email for the Whedon Commentary set, and the pre-order button is not greyed out for either of the Orthodox sets! I know I bid on both of these - I specifically wanted them because I have few Orthodox resources and I can't afford (or feel inclined) to buy an Orthodox library. What happened, Faithlife? SadCrying

Posts 148
Dustin Pearson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 9:14 AM

Neither of my $19 are showing up either for the two history volumes, and the buy buttons are not greyed out on the current pre-order pages... Whedon's does show up properly for me...

Posts 196
Stephen Terlizzi | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 11:20 AM

Dustin Pearson:

Neither of my $19 are showing up either for the two history volumes, and the buy buttons are not greyed out on the current pre-order pages... Whedon's does show up properly for me...

I don't see the two history volumes in my current pre-order either. Very strange.

Steve

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 2:54 PM

Today I got the closing email for Orthodox History, Part 2 (8 vols.), and it now shows up in my open pre-pubs list. One more to go for the problem to be fixed!

Posts 523
Fasil | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 3:08 PM

fgh:

Matthew Miller:

Me too here. I would be glad to take it for free, but I don't know why in my order it shows $19.00 on each of them. Hope they'll fix it .

Page 1 of 2 (38 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS