"Members Now" membership.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 133
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 20 2016 3:55 PM

I have Logos Bible Software 6.14, 6.14.0.0053. I know I'm behind a version. Surprise

I've used Logos for years and love it. Use it daily. Convinced many to use it. 1133 books in my Library. 

I'm 69 going on 70 and on a diminishing income. 

So I guess us bunch of oldies are in the minority and will never be able to move along in the tools created.  

Sorry I don't need any more in my library. At least very rarely. But would like to enjoy the tools for study. 

But I guess I'm at the end of this road. 

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 4:00 PM

Rick Ratzlaff:

I'm 69 going on 70 and on a diminishing income. 

So I guess us bunch of oldies are in the minority and will never be able to move along in the tools created

I have 10 years on you and do not understand why we "oldies" cannot move along in the tools FL has created. 

I would like to answer your question, but I am afraid that I cannot find one in your post.

Posts 33447
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 5:09 PM

Rick Ratzlaff:
So I guess us bunch of oldies are in the minority and will never be able to move along in the tools created.  

Remember we can purchase the tools without a library ... I'm between you and Jack so we make a majority of three in this thread. Wink

I wonder if there is a way for Logos to provide a retiree feature package which is offered only to long-term users and emphasizes personal/academic rather than pastoral features.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 29798
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 5:13 PM

MJ. Smith:
Remember we can purchase the tools without a library

You still can! Am I missing something? A Logos Now membership, however, is less expensive. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1110
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 5:29 PM

MJ. Smith:

I wonder if there is a way for Logos to provide a retiree feature package which is offered only to long-term users and emphasizes personal/academic rather than pastoral features.

Perhaps a senior citizens discount?

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 7:10 PM

EastTN:

MJ. Smith:

Yes! Yes

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1562
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 7:38 PM

Matthew C Jones:

EastTN:

MJ. Smith:

Yes! Yes

Yes! Yes  Yes! Yes  Please, Yes! Yes

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 7:46 PM

I'm with you Rick.  I've been using Logos almost from the beginning.  I have invested over $30 thousand dollars in the resources I wanted.  But that's not enough for Logos.  Now they want even more money just to keep up with the program.  The problem with Logos, or FL if you like is that it is getting more and more like Zondervan every passing day.  When I first started buying books from Zondervan they were a small company and couldn't do enough for you.  At a later date  they were bought out and profits became the goal, and we've all seen the result of that in the last few years.  Many of us won't even deal with them anymore for that very reason.  I know this will offend many of the 'My Logos Can Do No Wrong' fan club, but that's the way it is and the more I see of FL the more I see it going down the same path.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 469
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 20 2016 11:41 PM

Rick Ausdahl:

Matthew C Jones:

EastTN:

MJ. Smith:

Yes! Yes

Yes! Yes  Yes! Yes  Please, Yes! Yes

Add my YES please to that suggestion!  Yes

Posts 2817
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 12:17 AM

Perhaps a 30-something citizens discount?

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 98
Johan L | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 12:34 AM

Jan Krohn:

Perhaps a 30-something citizens discount?

This is a suggestion I can support!

The problem with any discount from Logos is that i guess arguments could be made for discounts for a lot of it's users. Pastors (I don't know in about other countries, but at least in Norway they are quite below the national average), missionaries, students (who already has a discount).

Posts 2817
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 12:42 AM

Don't forget parents. After feeding the kids and sending them to school, not much funds left for personal studies...

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 738
Kevin A Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 1:33 AM

Don't forget that the free version of 7.x will be available in a few months - so you will be up-to-date at no cost.

You can get the 'basic' issue of the new functionality with a more modest purchase of the cut-down or full "feature set".

But at least you will have the latest and supported version of the software and full access to your library.

Shalom

Posts 133
Rick Ratzlaff | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 6:54 AM

I know I'm old school. (not as old as some on here Cool) And one day I'll have all knowledge. My opinion. My dad taught me - He sang solo's, cut some Long Play records, drove thousands of miles at invitation to sing for occasions, had a radio program for I think 15 yrs. and EVERY penny he received went into the Church offering.  My reading today (out of Logos) came 

Matthew 10:8 (ESV) — 8 Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse lepers, cast out demons. You received without paying; give without pay.

Isaiah 55:1 (ESV) — 1 “Come, everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and he who has no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

Acts 3:6 (ESV) — 6 But Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!”

Acts 20:33 (ESV) — 33 I coveted no one’s silver or gold or apparel.

Acts 20:35 (ESV) — 35 In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”

I know Bob P needs to pay staff to add and build resources, for which I'm grateful. And it's a thin line between business and living in complete faith. (which I struggle doing) But it is grating on me the constant marketing plans for more money. 

Maybe another business model would be for EVANGELICAL denominations to chip in funds to replace some loses. (but of course even "Evangelical" denominations are loosing their commitment to scripture.  

A dream would be to see (I'm sure there are some) our Church congregation of sheep taping into the full FL package from Proclaim and on. What potential, if 75% of a church were connected through FL. 

Anyhow my rant for the day. Cheers all. 

Posts 2775
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 21 2016 8:28 AM

EastTN:

MJ. Smith:

That would be most welcomed. Smile Yes

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS