Logos March Madness

Page 2 of 13 (249 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 248 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 9 2010 4:01 PM

As I recall, I was able to get the Francis Schaeffer collection (that I had been wanting to buy) at a bargain price last year.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 9 2010 8:26 PM

Indeed I also got the Schaeffer collection last year at a deep discount.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 120
Steve Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 9 2010 11:41 PM

Great! So much for saving up for my Zondervan pre-pub purchase. (Bob, are you certain we can't do Zondervan on a payment plan? Pleeeease!)

Posts 24
Jason Rogers | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 10:07 AM

Or maybe have Zondervan in the tourney Wink I am joking of course, or am I Indifferent

Posts 456
Pastor Roger | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 10 2010 6:16 PM

Paul Golder:

I think it would be beneficial if all Logos purchases showed up on my credit card statement as a random pick of one of the following:

• Housewares

• Kitchen Goods

• Flowers

• Bathroom Accessories

• Quilting Supplies

• Etc...

YesBig Smile

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 11 2010 12:53 AM

Terry Poperszky:

Christina:
I literally just finished begging my darling husband to purchase, or contribute heavily, to my iPad.

So, what was his answer?

His answer remains the same.......sure, I can get the iPad, but I have to purchase it with my money. Hey, where's the justice! Wink Perhaps he'll change his mind once the device is released and the pricing is completely finalized. Yes, I'm still hoping for a subsidized 3G iPad. Okay, can't a girl dream?

Blessings,

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 7:43 AM

Ok folks, we might as well play with this a bit. 

What are you HOPING makes it into the March Madness shuffle?

Just for giggles, here's part o my list.  Although I admit I'm torn.  I'm not sure my budget could sustain many of these unless they make it the whole way.

Hermeneia on CD-ROM 2.0

Anchor Yale Bible (84 Vols.)

Charles Simeon's Horae Homileticae Commentary (21 Vols.)

Classic Commentaries on the Greek New Testament (14 Vols.)

A History of Christian Doctrine (2 Vols.)

Theological Journal Library Volume 12

BDAG/HALOT Bundle

So how about you? What are you hoping to see when the madness begins?

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 453
Mike S. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 7:56 AM

My List:

NICOT/NICNT

Hermeneia

Anchor Yale Bible

N.T. Wright books (if they somehow, magically get published in time)

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 8:17 AM

Baker Theology Collection

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3767
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 8:18 AM

if last year's is any indication, it won't be Commentary series, but peculiar collections (like Shaeffer), monographs, and the like.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 8:28 AM

Thomas Black:
What are you HOPING makes it into the March Madness shuffle?

I just received Hermeneia this week Embarrassed

My prioritized dream list is:

1) Zondervan Bible Reference Bundle http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/5656

2) Yale Anchor Bible http://www.logos.com/products/details/4469

3) Ultimate Archeology Collection http://www.logos.com/products/details/3267

4) Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library (29 Vols.) http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/5732

5)  International Critical Commentary Series http://www.logos.com/products/details/1906

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 9101
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 8:28 AM

Here are mine:

ICC NT Commentary

SESB, Version 3

IVP Evangelical Theology Collection

Expositions of Holy Scripture, MacLaren

Evangelical Dictionary of Theology (take it out of the set)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 8:29 AM

Dan DeVilder:

if last year's is any indication, it won't be Commentary series, but peculiar collections (like Shaeffer), monographs, and the like.

Last year's selection was just individual resources, and they were all under $100 retail, except for Shaeffer.  Any wonder it won?  Cool

Perhaps we should manage our expectations?

My list of hopes is all on prepub.  Except Moo's Romans.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 9101
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 8:31 AM

Todd Phillips:
Last year's selection was just individual resources, and they were all under $100 retail, except for Shaeffer.  Any wonder it won? 

Yeah, we just want Logos to put the A team out on the court, not the bench players.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 8:33 AM

I would like to see some Zondervan or Baker titles.

Looking at last year's entries there is a price range of $9.95 to $125.00, with the bulk between $30.00 to $40.00. So I'm guessing our choices will be in that range again. And probably one resource in the hundred dollar + range, to take the championship.

It's all very exciting though...Smile

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 8:40 AM

Mark A. Smith:

Todd Phillips:
Last year's selection was just individual resources, and they were all under $100 retail, except for Shaeffer.  Any wonder it won? 

Yeah, we just want Logos to put the A team out on the court, not the bench players.

One reason I didn't jump on several of the 12 Days of Christmas specials is; I like most of the other titles included in the Collections they were gleaned from. My hope is to get the whole Collection, so I just passed on the special. The regular Collection prices are a similar savings to the individual super specials.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 928
Bill Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 8:45 AM

These lists read more like fantasies, but I can dream, too! Big Smile I've been wanting MacArthur's complete works, the commentaries especially, since I got into Logos a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, I never seem to have the free money with the pre-pubs that keep coming out.

Pastor, Cornerstone Baptist Church, Clinton, SC

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 9:29 AM

I would like to see Shed's "Dogmatic Theology" in the list and the EDNT.

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 10:31 AM

I just hope that there will be no large ticket items costing too much, because I'm already stretched in my book budget and I've got a lot of pre-pubs. What I would like is a chance to get some resources which normally cost $50+ reduced to more affordable prices. The Carson book last year - The Difficult Doctrine of the Love of God - was a good bargain, as was Davidson - The Vitality of Worship: A Commentary on the Book of Psalms. If I could get a few books I want and spend no more than say $100 then I shall be a happy bunny.

Big Smile

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 120
Steve Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 13 2010 11:47 AM

I would be very happy to see Logos pull out some real quality books in the $20-$40 price range from some of their bigger (and much pricier) collections, similar to what they did with the "12 Days of Logos." That "event" in December allowed me and a lot of others to pick-up some books that are a bit more unique in nature, but still have a broad appeal, like the "Dictionary of Theological Interpretation of the Bible" and "The Drama of Scripture," both of which are among the cream of the crop of a $330 14-book Baker collection.

Page 2 of 13 (249 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS