Logos March Madness

Page 9 of 13 (249 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last »
This post has 248 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 18204
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 3:57 PM

Matthew, maybe we all ought to make our way over to the nearest still and get ourselves something to calm our nerves... Wink

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 4:00 PM

Rosie Perera:

Matthew, maybe we all ought to make our way over to the nearest still and get ourselves something to calm our nerves... Wink

Leave some room for me to pull up a stump and join you Beer

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 1144
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 4:27 PM

Paul Golder:
Leave some room for me to pull up a stump and join you Beer

I forgot my yearly beer I think I will join in as well.   Yes, this is all I drink...

Posts 1606
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 6:50 PM

A church I know recently held an outreach event for men, and served a beer on arrival.

My theology class decided this was a good idea, because Prov 31:6 says, "Give beer to the perishing."  Stick out tongue

Posts 456
Pastor Roger | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 7:17 PM

Allen Browne:
A church I know recently held an outreach event for men, and served a beer on arrival.

1.  No problem with the beer.  (Romans 14:17: Logos, ESV)

2.  But do have a problem if there were any potential/former/current alcoholics in the mix. (Romans 14:21: Logos, ESV)

In order not to hijack this thread...

Where are the codes?! Isn't today the 21st?? Big Smile

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 71
Ryan Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 9:15 PM

Coupon codes have been posted and Round 2 voting is open. The reason this all didn't happen sooner? It would appear that I lost an entire day somehow. I still can't believe I did that!

Alas, use the code LMMR1 to grab these great titles at 25% off:

Title Retail 25% off
The Great Exchange: Justification by Faith Alone in the Light of Recent Thought $12.99 $9.74
The Last Things: An Eschatology for Laymen, George Eldon Ladd $14.00 $10.50
Commentaries for Biblical Expositors, Jim Rosscup $19.99 $14.99
Old Testament Theology: Basic Issues in the Current Debate, Gerhard Hasel $22.00 $16.50
The New American Commentary: Isaiah 1-39, Gary Smith $29.99 $22.49
The First and Second Letters to Timothy, Vol. 1 and 2, Jerome D. Quinn and William C. Wacker $88.00 $66.00
The Major Works of Anselm of Canterbury (4 Vols.) $19.95 $14.96
Finally Alive, John Piper $14.99 $11.24
The History of the Second Temple Period, Paolo Sacchi $84.00 $63.00
The Doctrine of Endless Punishment, William G. T. Shedd $15.00 $11.25
Josephus and the New Testament by Steve Mason $9.95 $7.46
A Sourcebook for Baptist Heritage,  H. Leon McBeth $39.99 $29.99
The Christian Doctrine of God, One Being Three Persons, by Thomas F. Torrance $44.95 $33.71
The Reformed Doctrine of Predestination, by Loraine Boettner $14.99 $11.24
Cornerstone Biblical Commentary: Luke, Acts, William J. Larkin and Allison A. Trites $34.99 $26.24
Reading Romans, Luke Timothy Johnson $29.95 $22.46
The Septuagint as Christian Scripture: Its Prehistory and the Problem of Its Canon, Martin Hengel $60.00 $45.00
The Shape of Sola Scriptura, Keith A. Mathison $21.00 $15.75
Caring for Souls: Counseling Under the Authority of Scripture $27.75 $20.81
The Dead Sea Scrolls Today, James C. Vanderkam $19.95 $14.96
Believer’s Baptism: The Covenant Sign of the New Age in Christ, Thomas R. Schreiner & Shawn Wright $19.99 $14.99
A General View of the History of the English Bible by B. F. Westcott $32.00 $24.00
The Holy Spirit, by Charles Ryrie $13.99 $10.49
Grammatical Insights into the New Testament, Nigel Turner $72.00 $54.00
Revelation 20 and the Millennial Debate, Matt Waymeyer $9.99 $7.49
Eternal Covenant: How the Trinity Reshapes Covenant Theology, Ralph A. Smith $12.00 $9.00
Glimpses of a Strange Land: Studies in Old Testament Ethics, Cyril Rodd $108.00 $81.00
Justification: The Heart of the Christian Faith, Eberhard Jüngel $72.00 $54.00
Theologians of the Baptist Tradition $24.99 $18.74
Calvinism, by Abraham Kuyper $24.95 $18.71
Jensen's Survey of the New Testament $34.99 $26.24
Light from the Ancient East (Deissmann) $49.95 $37.46
Posts 3617
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 9:35 PM

Ryan Burns:
Coupon codes have been posted and Round 2 voting is open.

Has anyone tried voting?  I can only select one book per division - rather than the allowed four.  At first I thought it was a problem with Opera (my preferred browser), but I am seeing the same behavior in Internet Explorer.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 446
Jonathan Sine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 9:38 PM

Floyd Johnson:
 I can only select one book per division - rather than the allowed four.

Same here... in Firefox.

Jonathan Sine

Pastor - Squamish Baptist Church

2 Cor. 4.6

Posts 71
Ryan Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 9:43 PM

Floyd Johnson:
Has anyone tried voting?  I can only select one book per division - rather than the allowed four.  

This is just not my night... Fixed the issue. You should be able to vote for 4 now. If you previously only were able to vote for one and it isn't allowing you to vote anymore, let me know what you want to vote for and I can manually enter in the backend.

Posts 5591
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 9:46 PM

Another issue: "Commentary on the Gospel According to Matthew, A. T. Roberton" (sic) is listed twice in the first column.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 3617
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 9:48 PM

Ryan Burns:
This is just not my night... Fixed the issue.

Thanks Ryan - it was open for a little less than a half hour; hopefully, not many tried voting but did not see the problem.

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 3617
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 9:50 PM

Todd Phillips:
Another issue: "Commentary on the Gospel According to Matthew, A. T. Roberton" (sic) is listed twice in the first column.

Which means a title is missing - since eight different titles were to move forward.  I'll wait until tomorrow to vote.

Blessings,
Floyd

Posts 5591
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 9:53 PM

Floyd Johnson:

Todd Phillips:

Which means a title is missing - since eight different titles were to move forward.  I'll wait until tomorrow to vote.

I voted in Div 2, 3, and 4. I'll also wait until on Div 1.

I think it's "The Pauline Writings, Stanley E. Porter and Craig A. Evans" that's missing.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 71
Ryan Burns | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 9:59 PM

Todd Phillips:

Fixed (and fixed).  Thanks for catching it.

Posts 18204
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 21 2010 9:59 PM

Ryan Burns:

Coupon codes have been posted and Round 2 voting is open. The reason this all didn't happen sooner? It would appear that I lost an entire day somehow. I still can't believe I did that!

Thanks, Ryan! I hope you find your day.

Perhaps the fact that the timing of the end of Round 1 required you to work on the Sabbath was not a good idea from the beginning. Maybe you should adjust the dates of remaining rounds to be sure that doesn't happen again so you can have your well-deserved rest. Blessings!

Posts 524
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 12:11 AM

When is the deadline that I could buy things in the first round? Could I buy after all the voting ends?

Also, so far are there any best buy things in the first round?

e.g. these seem good:

The New American Commentary: Isaiah 1-39, Gary Smith

The First and Second Letters to Timothy, Vol. 1 and 2, Jerome D. Quinn and William C. Wacker 
Finally Alive, John Piper

Cornerstone Biblical Commentary: Luke, Acts, William J. Larkin and Allison A. Trites 

The Shape of Sola Scriptura, Keith A. Mathison
Revelation 20 and the Millennial Debate, Matt Waymeyer

How you guys comment on these?

Thanks.

Posts 524
Kolen Cheung | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 12:29 AM

By the way, since I have more than one computer, am I supposed not to vote on multiple computers?

Thanks.

Posts 18204
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 12:48 AM

Kolen Cheung:

By the way, since I have more than one computer, am I supposed not to vote on multiple computers?

Yes, that would probably be the right thing to do. One person, one vote. There are of course ways of cheating, but that isn't very Christ-like.

Posts 296
Jonathan West | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 3:43 AM

Haven't seen this question answered although I've seen it asked a few times:

When do the coupons expire?

www.emmanuelecc.org

Posts 18204
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 22 2010 4:08 AM

Jonathan West:

Haven't seen this question answered although I've seen it asked a few times:

When do the coupons expire?

That info is not posted anywhere in the FAQ. So unless someone here remembers how they did it with March Madness last year, and we want to assume it will be the same way this year, it will require a Logos employee reading this to jump in with an answer.

As for my educated guesses, I can think of three possibilities:

1) Each Round's coupons are only valid for the period of the next round's voting [I'm guessing this is unlikely since they would have told us that already about Round 1's coupons, as they'd be expiring Tuesday]

2) All the coupons are valid until a few days beyond the end of the final round [I'm guessing this is the most likely scenario]

3) All the coupons are valid for longer than what we might expect. Iif "12 Days of Logos" Christmas sale is any precedent, they tend to show grace in abundance; said they would honor each coupon only for the day it came out; but once the end of the 12 Days came, they unlocked all the coupons and said they would honor them all until Christmas, but they ended up honoring them for quite a while after that; I can't remember exactly, but I think it was a week or so, possibly even a few days into January. [This is what I'd hope for, but we can never presume upon grace. That's the whole point of grace. It's undeserved, unexpected, unpromised. Make your plans as if we won't have a grace period, but then be pleasantly surprised if you didn't have money to buy what you wanted by a few days after the sale and then they extend the period of time when you can use the coupons until you are able to.]

Page 9 of 13 (249 items) « First ... < Previous 7 8 9 10 11 Next > ... Last » | RSS