Organization Help

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 49
Kason | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 25 2016 7:04 PM

Currently I have all my sermons saved in Google Drive. I have folders labeled the various books of the Bible, and then I save my sermons under the books they correspond with.

I am thinking about taking the time to post all my sermons either as a 'note' file, or a 'sermon editor' file in Logos. Is there away to organize the files under categories or folders like I do in drive.

The only thing I have came up with thus for is to use the 'favorites' feature and drag them under a header that  I make for the various books of the Bible.

Any help?

Thanks

Posts 5528
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 7:31 PM

There is no way to organise documents within Logos under various sub-folders.  Some use favorites as you have already come up with as an option. The other approach is to use a naming convention for your files and then make use of the sort feature of the Logos Documents   - you and sort on more than one column for example you can sort by type of document and then by name.

For documents relating to a biblical book I use a naming convention and that consists of a number that represents the place of the book in order of the bible followed by a colon and then a number representing the chapter of the book that the document relates.

For example  2:2 Notes Birth of Moses (Ex 2)   would be a note bile on Exodus 2 about the birth of Moses.

As an example for a sermon file on creation   I might name it as follows:  1:1-2 Sermon Creation (Gen 1-2)

You can use whatever naming convention you like hopefully this gives you something to think about in how you might use a file naming convention to better organise your documents in Logos

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 7:32 PM

You have several options. Here is two possibilities

1. compile them as personal books using the proper sermon table lable syntax seen here...

https://wiki.logos.com/Sermon_and_Illustration_Support

and then you can make them into collections or add them to the favorites folders in a structure way as you described.

2. Keep them as note files, as long as you name them consistently with the Book of the bible, then passage, then sermon title. (to achieve a sort of structure to sorting them later)

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 1395
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 7:33 PM

looks like doc beat me to number 2 but number 1 is also another option

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 25 2016 8:44 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):
For documents relating to a biblical book I use a naming convention and that consists of a number that represents the place of the book in order of the bible followed by a colon ...

Logos wiki => Canonical Commentary Collections has Book # used by Logos: e.g. 61 = Matthew

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 49
Kason | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 26 2016 10:20 AM

Thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS