New Computer Questions, Please

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 29 2016 8:23 AM

After almost eight years, I'm having to upgrade to a new computer. I'm wondering about a couple of things in setting it up with Logos. I'm a Logos Now subscriber, so my guess is that I would download and install Logos 6 and then let the membership do the upgrade to Logos 7? Also, I plan to copy the library contents from another computer rather than having to download everything. I'm also assuming that should take place before the Logos 7 upgrade, or should it be after? I just don't know if the Logos datasets and other resources that are extant with Logos7 and Logos Now are in the same place as resources I've purchased.

One other important question--does anyone know if SmartTags works with MS Office 365? Many thanks if anyone can give me some guidance here.

Posts 13343
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 29 2016 8:36 AM

T.P. Johnston:
I'm wondering about a couple of things in setting it up with Logos. I'm a Logos Now subscriber, so my guess is that I would download and install Logos 6 and then let the membership do the upgrade to Logos 7?

As a Now member, you can install Logos 7 directly, from https://www.logos.com/install 

T.P. Johnston:
Also, I plan to copy the library contents from another computer rather than having to download everything. I'm also assuming that should take place before the Logos 7 upgrade, or should it be after?

No, that should would be fine in Logos 7, if you do it right.

T.P. Johnston:
One other important question--does anyone know if SmartTags works with MS Office 365?

Yes, but for some users they have a habit of breaking after every Logos update (although I think this is better than it used to be).

Posts 143
T.P. Johnston | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 10:32 AM

Many thanks, Mark, for your very helpful and clear direction. The new computer has a 1 TB SSD drive in addition to a 2 TB SATA drive. Any advice on installing Logos on the SSD?

Posts 13343
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 1:08 PM

T.P. Johnston:

Many thanks, Mark, for your very helpful and clear direction. The new computer has a 1 TB SSD drive in addition to a 2 TB SATA drive. Any advice on installing Logos on the SSD?

No special advice, except to say performance is significantly improved on an SSD. Logos will install to drive C: by default, so if that's not your SSD, you'll need to do a custom installation. 

Posts 56
Fred Robbins | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 1:21 PM

Get a lot of RAM memory!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS