H. A. IRONSIDE-Daniel-Preface to the Second Edition Missing

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 2 2016 2:38 PM

It seems that we do have the Second Edition (1920) of H. A. Ironside's "Daniel," but with only the Preface to the First Edition. The Preface to the Second Edition is missing.

Posts 438
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 2 2016 10:26 PM

You're absolutely right.  All prefaces and introductory statements in the relevant edition should certainly be included in the electronic forms of the book, I wonder what went wrong on this occasion? Keep well Paul  

Posts 1048
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2016 10:05 AM

Kenute--could you do me a favor?

1. What are the page number(s) of the Preface to the first edition you're looking at?
  2. What are the page number(s) of the preface to the second edition you're looking at?
  3. What page does the article "Introductory: Key to the Chart" start?

The print edition we used does include a Preface to the Second Edition. I'm trying to narrow down possibilities of what is happening.

Posts 1048
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2016 10:07 AM

Paul:

You're absolutely right.  All prefaces and introductory statements in the relevant edition should certainly be included in the electronic forms of the book, I wonder what went wrong on this occasion? Keep well Paul  

We keep all prefaces and introductory statements in the relevant edition. In this case, the preface to the second edition is lacking in the print used as our source material.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2016 10:23 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

Kenute--could you do me a favor?

1. What are the page number(s) of the Preface to the first edition you're looking at?
  2. What are the page number(s) of the preface to the second edition you're looking at?
  3. What page does the article "Introductory: Key to the Chart" start?

The print edition we used does include a Preface to the Second Edition. I'm trying to narrow down possibilities of what is happening.

I am not Kenute and have never played one on TV but . . . 

1. Preface is on page 3
2. Preface to the Second Edition is on page 4 (index is on page 5)
3. Introductory  -  Key To the Chart is on pages 6-8

Above is from the second edition (March 1920) twenty-ninth printing (April 1982)  ISBN 0-87213-357-5

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2016 2:06 PM

Hi Kyle 

1. The Preface to the First Edition is on Page 7.

2. The Preface to the Second Edition is on Page 8.

3. Introduction: Brief Analysis of the Chart is on Pages 9 and 10.

Note: This is the Updated Edition published in 2005 by Kregel Publications.This is the Updated Edition that I have.

Posts 461
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 3 2016 2:45 PM

Robert Harner:

1. Preface is on page 3
2. Preface to the Second Edition is on page 4 (index is on page 5)
3. Introductory  -  Key To the Chart is on pages 6-8

Above is from the second edition (March 1920) twenty-ninth printing (April 1982)  ISBN 0-87213-357-5 (Loizeaux Brothers)

The Logos copy skips page numbers 2 & 3, that is, the Logos copy page 4 is page 2 in my copy. The Logos copy page numbers get back to my copy by eliminating pages 4 & 5 (see below the missing pages)

Posts 1048
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 8:50 AM

Kenute and Robert: Thank you! That clears things up.

Our edition was missing those two pages and the pagination was such that there would be no way we would have noticed.

We'll work on getting those pages added. Look for the update to be available October 17.

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 9:40 AM

Thank you so much Kyle G. Anderson Yes

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS