Logos on eInk/eReader Device

Page 7 of 7 (130 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7
This post has 129 Replies | 15 Followers

Posts 2
Ramy Gabra | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 6 2017 5:28 AM

Hi

So just to confirm, is version 5.6.2 is highest version that can be installed on Android 4.2.2

Posts 408
Mark Nolette | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 6 2017 6:25 AM

Ramy Gabra:

Hi

So just to confirm, is version 5.6.2 is highest version that can be installed on Android 4.2.2

I have 5.12.4 on my Boyue T63 with Android 4.2.2. Everything still works!

Posts 2912
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 14 2017 8:39 PM

Getting a good e-ink-focused version of Logos would be excellent. There may even be a good opportunity to work with one of these manufacturers to get a branded customized reader. Please

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 3649
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 15 2017 3:43 AM

What would be nice is if the upcoming Superscreen can also be produced as an e-ink version. It would eliminate compatibility problems. The downside is that it relies on a wireless connection. I don't know whether the device will give the option of wired connectivity as well. In any case, Superscreen might put tablets to the shelf and if only someone can develop an e-ink version, I would suspect that there would a great market for that and it would be a great solution (I think) for those who want to use Logos (or other app) with e-ink.

Posts 2248
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 15 2017 3:46 AM

Onyx Boox has announced a new series of e-ink readers:

http://u4152261.viewer.maka.im/pcviewer/N3DTPQYO

The images are looking very exciting, especially the one with the keyboard.

Let's wait for some info about the specs. I'm not gonna buy a new reader unless it runs minimum Android Marshmallow.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 1
Emmanuel Merhan | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 10 2017 5:28 PM

Hello All,

I have been watching this thread, waiting to hear of a viable way of reading resources from my Logos library on an e-reader.  I was an early adopter of the "Send to Kindle" function but with the resources being converted to pdf format, my Kindle filled up very quickly; not to mention the lack of user friendly functionality.  With the upcoming releases of large e-ink/e-readers, I began researching loading Logos on an Android device.  As previously identified in this thread, most e-readers run a dinosaur version of Android ~4.0.  Well, I decided to commit and at least experiment with loading Logos and downloading my entire library on an external micro SD card to see if I could get it to work.  As many of the users here, I just can't stand reading on a computer or iPad after sitting in front of a screen all day.  

Here is where I am at.  I purchased a Onyx Boox N96ML.  I almost gave up since the 13" e-readers cost as much as a new iPad Pro.  Then I found the N96 which was half the price.  I also purchased a 128 GB micro SD card andI used my computer to format it to FAT.  Before doing this, I noticed the N96 did not read the card.  After the format, however, it shows up as 119 GB of storage available.  Next problem.  I used the link on page 5 of this thread to download a stable version of Logos Bible App for Android 4.0.  I opened the app and logged into my Logos Account.  So far so good.  Obviously not as smooth as an iPad or Android tablet, but I can open resources and read them!  I even have functionality of some of the features.  N96 hardware page turning buttons don't work but I use the stylus to turn the pages...no big deal.  Next, as others have noted, downloading resources to the device seemed to be a tedious "one at a time" process.  Here is how I solved that problem.  I opened my Logos on my MacBook and clicked on the library icon.  Once populated, I clicked (highlighted) the top resource, scrolled to the bottom of the list and held the shift key and clicked on the last resources.  This highlighted all of the 8,000+resources in my library.  Then click on the small "i" icon and it will populate the right side of your library.  Scroll to the bottom of the panel to the "Devices" section.  It will list all of your devices that have the Logos Bible App installed, if you have used it to log in to your account.  I clicked the box next to my N96 and it initiated the push to my device.  I opened the Logos Bible App on my N96 and noticed an immediate download of resources.  The "Downloads" page continues to grow as my device receives the resources.  

Waiting to update you on the following:

- I did not have the ability to select where the resource are installing.  I'm not sure if the device uses the internal 16 GB first and then overflows to the micro SD card or if it will error out once the internal memory is full.  

- Functionality of the Logos App offline.  I downloaded approximately 700 resources overnight and when I turned off wifi, those resources were still available - everything was working great!

- Right now, my devices is currently saying it is downloading 2000+ resources (and growing).  Being that I am traveling and using super slow hotel internet, it will likely take all day/night.  Again, I do not know if it will make it all the way to my 8000+ resources.  

Once this is complete, I will thoroughly test it and let you know how it goes.  I may post a youtube video to show its functionality.  My intent is to use this device as an e-reader for Logos and Kindle ONLY.  I will not load anything else on it.  Hope this answers a some of your questions.  I'll keep you posted.  

Posts 12
Kevin M. Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 8 2017 11:27 AM

Can you give us an update on how Logos is doing on your Boox? 

Posts 114
Tony Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 10 2017 7:39 PM

Ditto

Posts 12
Kevin M. Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 16 2017 11:25 AM

I have purchased an Onyx Noox for the primary purpose of installing Logos.  Of course, I discovered that the current edition 5.17.1 will not install even if sideloaded.  So, I installed an older version (2.8.7?) of Android Logos app.   And it does work. 

However, I find some difficulties. 

Firstly, the device runs very slowly. Secondly, screen refreshes sometimes have a nice greyscale and all is well; yet at other times the screen refresh produces a blotchy all black and white appearance.  Thirdly, "Google play services" (I want to also run Google Books app) forced an upgrade in order to continue running. After upgrading, Google play services crashes and Logos' Bible app will no longer run (crashes immediately upon launch).  Additionally, the device is telling me that I have run out of storage space and cannot install any new apps, while the settings area "storage" tells me that I have 5GB out of 8GB still available!  

I am trying to decide if I may need to send it back. 

Thanks, 
Kevin M. Shaw 

Posts 17
Ryan Lanning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 6 2018 6:59 PM

Please ignore my last reply. I have things working now thanks to Onyx customer support. 

Page 7 of 7 (130 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 | RSS