Bug: Media browser cannot export all the slides in a bible backgrounds slide set.

Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 48 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 12:13 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

Hi Jack,

Thanks for reporting this, I've created a case for the team to look at.

Still tracking?

Posts 270
Claude Brown Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 2 2017 12:14 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

Claude Brown Jr:

TCBlack:

Claude Brown Jr:

still not working

I also am continuing to experience this problem, even with the beta downloading only once instead of twice.  Many times the connection is apparently simply dropped, other times the wrong slide is mapped.  I can click on slide #2 and select send to powerpoint and slide #1 is sent.

The response so far has been not promoting of hope for a solution soon.

Hi Claude,

We still have a case open for this and are tracking it.

Still tracking, Tue Oct 4, 2016 4:09 PM since?

Posts 35
Peter Junor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 21 2017 11:36 PM

Any Progress on this?

I have had a on again-off again experience with this problem.  Some weeks I can get up to 80% of the slides available to appear, and other weeks ...much less - (like this week, none at all  !!!)

Very frustrating to someone who is looking for reliability in sermon prep, for each Sunday!

C'mon guys.  This facility used to work faultlessly, before Logos 7!

Posts 3167
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 11:42 AM

TCBlack:

Program version: 7.1.0.0025 I am on the beta channel. (This has been true for the last few weeks on prior beta versions also). 

Bug: Media browser cannot export all the slides in a bible backgrounds slide set.

Description:
I've been trying to use the Bible backgrounds (e.g. 1 & 2 Thessalonians) slide sets to teach overviews on Sunday nights. Now when I load the media browser (ever since the release of 7) I am unable to export (either by powerpoint, or direct to graphics) more than the first two bible backgrounds.
Dialog Box text: No dialog box.

Steps to reproduce:
load one of the Bible background slide sets in the media browser. Then click SEND TO, followed by Send all to powerpoint. The first two will send. If you scroll to the third, fourth, or beyond and attempt to send - only the second slide will be sent in its place.

Actual Result:
I cannot export the bible background slides. This is even harder to do in the 4:3 format verses the 16:9 format.
Expected Result:
All of the slides should export to Powerpoint the way they used to.

TC,

This should be working correctly, can you verify and let me know if you are still experiencing this issue?

Posts 8654
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 19 2017 6:50 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

TC,

This should be working correctly, can you verify and let me know if you are still experiencing this issue?

I tested it on the books mentioned here.

1 Thessalonians on a 4:3 format only loads the first and last slide, the rest appear blank. 16:9 format only loads two of the middle ones.

2 Thessalonians will only load the map.

Hebrews 16:9 actually loaded theme, context, map, timeline, outline, and the blank but the first one  won't load at all.  But hebrews 4:3 format only downloaded a couple of them randomly and leaves the others blank.

Now, to be fair - Logos now actually does export (in every case) exactly what is being downloaded - so that if a slide does not download (Timing out on my internet I assume) at least it doesn't double export a different slide as it had been doing.

Does mean the problem is fixed? Perhaps, it at least will export what the screen shows as downloaded.  

My problem is I just can't get books to download completely.

Is there any way you can make F5 do a reload of the currently selected slide?  For example:

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 8654
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 3 2017 6:18 AM

Philana R. Crouch:

TC,

Still broken.

Posts 3167
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 3 2017 9:19 AM

TCBlack:

Philana R. Crouch:

TC,

Still broken.

TC Black,

There is a secondary issue of the media browser not displaying all of the images the first time it loads (which we have a case for). But it should export all of the images that are visible. Is it still not exporting all visible images? 

Posts 8654
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 3 2017 4:47 PM

Fair enough. Yes it IS exporting whatever images do load.  But I still can't get them to load at all.

So I guess I now belong to the secondary issue.

Posts 35
Peter Junor | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 4 2017 6:56 PM

I agree with what TC has written.  I have noticed absolutely NO improvement in this situation at all.

Logos doesn't seem to care, they have never followed up on my emails, beyond the initial triage.

I have noticed that if one is prepared to substantially compromise size and use a smaller image, most of the images might come up.  However the problems remains, if you are looking for a normal, full-size graphic, Particularly in 4:3, the chances that it will load up when you want it to, are poor.

As a work around, I have figured out that if you load up and close the "Media" window, over and over again (say 12-20 times), that it is likely that sooner or later the tile you are looking for will appear - and that is the time to Copy/paste into your Powerpoint presentation.  Once you have it in the powerpoint presentation you can copy it as many times as you need it.  Obviously this is uber inconvenient & a massive waste of time.

To expect all the slides in a series to come up simultaneously (like used to happen most reliably in Logos 6), well... one might as well wish for the stars.

Peter

Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS