Keeping software up-to-date without buying extra resources

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2
Michael Engelbrecht | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 4 2016 8:29 PM

With Logos 7 now released I'm assuming that Logos 6 software packages won't be kept up-to-date?... and simply want my software to stay current.

I'm quite happy with my existing resources (originally purchased "Logos 6 SDA Starter" package) and just want to make sure my software is up-to-date.

If I simply upgrade to "Logos 7 Starter Feature Set" the price I'm seeing is $96.  The best I can tell is that all of the starter packages only include the Starter Feature Set, so I'm assuming that this is the most comparable option for me feature-set-wise to what I had in Logos 6?

I'm just wanting to make sure that I'm not losing features if I buy the "Logos 7 Starter Feature Set" upgrade.  All I want to do is a low-cost path to keeping the software up-to-date.

(Although Logos show clearly what resources you get in each upgrade alternative, I'm finding it terribly confusing understanding what if-any software features you gain/lose between Starter-vs-Full feature-sets.)

Any advice?  

Posts 2770
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 4 2016 8:40 PM

Hi Michael; Welcome to Logos.

You definitely won't lose any features by upgrading. If you just want the L7 look and feel (The program), you have the option of waiting a couple of months for the free L7 core upgrade.

Posts 667
Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 12:27 AM

Michael Engelbrecht:
With Logos 7 now released I'm assuming that Logos 6 software packages won't be kept up-to-date?

Welcome Big Smile

Logos 6 is currently being maintained => https://www.logos.com/support/free-support

Logos 6.14 SR-2 was released on 20 Sep 2016.  Volunteer speculation is Logos 6 becoming unsupported with free Logos 7 core engine release next year.

Michael Engelbrecht:
(Although Logos show clearly what resources you get in each upgrade alternative, I'm finding it terribly confusing understanding what if-any software features you gain/lose between Starter-vs-Full feature-sets.)

Logos 7 Feature Set comparison => https://www.logos.com/compare/feature-sets

Logos 7 Full Feature Set includes everything in Logos 7 Starter Feature Set plus more (e.g. Concordance Tool & Sermon Editor)

Logos Now membership includes everything in Logos 7 Full Feature Set plus Discourse datasets & visual filters in Lexham Discourse Bible (8 vols.) plus more (e.g. preview resources and courses) for duration of membership.

Personally have Logos Now membership (that keeps software current) so have not purchased a Logos 7 Feature Set.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 13415
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 1:44 AM

Michael Engelbrecht:

All the features you had in Logos 6 continue to be available in Logos 7. Logos 7 (without the new features) will be made available for free in February. At that point your system will automatically update, and you'll get all the bug-fixes and minor improvements in L7, without having to pay a penny.

Posts 2
Michael Engelbrecht | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 3:47 AM

Thanks everyone - you've all posted some very helpful replies to my question.  Regards, Michael

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS