Can we expect ABNT citation style to be added to Logos?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4
Dario Oliveira de Matos | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 5 2016 8:00 AM

Can we expect ABNT citation style to be added to Logos anytime soon? Living in Brazil and having to reformat all citations to said style is quite bothersome... Isn't it easy to add such a feature?

Thank you and with best regards,

Dario

Posts 5302
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 5 2016 10:59 AM

I had not heard of ABNT style, indeed to me Anchor Bible New Testament comes to mind.... Doing a little research I see that styling should be:

Template:

Author Surname, Author Initial. Title. Traducao . City: Publisher, Year Published. p. Pages Used

Example:

Fry, H.; Ketteridge, S.; Marshall, S. A handbook for teaching and learning in higher education. Traducao . 3. ed. New York: Routledge, 2009. 

I have found out that tradução is English: translation. I am curious why this word has to be in ABNT citations. Or does it mean something else too?

-Dan
Posts 1
Lucas dos Santos Miranda | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2020 4:28 PM

Hi Dan!

A correct example would be:

FRY, H.; KETTERIDGE, S.; MARSHALL, S. A handbook for teaching and learning in higher education. 3. ed. New York:Thomas Nelson,2005. 

O don't really know the editor for this one, let's pretend is Thomas Nelson.

ABNT is a style used in Brasil for academic works.

There are other optional fields. For simple books the other fields aren't needed. Translation field is only used if you want to specify the brasilian translator for a foreign book. Neither is the edition if is the first.

Posts 4
Dario Oliveira de Matos | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2020 4:16 AM

Indeed, that's what I meant. It would be especially useful having the possibility of using the ABNT citation style because that is the official standard for academic works in Brazil - and as we have logos in portuguese, this functionality would just make things smoother.

Sadly, after four years, no official reply from the Logos guys on this regard...

By the way, ABNT stands for Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas (meaning Brazilian Association for Technical Standards).

Posts 2724
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 9 2020 5:04 AM

Dario Oliveira de Matos:

Indeed, that's what I meant. It would be especially useful having the possibility of using the ABNT citation style because that is the official standard for academic works in Brazil - and as we have logos in portuguese, this functionality would just make things smoother.

Sadly, after four years, no official reply from the Logos guys on this regard...

By the way, ABNT stands for Associação Brasileira de Normas Técnicas (meaning Brazilian Association for Technical Standards).

Does Logos offer any journals in Portuguese? Are you a student or professor? If so maybe appealing to the Academic division of Logos would hasten the adoption of your request. God's speed! 

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Posts 4096
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 10 2020 1:36 PM

Perhaps posting about it again in the Portuguese forum would be helpful.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS